Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

haydendavid380
Just now, Jeff-C175 said:

Hmmm... those pics appear that you're doing this at the kitchen sink?  

image.png.4b636e5a5363c028a29c21576865bf4b.png

You must be a bachelor!  :ychain::laughing-rolling:

Been married 5 years. She filled up the sink for me.

• Like 5
  • Heart 4

Gregor
1 minute ago, Jeff-C175 said:

You must be a bachelor!  

Or soon will be !

• Haha 7

Jeff-C175
1 minute ago, haydendavid380 said:

Been married 5 years. She filled up the sink for me.

Wow...  good catch my friend!  :beer:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
1 hour ago, krystolo said:

Received the wheels from @pullstart! So happy to get the tires on them and get going! E50F418B-E687-4857-BF91-6D9D8D514A1E.jpeg.f35ccd6b27e6d785a83984a430202c5e.jpeg

I’m glad they showed up together!  Woo hoo!  For clean up, if you have access to a battery charger, an “e-tank” is an amazing solution to stripping paint and rust from steel.  It can be done in as simple as a 5 gallon pail.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 4

OldWorkHorse
7 hours ago, haydendavid380 said:

In all honesty I just grabbed that one because it said it stops rust

It don't sry for the let down. I use it all the time it's good stuff but It slows it. So deffenetly clean up the area good b4 just tossing the paint on. 

• Like 2

krystolo

@pullstart I do have one! I read up on it and that is just fascinating! Does it take off the paint, too? 
wow! Talk about a labor saver!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
11 minutes ago, krystolo said:

@pullstart I do have one! I read up on it and that is just fascinating! Does it take off the paint, too? 
wow! Talk about a labor saver!

The paint will literally wash off with a hose!

Pullstart

@krystolo here is a link to Mrs. P’s “Frank” build where I stripped the wheels...

Tuneup

Ha, I got tired of the grief for whenever I washed the work dirt from my hands in the bathroom sink - installed a work sink.

Anyway, felt like fighting a battle so spent an hour, only an hour so good for me, on the center pulley of the 48" deck recently acquired. The puller had failed so on to cutting or pounding. Plenty of heat, applied a bar, and then...the hammer. It took several wacks from an 8 lb maul but I've had enough of these dang pullies. Took a chance. The arbor is fine, threads are fine, but needs one bolt removed after I ground it down for removal. I can move ahead with playing with that cheap Harbor Freight welder now!!

No_Pulley.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

Gregor

Putting the decals on the 876.

20210418_125215.jpg.84d57f3768305a64fffc1793bdb79dff.jpg

Wasn't sure where the one on the rear was suppose to go, but I did a search, and found it located at the bottom. I hope that's right.

20210418_130319.jpg.41df457721d010f76729c423638c6cdd.jpg

This cover plate was missing when I got the tractor, so I made one. Don't know if it's right, but it works. Of course I ruined the decal when I tightened the bolts. I thought having a flat washer under the head would prevent that, It didn't. I'll have to see if I can get just that decal.

20210418_130336.jpg.5a812759c063bee41b316bde6e511729.jpg

Then I got to this decal and didn't know where it was suppose to be. A search didn't help.

1737144826_20210418_125234(2).jpg.ffac1f21f2fa550e0c2173b1906ecaf4.jpg Anyone got a pic?

• Like 2
  • Excellent 5
  • Heart 1

ranger

Lovely job. You can just see the decal behind the bracket, roughly in the centre of the picture.image.jpeg.d6b05601a343c1faa8a19ff4b10edaf3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, Gregor said:

I ruined the decal when I tightened the bolts. I thought having a flat washer under the head would prevent that, It didn't. I'll have to see if I can get just that decal

Far as I know Terry does sell all his stuff by the piece. 

I remember running into the wrinkle issue doing a dashboard on Trina's first restoration. Terry and some others around here told me how to fix it. 

• Like 2

rjg854

Changed the engine and transmission pulleys on the 854. Now I've got a fast little tractor.:auto-layrubber:

• Like 6

ebinmaine
Just now, rjg854 said:

Changed the engine and transmission pulleys on the 854. Now I've got a fast little tractor.:auto-layrubber:

Details man!

