Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

WHX??
On 5/9/2020 at 1:12 PM, squonk said:

Put the hubcaps on the 1467 Special using the "Wisconsiny" method! 

Works pretty slick don't it Mike! 

• Like 1

Flat Thunder Channel
On 5/10/2020 at 4:22 PM, 8ntruck said:

Ran into a snag on my receiver hitch project.  I got a piece of 2 1/2" by 1/4" thick square tubing for the receiver part of the hitch.  The I.D. of this tube is a tight fit for the hitch.  Hindsight being 20/20, I should have used 3/16" thick tubing.

I think I"'ll section the tube the long way, and re-weld it a little wider.  Will be good welding practice - which I need.

I use 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"  x 1/4" tube.  It seems to work well for projects at work.  You can purchase pre-made receiver tubes cheap.

This just a quick search example.  I think we buy ours cheaper from buyers.  https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200612679_200612679 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Flat Thunder Channel
10 hours ago, pullstart said:

@Flat Thunder Channel :text-welcomeconfetti:

there is a cable that runs from the middle of the tractor under the toolbox and seat but above the transmission.  Lowell @wheelhorseman at Www.Wheelhorsepartsandmore.com sells a high quality replacement.

The round hoods rock!

Awesome intro!  I felt like I was getting prepared for an action movie!  It was fun watching the whole family enjoy the little tractors together.  :)  Thanks for the link.  The only problem is now I want hundreds of dollars worth of parts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

johnnymag3

So I did a lot today ….Well at least I thought I did...

Took the 312 H apart for a random fuel issue. I took out the gas tank, fuel line....the Carb, and the exhaust . Muffler off for Glass beading, so I can paint it. I was having random popping issues, but the machine ran good with partial choke. Classic carb issues. I foundcondensate in the fuel, and nothing else. Im going to go through everything in the fuel system and replacing ALL OF IT !!!

312 fron no carb, no exhaust.jpg

312 fuel tank out 2.jpg

312 h fuel system redo.jpg

312 rear shot fuel tank out.jpg

• Like 7
  • Excellent 1

R. L. Addison

Had a "rollback" back up into my driveway today round about 1:15 this afternoon & drop off a red tractor,  (#T867 Sr.#370401) a sears disc, (altered a little bit to be used with Brinley hitch) cultivator, (6 shovel to fit WH slot hitch) & a jua kali dozer blade, & hitch supposedly off of Bolens but looks like it would fit A. C. too.

Going through it  to repair little things,,ign. coil wire, some welding needed on belt guard & battery box, got carb. cleaned (green moss growing in it?) & a few other things. Looks like it's been a pampered puppy & slept inside all its life (no rust) & other than choke/throttle cables seems in good original condition except seat.

Adding blade to tractor &deck to sell along with cultivator, disc & hitch.Got to get them ready, hopefully by late next week. Pictures hopefully by then. 

• Like 6

8ntruck
5 hours ago, Flat Thunder Channel said:

I use 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"  x 1/4" tube.  It seems to work well for projects at work.  You can purchase pre-made receiver tubes cheap.

This just a quick search example.  I think we buy ours cheaper from buyers.  https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200612679_200612679 

:text-welcomeconfetti:to the forum.  Lots of decent folks here.  And, the only dumb question is the one that you dom't ask.

I was surprised to discover that my Reese hitch seems to be a line to line fit in the piece of 2 1/2 by 2 1/2 by 1/4 tube.

I do know about the Northern Tool receivers.  But, being retired, I have more time on my hands now, so I decided to use some of that time to sharpen my fabrication skills and build my own.

• Like 2

Flat Thunder Channel

I am curious now so I will have to check....I understand it's always better to make your own.  It's custom that way.  My dad is making a hitch for his 520.  I showed him the one for sale online, but he wants his own custom variation.  If I didn't have so many n projects currently in the mix I might try my hand at making my own. Don't forget to share pictures of the final product! :)

• Like 1

8ntruck

I lugged the battery out of the basement and wheeled my 14-8 out of the shed.  Installed the battery, checked the fluids, checked that there was enough gas, and gave the grease zerks all a shot or three.  It cranked up and started just like it should.  We then spent about an hour running the lawn sweeper around the yard doing the first pass at spring clean up.  Ran like it should.

