Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

haydendavid380

Filled up the leaky tranny on the 312 so I could haul the mess the wife pulled out of the flowerbed  to the pile in the back yard. Got a box from Lowell containing all the parts for the rear lift on the B80.

I then took it for a spin. Felt like I was driving around a mini back hoe.

20210308_150951.jpg.34c8f78840cba6203434049be6e0e816.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

OldWorkHorse
48 minutes ago, Jeff-C175 said:

I think she may have thought it was a huge chocolate donut.  That would even get me excited!

Hahahah there is a pretty good chance that might have been it too, I'm still hoping she just likes tractor parts lol

OldWorkHorse
51 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

You get yer woman a tractor then the offspring will need one too. 

I know! It's a never ending chain! After her my dad then mom then my grams gonna want 1! Ugh I need a bigger barn! :laughing-rofl:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

bigger barn

I told you that. I know I did. 

• Haha 3

OldWorkHorse
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

I told you that. I know I did. 

Yes you did... I didn't listen :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Yes you did... I didn't listen :(

Hahahahahahaha

• Like 2

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Jeff-C175 said:

huge chocolate donut

Oh Man. 

Bear. Want.  Donuts.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

TJ5208
53 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

I know! It's a never ending chain! After her my dad then mom then my grams gonna want 1! Ugh I need a bigger barn! :laughing-rofl:

Yep that's me right now fitting mine hopefully 2 :wh:soon one in a horse trailer soon bot alout of room

Edited by Tj salyers
  • Excellent 1

Horse Newbie
10 hours ago, chip61 said:

may just cut the fitting off and have a new one made. 

Cut it off and use a screw extractor...

Screenshot_20210308-183023.png

• Like 1

WHX??

Got the cart today Billy....fits fine. Some assembly required. :)  Helmet must be on the slow boat from China yet. 

The whole setup will be good enough for what little welding I do and the women I go out with!

I'll do a thread in tools I get a little practice on it. You guys can critique my beads. 

20210308_153905.jpg

• Like 8

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Gregor said:

Don't forget my question. Is 2 1/2" far enough away from paint and decals for that muffler

Good thing you wrote that again. 

:lol:

Yeah that's fine. I've had them closer and no issues. 

That 875 should be a good time occupier for you. 

Definitely looking forward to seeing what you do with it. 

• Like 1

Lee1977

Graded the back yard as it finely got dry enough do do something with it. Had trouble with my septic tank filling up with water a month or so back. I have a area drain out there I got stop up one Sunday when it was

raining every day and back water over the tank. Went out in the rain and open the drain and did as much as I could by hand. The area has filled in in the last thirty years. I went out a couple days later with the 312

and blade in a big mud puddle and open it up some more. The 312 surprised me running in 6" of water it was spinning constantly pushing a blade full of mud but it never stopped. Made a huge mess but got most of\

the water away from the tank.  I'll have to wait until it rains again to see if it needs anything else.

SAM-1305-1.jpg

SAM-1310-2.jpg

url=https://postimg.cc/jWYrvhzt]SAM-1309.jpg[/url]

I had this on the back of the 312 that I ripped up the area before using the blade

SAM-0603.jpg

• Like 7

Oldskool

Finally got around to ordering the pulleys needed to install the syckle bar  on the GT. Also started making room for this up coming weekends parts trip.

• Excellent 2

chip61
18 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

I would cut the raised boss away enough to get a tubing wrench on the hex.

7192a14p1-a07a-digital@1x_636954482006422352.png?ver=ImageNotFound

It may come to that, need time to get back to it! I will have to grind the opening on the wrench, it isn't quite wide enough to go over the tubing.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
13 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Got the cart today Billy....fits fine. Some assembly required. :)  Helmet must be on the slow boat from China yet. 

The whole setup will be good enough for what little welding I do and the women I go out with!

I'll do a thread in tools I get a little practice on it. You guys can critique my beads. 

20210308_153905.jpg

I will have to to take a pic of my new set-up, still wanting a bottle of 75% Co2/25% Argon for solid wire mig welding, plus mine is Aluminum spool gun ready will need a separate bottle of 100% Argon for that as well. Remember if yours is gas capable you can still use fluxcore wire for stronger welds with gas.

