Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

sparkie333
3 hours ago, twiisted71 said:

I finally had enough of wires breaking

Great job there.

sparkie333
1 minute ago, 76c12091520h said:

Finished up the seat for the 854 today, I think it "panned" out pretty well.....nice and sturdy, doesn't flex, no more cracks, spot welds look like the factory put them there.

20210130_184356[1].jpg

20210130_184406[1].jpg

Man you did a better job than the factory. You do great work.

haydendavid380
52 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

Okay, so today I finally painted the center of my 520H hubcaps...an idea I stole from @WVHillbilly520H...

Screenshot_20201221-220650.png

20210130_171136.jpg

20210130_171153_HDR.jpg

20210130_171203_HDR.jpg

That looks great!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1

Horse Newbie
35 minutes ago, JohnD said:

What brand and model are those tires? 

They are BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A's

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H
2 hours ago, Horse Newbie said:

Okay, so today I finally painted the center of my 520H hubcaps...an idea I stole from @WVHillbilly520H...

20210130_171136.jpg

20210130_171153_HDR.jpg

20210130_171203_HDR.jpg

Tim, they turned out rather sharp. I still have a rusty rear pair, now if I could find a pair of rough 8" and the shiny/chrome powder I would do a second set.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Horse Newbie
30 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Tim, they turned out rather sharp. I still have a rusty rear pair, now if I could find a pair of rough 8" and the shiny/chrome powder in would do a second set.

Thanks Jeff...definitely look good enough for "my old tractor"...

was on the fence about putting them on since I really like the look of wheels/ rims only, but since

1. They are factory (almost)

2. I went to the trouble to redo.

I will be installing them

I plan on making a "dot" on each wheel at a hub cap clip...then if I have to remove hub cap, I'll put them back on in the same place...if I have to possibly scratch new powder coat, I'll keep the scratches in one spot:D

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

twiisted71
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Nice work. 

Oddly enough I find wiring tractors to be quite relaxing. 

Yeah, wasn't bad once I figured out all the past 40 years of owner snips, splices, and hacks.  AND how to just do away with that rat's nest tied into the PTO lever!!!:scared-eek:  I now even have a working amp gauge and can easily add a set of lights if the mood strikes since I ran a fused wire to the dash switch all ready to go.  I have an insanely loud fire boat  horn I'm te,pted to install for shitzngiggles.  Its stainless steel with a metal diaphragm kind of like a speaker uses.  It is beyond obnoxious!

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

76c12091520h
8 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

Thanks Jeff...definitely look good enough for "my old tractor"...

was on the fence about putting them on since I really like the look of wheels/ rims only, but since

1. They are factory (almost)

2. I went to the trouble to redo.

I will be installing them

I plan on making a "dot" on each wheel at a hub cap clip...then if I have to remove hub cap, I'll put them back on in the same place...if I have to possibly scratch new powder coat, I'll keep the scratches in one spot:D

Something you might want to try: remove the clips and replace them with a section of rubber fuel/vacuum hose that you split length wise (like door edge guard) . Holds the caps on pretty well without chewing up the wheels.:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

TonyToro

We took wheels weights off the Craftman and put them on my sons snow blowing machine. Hopefully now it has some more grip. Now I have to get WheelHorse stickers for the weights.

FFD29811-67AE-48CE-8476-984C90E52EED.jpeg

29901B1E-5356-4BBD-AB50-295D3DF35004.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

BeninCT

@haydendavid380 that paint work looks like it should have been there from the factory.  What do you use to do it?  

Jhook

Well ive been gone just shy of 2 weeks, between work being busy, loader being sold, and looking for a truck, i havent had time to check in. And with all my toy money aside for a truck theres not much i can do to my wheel horse in the meantime, but finally after about a month and a half looking i got the new horse hauler home today. Drove it 100 miles home with no issues loving it so far

20210131_154535.jpg

20210131_121933.jpg

• Like 8

Horse Newbie
8 minutes ago, Jhook said:

Well ive been gone just shy of 2 weeks, between work being busy, loader being sold, and looking for a truck, i havent had time to check in. And with all my toy money aside for a truck theres not much i can do to my wheel horse in the meantime, but finally after about a month and a half looking i got the new horse hauler home today. Drove it 100 miles home with no issues loving it so far

20210131_154535.jpg

20210131_121933.jpg

That's a nice hauler !... gonna use ramps to load ?

• Like 1

Jhook
52 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

That's a nice hauler !... gonna use ramps to load ?

Would like to be able to use the bed sides as ramps, not sure yet though havent though about it too much. Gotta go thru the whole thing with new fluids and register it next week before anything else. Thinking about a winch to pull dead machines up too

• Like 3

Horse Newbie

I think that flatbed will be more versatile than a pick up...is it a dump bed ?

Jhook
43 minutes ago, Horse Newbie said:

I think that flatbed will be more versatile than a pick up...is it a dump bed ?

No just a flatbed. Its a cadet brand model "western" seems like a really nice bed. Pretty happy with the setup 

• Like 1

ZXT
4 hours ago, Jhook said:

20210131_154535.jpg

20210131_121933.jpg

Nice lookin 'ol truck. Hopefully its a 7.3 and not a 6.0!

• Like 1

BeninCT

Plowed with the 310 this morning for the first time really and was impressed with the pushing power and strength of the plow blade itself. Still lots to learn but I did try an old trick from my off roading days.

Got stuck with front tires in the snow and tractor not developing enough traction to reverse so just one tire is spinning which happened to be the left which has the brake band on it.  So just leave it in reverse with that wheel spinning and push the brake pretty hard which slows that spinning wheel and forces the torque to the other tire which has more traction and boom I was out! 

Cant be great to be braking hard in reverse on a band brake but it works.  Going to add what weight I have to the tractor for the next round or 3 of plowing and maybe the tire chains if need be but hoping to avoid scratching my new asphalt..

• Like 2

ebinmaine
35 minutes ago, BeninCT said:

Plowed with the 310 this morning for the first time really and was impressed with the pushing power and strength of the plow blade itself. Still lots to learn but I did try an old trick from my off roading days.

Got stuck with front tires in the snow and tractor not developing enough traction to reverse so just one tire is spinning which happened to be the left which has the brake band on it.  So just leave it in reverse with that wheel spinning and push the brake pretty hard which slows that spinning wheel and forces the torque to the other tire which has more traction and boom I was out! 

Cant be great to be braking hard in reverse on a band brake but it works.  Going to add what weight I have to the tractor for the next round or 3 of plowing and maybe the tire chains if need be but hoping to avoid scratching my new asphalt..

Weight. Weight.  WEIGHT. And more ....

• Like 1

lynnmor
9 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Just like a little kid....

Hey wanna take stuff apart? YEAH!!

IMG_20210130_164704786.jpg.25a71c1c667b967b5a783f5d34eb3170.jpg

So what is going on here?  I see a sub-frame for a loader and maybe drawings being made?

• Like 1

ebinmaine
9 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

So what is going on here?  I see a sub-frame for a loader and maybe drawings being made?

You're correct about the subframe for the loader. That's being used on Colossus.

She does look like she's drawing but she's actually contemplating taking apart two different old three-piece transmissions...