I did note a few items that need attention - missing bolt on the belt guard, some wear in the slider on the deck pick up rod that is causing it to tilt and lock up on the rod instead of sliding up to the adjustment nuts, finally getting around to finding a battery hold down, and chasing down the slow leak in the right rear tire.

20200511_180359.jpg

Flat Thunder Channel - I was planning on doing a progress thread when I start piecing this hitch together.  By the way, that is an interesting screen name.  Any sort of story behind it?

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 5

Flat Thunder Channel
17 hours ago, 8ntruck said:

Flat Thunder Channel - I was planning on doing a progress thread when I start piecing this hitch together.  By the way, that is an interesting screen name.  Any sort of story behind it?

8ntruck,  Yes, it is a long drawn out story involving a pickup truck I owned in high school.  I will give you the short version.  If I gain enough interest and followers I may record a more detailed video, for my YouTube channel,  explaining the truck /legend.  Dad helped find and purchase a Ford F150 for me when I was in school.  We purchased the truck on the cheap.  It required tons of work.  He helped design and build the custom flat bed body.  It turned out great and was a sweet 4x4 for me at 16 years old.  We always referred to the truck as the 'flat bed'.  During one of our family garage sales (several years after high school) one of our old neighbors said 'I see flat thunder is back'.  He referred to the truck as 'Flat Thunder' because it was a flat bed and noted how loud it was, 'you know it's loud like thunder.'  The nickname 'Flat Thunder' was born!  I used it as my YouTube handle because it is unique and relates closely to my life.  Thanks for sharing interest in my story!  :) 

*Note I still own this truck

• Like 2
  • Excellent 4

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, Flat Thunder Channel said:

story

That's cool.....

Maybe you've noticed ....

Us 5 years old folks really like pics!!!

Perhaps you could toss up a couple in the Vintage Trucks thread..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Flat Thunder Channel
9 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

That's cool.....

Maybe you've noticed ....

Us 5 years old folks really like pics!!!

Perhaps you could toss up a couple in the Vintage Trucks thread..

I will have to see if I can find some good pictures.....She's in rough shape and in dire need of a new cab.  We recently acquired a rust free cab earlier this year.  I hope to document the process when I get enough other projects out of the way.  I tend to acquire more projects than I can handle.  The truck itself has quite a story.  I sold it once and somehow it ended up back at my house!  :)   So many stories and memories from that old truck.  When the old cab comes off I might make a decoration or bar out of the pieces for the garage.  

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Lost.soul.collecter

Just put and new caberater on the 210-5 it back running and and posted it for sale and got a buyer today rescued out of a lawn mower shop before it went to the scrap yard20200510_143807.jpg.951628caa7451e8685a8223a6b9dd098.jpg

20200508_143648.jpg

20200509_141758.jpg

• Like 7

Tractorhead
2 minutes ago, Flat Thunder Channel said:

The truck itself has quite a story.  I sold it once and somehow it ended up back at my house!  :)   So many stories and memories from that old truck.  When the old cab comes off I might make a decoration or bar out of the pieces for the garage.  

I like it if Things have a History and come back.

I still missing my Chevy Blazer Suburban i have had for a short periode in early 90ies.

Not the fastes Car i ever had, but definitively the one with the best Accoustic.

3“ Pipes on exhaust spent a sonor Sound.

