Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Gregor
4 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

If you PULL start it,

Don't got one.

• Sad 1

19richie66
1 hour ago, stevasaurus said:

:confusion-confused:

:deadhorse:

pfrederi
1 hour ago, Gregor said:

The 876 got new shoes today. No new wheels. I think I have spent my wheel budget for a while. Although, my wife hates this antique white color, sooooooooo..... I was hoping to get the new saddle today as well, but that didn't happen. I think it will be a surprise. I am trying to mount the K-181 #1 on it for now, but I am hitting a few road blocks. The correct motor in a Genny motor, this one has a typical starter. As you can see, the starter sort-a interferes with the battery box. I have my grand kids toy truck battery in it right now. I have no idea if it will spin the motor or not. It is 12v , 9.5Ah. Hopefully it will at least keep the motor running. It was magneto ignition, and I switched it to battery ignition. I have the coil mounted to the block.. Again, I don't know if tha'ts good or bad. Maybe it will transfer too much heat to the coil. The oil fill tube is much too high for the hood to fit I think. I would not be opposed to cutting it off though. I don't have the dash back from the media blaster yet either. :ranting: I still don't think I have my brake/drive linkage quite right yet. One more trip to the R & D department, and I think I'll have it working correctly. I also want to install a remote, vacuum operated fuel pump. Every time I hook up one of these K161, or 181, with the #16 carb, to an electric fuel pump, I get too much fuel being thrown at it, so I will try the pulse pump.

Replacing a S/G on a short frame with a Bendix starter had to jack the battery box way up.. Probably would be better to put the battery back under the seat...

953 nut
11 hours ago, pullstart said:

Rylee wanted to make a video like her old dad

Rylee probably knows more about Wheel Horse mechanical maintenance than half of our members.   :woohoo:  Good job Dad!

Kevin, I was impressed that you hade gloves on while removing the tires.       :handgestures-thumbup:      Also noted that they double as kneeling pads later on.      :hide:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

pfrederi

I have to agree I am not a 5 year old and while I like pictures seeing the same ones 3-4 times get old....

• Like 5

Gregor

Probably would be better to put the battery back under the seat...

This motor is only temporary until I get the other K-181 back together.

•  
Edited by Gregor

squonk

You need a motorcycle/A tv battery

• Like 1

Tractorhead
4 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

I thought we all were going to watch and make an attempt to not keep quoting posts full of pictures so we had to look at them over and over and over and over and over.  Think of the people with cell phones please.  :angry-screaming:  You can quote what you need to draw attention to why your are posting without copying all of the pictures that go with it.  

Sorry if i did it.

sometimes i have to dealing with the Bavarian / english headtranslator, finding right words that i maybe forget the rule.

I will do better, promised.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

Jeff-C175
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

:deadhorse:

"It's not dead!"

Alive and well, and somewhat annoying.

• Haha 1

Pullstart
2 hours ago, Gregor said:

Don't got one.

I’d give you mine.... but then... well... I’m not sure.

• Like 1

D_Mac
2 hours ago, Gregor said:

Probably would be better to put the battery back under the seat...

This motor is only temporary until I get the other K-181 back together.

•  

If you are not going to use it, send it my way !!!

krystolo
3 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Are you gonna have a horse "massage" his hand?

:hide:

Have to admit Steve... You'd forget about the tendons fairly quick. 

Haha!  No, I’m a novice at fixing up Wheel Horses, but I’m actually pretty good at fixing up people. 👩‍⚕️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

krystolo

I replaced the rectifier/regulator with a new one.  I was kind of sad that I had to toss the original.  Don't guess there's any way to fix it, is there?

• Sad 1

Stormin

Afraid not Krystolo. Well not that I know off.

• Sad 1

ebinmaine
5 hours ago, krystolo said:

I replaced the rectifier/regulator with a new one.  I was kind of sad that I had to toss the original.  Don't guess there's any way to fix it, is there?

I'd agree with @Stormin

They're an internal non repairable as far as I know. 

• Sad 1

ranger
12 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Are you gonna have a horse "massage" his hand?

:hide:

Have to admit Steve... You'd forget about the tendons fairly quick. 

I had a horse “massage” my ribs one day, I ended up going to hospital for an X-ray! Two cracked ribs and a lovely big bruise. She was a Shire cross, huge hooves! I was told, “You were lucky”, “A kick from the back end HURTS, a kick from the front end is usually FATAL”!

Doug.

p.s. You certainly forget about everything else. All I could think about was trying to breathe!!!

Edited by ranger
  • Sad 6

Jeff-C175
9 hours ago, krystolo said:

Don't guess there's any way to fix it, is there?

4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

They're an internal non repairable as far as I know. 

I'm an 'electronics guy' by day.

I had a bad one that I attempted to 'open' and repair.  The 'potting compound' they use is some kind of epoxy that can't be 'melted' or otherwise removed without completely destroying the circuit board.  I tried numerous methods, none worked.

• Like 4

ebinmaine
17 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

numerous methods

Sawzall??

• Haha 6

ranger
14 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Sawzall??

Plasma cutter?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Handy Don
19 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

I had a bad one that I attempted to 'open' and repair.  The 'potting compound' they use is some kind of epoxy that can't be 'melted' or otherwise removed without completely destroying the circuit board.  I tried numerous methods, none worked.

A while back in another thread, a "half dead" regulator was being discussed and how one of the AC sides was linked internally to the B+ terminal on one that Jeff had "examined more closely".

I pulled a dead one that I hadn't yet discarded (this is an Onan OEM for P216,218, & 220s) and took a closer look ....

IMG_2934.thumb.jpg.a896e310f592873c93e0a42c05eeabdb.jpg   IMG_2933.thumb.jpg.f4742bd9f5627f7beef6d1ad5dc6ef0d.jpg

Found that indeed, on this unit one of the AC terminals and the B+ were together. (Note: this one died because the potting epoxy separated from the heat sink and the internals got damaged.)

Jeff-C175

3 hours ago, ranger said:

Plasma cutter?

I'll add one to my Harbor Fright shopping list!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

OldWorkHorse

Fastest way to know if your engine burns oil...

20210415_122752.jpg

• Haha 7

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Fastest way to know if your engine burns oil...

20210415_122752.jpg

You going to be able to see that exhaust okay?

• Haha 2

lynnmor
4 hours ago, Handy Don said:

A while back in another thread, a "half dead" regulator was being discussed and how one of the AC sides was linked internally to the B+ terminal on one that Jeff had "examined more closely".

I pulled a dead one that I hadn't yet discarded (this is an Onan OEM for P216,218, & 220s) and took a closer look ....

IMG_2934.thumb.jpg.a896e310f592873c93e0a42c05eeabdb.jpg   IMG_2933.thumb.jpg.f4742bd9f5627f7beef6d1ad5dc6ef0d.jpg

Found that indeed, on this unit one of the AC terminals and the B+ were together. (Note: this one died because the potting epoxy separated from the heat sink and the internals got damaged.)

Did you reverse the meter leads and test both ways on each?