Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Jennifer

Hubby got the tombstone weight bracket from Lowell and mounted it yesterday!  He was very pleased!  Now he is talking of taking it back off and painting it...  he should have done that to start with... 🤪.

D9B6F5CD-0A97-4355-AEFB-E7F98832E2FB.jpeg

610738AF-237C-4F72-8CB6-3BF2BABEE873.jpeg

731C5A25-5416-4804-A464-2D5A3B6E962A.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

I added a primer bulb on my C105 worker last year... cheap, lowest of tech and they work great! :thumbs:

• Like 5
  • Heart 1

WHX??
52 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

cheap,

Yes they really don't cost alot of cabbage! :laughing-rolling:

Looks like you had the blades spinning Ed :handgestures-thumbupright: 

• Haha 5

Roger R
6 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Then mowed some trails and set the trap for a groundhog I saw in the cabbage patch.   This will be number 10 when I send him to hog heaven,

102_1981.JPG.82ebcce3d55261eb7a804e99414b2ef1.JPG

any reason for setting the trap in a big old patch of poison ivy?

:unsure:

lynnmor
5 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Yes they really don't cost alot of cabbage! :laughing-rolling:

:think:

Remember way back when I made the primer suggestion?

TonyToro

We finally will have our first tractor pull of the year this Sunday. So, I took all the tractors out and gave them new batteries and oil changes. I  had some spare time and fired up the C-145 that I originally bought to steal parts off of but my little tractor but wanted to save it. We blew it off, decreased and washed it. Little man even did some mowing with it. 

684E6BAE-81A4-4731-873A-CD6BC4050920.jpeg

E2F51292-B4D0-48DF-BAC4-F713E815746A.png

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart 1

Ed Kennell
12 hours ago, Roger R said:

any reason for setting the trap in a big old patch of poison ivy?

Yep, that's where the cabbage eater lives.

• Like 3

squonk
On 7/19/2020 at 9:32 PM, WHX24 said:

Pulled the Super C into the AIR CONDITIONED  shop for some love. Decided the wiring was POed and not up to my standards. Cut it all out and start from scratch. Got a switch pig tail and start from there. Sides wiring is about the only dang thing I am good at! :lol:

20200719_192446.jpg

20200719_192510.jpg

Cracking open a refrigerant tank and letting it vent does not count as AC! :lol:

I got one of the biggest Carrier window shakers ever made in my shop. Think it was built in the 70's It's about 2 tons! :banana-wrench:

Got a big A-- fan to blow the heat out of my back shop. :helmet:

IMG_2092.JPG.308c391081eaf347599e8f853299e3ea.JPG

IMG_2093.JPG.0a4a074f312d4a5a02b7ae7f7c2b0c6a.JPG

Edited by squonk
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 2
  • Haha 3

oldredrider

Oooooh! I want one of those!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

WHX??

Gotta chew yer butt Bob..... :kbutt:.You need those brackets I got five dozen hanging in the parts shed. Seems every tractor that came in had one on it and I just don't use them. Sides I mornin likely  owe you for stuff you gave me! :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

SylvanLakeWH
22 minutes ago, WHX24 said:

:kbutt:

I got five dozen hanging in the parts shed. Seems every tractor that came in had one on it and I just don't use them. 

Hhhmmm... Sounds like you gotta should change your name to WHBracketX60...:ychain:

Ain’t you ever heard of the classifieds here on RS? Or at least give them to @pullstart so he has something to put in his FEL... :thumbs:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Racinbob
1 hour ago, WHX24 said:

Gotta chew yer butt Bob..... :kbutt:.You need those brackets I got five dozen hanging in the parts shed. Seems every tractor that came in had one on it and I just don't use them. Sides I mornin likely  owe you for stuff you gave me! :)

I wish I knew that Jim. I appreciate it but I'm good to go now. Let's just call my post a plug for the quality of Lowell's goodies. :)

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

the classifieds here on RS?

Yah I should put them there Sylvia ...trouble is parts shed is about a cluster as @Achto s garage so that means I would have to clean it to get them out... :huh::lol:

• Haha 4

clueless
6 hours ago, squonk said:

Cracking open a refrigerant tank and letting it vent does not count as AC! :lol:

I got one of the biggest Carrier window shakers ever made in my shop. Think it was built in the 70's It's about 2 tons! :banana-wrench:

Got a big A-- fan to blow the heat out of my back shop. :helmet:

IMG_2092.JPG.308c391081eaf347599e8f853299e3ea.JPG

IMG_2093.JPG.0a4a074f312d4a5a02b7ae7f7c2b0c6a.JPG

My dad had one of those Carrier monsters back in the 70's, when it ran all day during dog days down here the monthly electrical bill was...:angry-screaming:. Mike that's more of a wall shaker than a window shaker. 