• Like 3

Pullstart

Putt Putt has been sitting since September 28, last year.  When @PeacemakerJack’s crew was here, he puttered and died while Jada was cruising.    We stuck her on Stormy and kept cruising until the line up picture.... then pushed him into the garage.  I cleaned up the points and on old fuel he fired right up!

A little smoke, but it cleared up well.

C6F36779-CA11-409C-8FF5-0996053D528B.jpeg

170640A9-1E9D-41B0-BEF3-2D5E73884946.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Renrag

I'm putting tail light(s) on would the blinker off a old car work for them to blink is question.

nyquil junkie

Time to drag a sleeper from under its tree and send it to work...  After some fresh gas, a charged up battery, some air in the tires and clearing the winter debris out f everywhere, it popped off and runs just fine, no smoke no sputter.  I was sure it was going to give me grief as it was not running right when I parked it. Funny how a clean fuel filter will fix stuff like that. 

580.jpg.59445ff85bcab72dfe40ef7f41e42a64.jpg

Lots of universal lubricant on the moving bits.

578.jpg.de754d4b893e325aa835815ba1d8d7ca.jpg

A shot of grese in every zerk and its off to the fields to live pulling a lime spreader and occasionally a brush hog and dragging the fields with a chain harrow.  Then it'll be pulling 4x8 trailer loads of firewood out of places the trucks cant go.  I might have to replace the leaky front tires if sealer doesn't keep em up.

443.jpg.a85874a569ffdc252515e8a4a674cb78.jpg

This one has to come home for a good cleaning and repairs.  Ill probably fabricate a better workbench seat.  Maybe remove the plow and convert it to some other use.  The read hubs are pretty lose, those duals and chains beat the snot out of them.

Edited by nyquil junkie
  • Like 2

nyquil junkie

I'm thinking of chopping this one for scrap. Its scabbed together from a couple different models, (not my doing) not sure what they are or of any parts are usable. The engine runs fine, (did run fine...) just surging all the time.  I worked it for a day when I got it, then parked it and kinda forgot about it.  I need to get it out of my way sooner or later.

257.jpg.197b6fbd5e07802eddfa39a4e8316fd4.jpg

Ed Kennell
39 minutes ago, nyquil junkie said:

Time to drag a sleeper from under its tree and send it to work...  After some fresh gas, a charged up battery, some air in the tires and clearing the winter debris out f everywhere, it popped off and runs just fine, no smoke no sputter.  I was sure it was going to give me grief as it was not running right when I parked it. Funny how a clean fuel filter will fix stuff like that. 

580.jpg.59445ff85bcab72dfe40ef7f41e42a64.jpg

Lots of universal lubricant on the moving bits.

A shot of grese in every zerk and its off to the fields to live pulling a lime spreader and occasionally a brush hog and dragging the fields with a chain harrow.  Then it'll be pulling 4x8 trailer loads of firewood out of places the trucks cant go.  I might have to replace the leaky front tires if sealer doesn't keep em up.

443.jpg.a85874a569ffdc252515e8a4a674cb78.jpg

This one has to come home for a good cleaning and repairs.  Ill probably fabricate a better workbench seat.  Maybe remove the plow and convert it to some other use.  The read hubs are pretty lose, those duals and chains beat the snot out of them.

Looks like  she can do anything you ask of her.

Ed Kennell
19 hours ago, WHX24 said:

20210308_153905.jpg

Here's my $10  Junk Yard   weld cart.

A scrapped pressure washer with a frozen pump.

102_2760.JPG.b93a165c3182ce4ab1c0a0ef719dd4f9.JPG102_2759.JPG.4eddb82dab93aa9e5d79cf24a8479b12.JPG

• Like 3

nyquil junkie
8 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Looks like  she can do anything you ask of her.

I should have taken pics when I had to lift it out of the mudhole it was stuck in with the backhoe.  It was like carrying a muddy turtle by the tail dangling off the hoe all the way back to the driveway.

The neighbor guy got a good laugh.

• Haha 5

Pullstart
40 minutes ago, nyquil junkie said:

I'm thinking of chopping this one for scrap. Its scabbed together from a couple different models, (not my doing) not sure what they are or of any parts are usable. The engine runs fine, (did run fine...) just surging all the time.  I worked it for a day when I got it, then parked it and kinda forgot about it.  I need to get it out of my way sooner or later.

257.jpg.197b6fbd5e07802eddfa39a4e8316fd4.jpg

looks like lots of usable parts there, rather than scrap :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Excellent 2