Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

ebinmaine
3 minutes ago, Achto said:

steel

I'd recommend it.

• Like 2

danweikert21

I’m working on my exhaust and I want to put a vertical exhaust on it. Like the big farm tractors. Does anyone know how to do that and what parts I need. I’m new to this 

• Like 4

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

May want to contact @jimkemp. He does the stack mufflers...

• Like 3

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, Raider10danweikert said:

I’m working on my exhaust and I want to put a vertical exhaust on it. Like the big farm tractors. Does anyone know how to do that and what parts I need. I’m new to this 

Couple different ways that you could do it is to purchase a muffler for a Cub model 125. Run a horizontal with an elbow out of your engine and over to the pipe that goes into the muffler. That becomes your stack effectively.

Another way would be to contact a member of ours named Jim Kemp.

Jim makes little stack mufflers for these garden tractors and does a great job at it.

• Like 1

danweikert21
3 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Couple different ways that you could do it is to purchase a muffler for a Cub model 125. Run a horizontal with an elbow out of your engine and over to the pipe that goes into the muffler. That becomes your stack effectively.

Another way would be to contact a member of ours named Jim Kemp.

Jim makes little stack mufflers for these garden tractors and does a great job at it.

Yeah thank you I appreciate it. Like I said I don’t have much experience with this stuff so I don’t know what to look for when I’m buying parts I’ll take a look at Jim’s profile 

• Like 1

danweikert21

How do I find his profile 

ebinmaine
6 minutes ago, Raider10danweikert said:

Yeah thank you I appreciate it. Like I said I don’t have much experience with this stuff so I don’t know what to look for when I’m buying parts I’ll take a look at Jim’s profile 

I'm not actually sure how to find his profile. I do know how to send him a message but I'm not sure if that's his only contact. Possibly check the Vendors section and see if he's listed in there. If you want to see pictures of either of the two exhausts that I mentioned I could take a couple when I get home.

danweikert21

Sure that sounds good. thank you 

• Like 1

squonk
8 minutes ago, Raider10danweikert said:

How do I find his profile 

Just click on this blue @jimkemp icon. It takes you to his profile. Click message and type away! :occasion-xmas:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

danweikert21

thank you :)

• Like 1

Pullstart
37 minutes ago, danweikert21 said:

I like stacks!  Pipe fittings, some clamps, some support here and there and a good imagination... you’ll be stacked in no time!

95E28145-76D4-4050-8C2E-89C2652350EF.jpeg

• Like 3

danweikert21

Awesome like the tractors man 

Pullstart
10 minutes ago, danweikert21 said:

Awesome like the tractors man 

There’s a couple around here...

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 2

danweikert21

question, I need to remove the old muffler but it is rusted on. Two hex polts are holding it to the block I cant seem to get it loose could i use a torch to heat it up causing it to loosen?

Pullstart
14 minutes ago, danweikert21 said:

question, I need to remove the old muffler but it is rusted on. Two hex polts are holding it to the block I cant seem to get it loose could i use a torch to heat it up causing it to loosen?

could you share a picture of what you’re working with?  Maybe you could cut the pipe and slip a stack on and clamp it?

• Like 1

danweikert21

ex.jpg

Sam Pasch

Maybe this can help.

15898333850552069987867.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

danweikert21

yes thank you :) 

• Thanks 1

Sam Pasch

No problem.☺

ebinmaine
6 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

see pictures of either of the two exhausts that I mentioned I could take a couple when I get home

6 hours ago, danweikert21 said:

Sure that sounds good. thank you 

@danweikert21

Here's a few pics of the 2 I have.

Patriot Horse (Red, white and blue) is an 8 horse Kohler using the Cub muffler turned up to be a stack. I normally have a piece of chrome pipe on top like the other one.

IMG_20200518_192049353_BURST001.jpg.f6c588e8b9896ad472b59475e60a246e.jpg

IMG_20200518_192055149_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg.abae9a46d497d22a21e59b05ea56225b.jpg

Cinnamon Horse C160 has a @jimkemp custom on it with a piece of chrome bathroom floor drain pipe I cut/fit to add height and prettyfulness.

Note the bracket I fabbed for the Cinnamon exhaust. It's a fair amount of weight and vibration to be relying on the engine block alone.

IMG_20200518_192115304_BURST001.jpg.1952aa6435a05672ce8480ef72a5b931.jpg

IMG_20200518_192131811_BURST001.jpg.5db206b40f2901a70122140cc62af3b1.jpg

• Like 6

WHX??

Found out another one of our favorite tractor shows is cancelled.... got ticked off and went to the bar... sickel bar that is.... got the wobble box put together.... i think....now just to figure out how this pile of parts goes together. Thinkin this thing is gonna be a pita to put on a tractor so we all know what that means! :greetings-clappingyellow: Shus up ... she don't havta know it will fit on one we have...:lol:

20200518_173019.jpg

20200518_185110.jpg

Edited by WHX24
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Tractorhead
7 hours ago, Sam Pasch said:

Maybe this can help.

15898333850552069987867.jpg

Nice Cupholder also 👍 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Copper116

Well, after spending weeks getting it brought back to life and ready to mow, I trailered my C-101 up to our deer camp, planning on using it on a small food plot to keep the weeds down.  I had torn it down over the past weeks, after it had set for a year+. 

While riding it through the woods on a two track, I caught the deck on some heavy oak root and knocked it off it's carrier and breaking the spacers on the mower deck carriage.  After limping and dragging the mower and deck back to camp, I removed the deck and hauled it home for repairs.  Other than noticing a small oil leak from the valve cover, the tractor is running very well.  

Once I get the parts, I'll find another way of getting it to where it needs to go, hopefully without incident.  Maybe trailer it in if it'll fit down those paths.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
4 minutes ago, Copper116 said:

trailer

That was the first thought I had. Probably your best idea.

Adaptability is key sometimes.

• Like 1