• Like 2
  • Heart 1

Lane Ranger

Yes Lowell makes pretty good stuff for Wheel Horses - no debate about it- and he does it in between a full time job, a family and a gnawing search for Wheel Horse tractors, attachments and collectibles!

C1F9439F-6662-433D-BB95-2EAE100732B6.jpeg

CCEA1D69-D5E9-4A5F-B45F-2835CD64153C.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 2

Tractorhead

Had today a bit a horrible Ride, 
whilst mowing sideway‘s a steep slope, the Pushrod collapses and snaps out of the Balljoint on the Steeringgear.

Luckily the steeringwheels centers me downhill and directed me directly straight the Way down the whole Hill.
No steering was possible, the steeringwheel turns freely without any control when this happens, 
and the Brake was not able to stop the Horse.

Luckily i have allway’s few Zipties on the Horse, so an emergency solution with 2 Zipties helped me to bring the Pushrod again in place and head back home.

Glad no crash was happen.

Time to fix that, grass grows fast this Day‘s with a lot of Rain.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Lee1977
34 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

Had today a bit a horrible Ride, 
whilst mowing sideway‘s a steep slope, the Pushrod collapses and snaps out of the Balljoint on the Steeringgear.

Luckily the steeringwheels centers me downhill and directed me directly straight the Way down the whole Hill.
No steering was possible, the steeringwheel turns freely without any control when this happens, 
and the Brake was not able to stop the Horse.

Luckily i have allway’s few Zipties on the Horse, so an emergency solution with 2 Zipties helped me to bring the Pushrod again in place and head back home.

Glad no crash was happen.

Time to fix that, grass grows fast this Day‘s with a lot of Rain.

Heims joints never heard of one wearing out as they are machined and not pressure clampet together. If it did you could see that it was as it is not hiden like a ball joint.

• Thanks 1

johnnymag3

Lee needs a hug....we all have had major issues....and nobody is excluded.    I think maybe with the quote...paste thing I got this all wrong...........TRACTORHEAD NEEDS A HUG!!!!     Sorry LEE

Hard to predict when something is going to fail....THANK THE LORD ABOVE......HE IS ALL GOOD !!!!

Sorry you had a bad day! But you are able to get back on and ride again !!!   YEEEEE  HAAAAA    :greetings-clappingyellow:

Edited by johnnymag3
  • Thanks 1

TonyToro
8 hours ago, Ralph S said:

I finished up a new stainless belt gaurd for the old Patiot.

20200710_082130.jpg

Nice work! That’s a really nice looking tractor!

are you still using the factory clutch set up? I noticed a step after the pulley area?

Tractorhead
50 minutes ago, Lee1977 said:

Heims joints never heard of one wearing out as they are machined and not pressure clampet together. If it did you could see that it was as it is not hiden like a ball joint.

I don‘t know if that are Heims joints what i have on the Frontaxle,

but its the same joint is on steering gear, that rips.

i will do tomorrow a pict of it, it seems to be worn out.

because i was in a hurry while possible rain forecast and later to save the broken horse i had no ipad with me.
later it was to dark here to take a useful Pict.

000CD7E5-6DBC-4EB4-BC76-614DBABB5292.jpeg.708dd6797a2751658bff8ebfea40843f.jpeg

• Like 4

Lee1977
13 minutes ago, Tractorhead said:

I don‘t know if that are Heims joints what i have on the Frontaxle,

but its the same joint is on steering gear, that rips.

i will do tomorrow a pict of it, it seems to be worn out.

because i was in a hurry while possible rain forecast and later to save the broken horse i had no ipad with me.
later it was to dark here to take a useful Pict.

000CD7E5-6DBC-4EB4-BC76-614DBABB5292.jpeg.708dd6797a2751658bff8ebfea40843f.jpeg

The two with the painted nuts and bushings have been used for thirty years. The other two are new with threaded 1/2" studs. I took two off my C120/180 so i would not have to drill out the steering triangle on my 520-H.. Then put the other two treaded 1/2" on the out side steering arms of my C-120/180.

SAM-1011.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1