And no pics/videos????

:auto-swerve:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

haydendavid380
1 hour ago, ebinmaine said:

Far as I know Terry does sell all his stuff by the piece. 

I remember running into the wrinkle issue doing a dashboard on Trina's first restoration. Terry and some others around here told me how to fix it. 

I couldn't find it that way. My decals flaked off when I power washed it and needed the two long decals on the the hood. Ended up ordering the full kit last night. 

Gregor

:sad:

rjg854
37 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Details man!

And no pics/videos????

:auto-swerve:

Changed the engine pulley, went from 2 1/2" to 3"

The transmission pulley, went from 4" to 3 1/2"

Nice increase in overall speed, didn't have to change the belt length, but had to modify the belt cover a bit by moving it more to the front. All that was required was to relocate the holes that holds it in place. The hardest part of the whole job was getting the pulley off the transmission shaft. 

• Excellent 5

squonk
1 hour ago, rjg854 said:

Don't forget to stop at the end of you driveway! :ROTF:

• Haha 4

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, haydendavid380 said:

Ended up ordering the full kit last night

Did you try calling Terry or just check the website? 

• Like 1

haydendavid380
12 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Did you try calling Terry or just check the website? 

Just the website

• Like 1

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, haydendavid380 said:

Just the website

Oh ok. For future reference he's got bunches of files not listed in the website. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Jeff-C175

Almost done!  

Need to do a second coat on the belt covers.  It was getting dark at the 'painting tree' and I had a few runs.  Need to wet sand them out after the paint cures sufficiently and paint on a horizontal instead of hanging.  I'll set up a bench outside to do that.

See those four shiny new bolts?  The top of the deck sheet metal was bowed down and the result was that the idler bar was sitting low and the idler very close to the 'sub-chassis'.  Couldn't come up with a suitable way to straighten it, I think the metal was somehow 'stretched'.  Every time I got one side up, the other went down, and vice versa, so I decided to drill some more holes and add the bolts.  Now everything is snugged up the way it should be.

New CAUTION and Belt Routing labels are on their way from Terry.

Too bad I'm gonna mess it all up again, this is my 'worker' deck.  Oh well, they were made to do a job, not just look pretty!

image.png.ce349291d96ef465bc9884f7e2647a5d.png

QUESTION for you learned Gurus:

I have a discharge chute for this deck but nave never used it,  I find it clogs up and leaves long rows of 'clumps' rather than shoot the clippings out to mulch back into the soil.

As I recall, when I did use it, it attached with two bolts where the white arrows are.

But what are the GREEN circled holes for ?  Bagger attachment ?

image.png.0fb8189df0619691c4bcdf4d2d9eb69c.png

I may have partially answered my own question by looking at the book for the deck.  It looks like there are FOUR bolts to attach the chute, two on the sides and two on top, but there are still some extra holes unaccounted for.  The manual for the deck shows three of the five holes.

ALSO: the manual shows what appears to be a metal bar on the bottom of the deck running fore to aft at the chute outlet.  My deck doesn't have this bar.  Does anyone know where it went? :rolleyes: 

Seriously though, are the 48 SD decks supposed to have this bar there?

image.png.639abccb1c9cba29e3e80b0c8005c771.png

Edited by Jeff-C175
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 3

haydendavid380

Picked up a couple deals today as well.

Snagged a seat bottom to start ousting together a new seat for the 160. Found it on fleabay and the guy was semi local and got it for $20.

20210418_210709.jpg.d58339a8dc59b0fdbfe78de309ac00ac.jpg

Also picked up a really nice clevis hitch kit for $175. Even came with the original installation instructions. With regards to that, I did my best to search if this was in the manual section, and I couldn't find it. If it would be of use I can scan copies and send them where ever they need to go.

20210418_210703.jpg.040550861f9f10e1e6121b165a0918e7.jpg

20210418_205423.jpg.308a299c561050537da330bfc8bd6179.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 2