• Like 3
  • Heart 1

rjg854

The C-160 I pulled out of the hedgerow,  needs a new power plant :angry-banghead:  The PO told me he had put a new rod in it because he bought it with a blown engine. Supposedly that's all it needed, everything else was in good shape. Sunday I changed engine and transmission oil and filter.  Took it for a ride , got about 700 feet and  BANG.  So today I pulled the engine and waiting on the replacement.  Guess I shouldn't have changed the oil.20200512_174100.jpg.e777e5f08ae359abe6a2414bfd2380ea.jpg

20200512_174109.jpg.a281d9b1b72a7df6048bb5170e437533.jpg

Edited by rjg854
Add
  • Sad 9

8ntruck
1 hour ago, Flat Thunder Channel said:

8ntruck,  Yes, it is a long drawn out story involving a pickup truck I owned in high school.  I will give you the short version.  If I gain enough interest and followers I may record a more detailed video, for my YouTube channel,  explaining the truck /legend.  Dad helped find and purchase a Ford F150 for me when I was in school.  We purchased the truck on the cheap.  It required tons of work.  He helped design and build the custom flat bed body.  It turned out great and was a sweet 4x4 for me at 16 years old.  We always referred to the truck as the 'flat bed'.  During one of our family garage sales (several years after high school) one of our old neighbors said 'I see flat thunder is back'.  He referred to the truck as 'Flat Thunder' because it was a flat bed and noted how loud it was, 'you know it's loud like thunder.'  The nickname 'Flat Thunder' was born!  I used it as my YouTube handle because it is unique and relates closely to my life.  Thanks for sharing interest in my story!  :) 

*Note I still own this truck

Neat story.  Kind of similar to how my old truck got named.  I picked up a '72 Chevy long bed in the mid 90's.  Was a ranch truck out of Texas.  Solid, but with patina.  One of my kid's friends took to calling it the big nasty - and the name stuck.

Yup, I still have it.  Just over 200k miles on it, with even better patina.  I'm figuring on fixing the floors and freshening the interior and calling it good.

Edited by 8ntruck
  • Like 3
  • Excellent 1

8ntruck

I spent time today blowing the leaves out of most of the flower beds, then on the horse picking them up with the lawn sweeper.  Late in them afternoon, I moved a large rocking chair and ottoman down the hill to the lake house in the garden trailer.

I tried fitting my other hitch into the tubing for my receiver hitch project.  That one fit better, only hanging up on the upset weld bead on the ID of the receiver tube.  Looks like all I need to do is to remove the weld upset on the ID of a 6" long piece.

• Like 3

Pullstart
1 hour ago, 8ntruck said:

I spent time today blowing the leaves out of most of the flower beds, then on the horse picking them up with the lawn sweeper.  Late in them afternoon, I moved a large rocking chair and ottoman down the hill to the lake house in the garden trailer.

I tried fitting my other hitch into the tubing for my receiver hitch project.  That one fit better, only hanging up on the upset weld bead on the ID of the receiver tube.  Looks like all I need to do is to remove the weld upset on the ID of a 6" long piece.

good rough bastard file?

Pullstart

Rylee helped me disc the garden tonight.  I have this old industrial transformer for weight and it made a good chariot seat for Rylee.  We tugged it all with Jane the Commando 6 and even used the grader blade to knock down the high stuff.

A07BCF73-23E4-4944-A83F-2AB861108E32.jpeg

624D974B-ABFF-4C50-ACFD-2916F1A2AEB1.jpeg

DD50BEAD-FCB5-445B-BCC5-0205DCB40C65.jpeg

1A1E25EE-7834-4BF7-8B8B-51BE6D5DF270.jpeg

B84916A8-B951-40E1-8AC4-FBC0710A5E2D.jpeg

43F1E992-CFD6-43A0-8308-9A79D2D643C3.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

Pullstart

There was an influx in air traffic while we wrapped up..

D642B524-1664-4D2E-B005-E2D38591BF38.jpeg

21164369-D6CC-4725-8A90-9595042FC00C.jpeg

0E6F7315-D4C8-4B39-8B9F-975329D7A137.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

Yeah!  We’re busy!  No fun here!

Note my clown Rylee in the picture twice...

3CF574AD-AF40-425B-8657-F5E6D6F607F5.jpeg

CC88ABEB-C490-4170-8A3D-AB6BD4140F64.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Heart 1

8ntruck
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

good rough bastard file?

Yup.  That's where I was going to start. Fortunately, the file is longer than the receiver is going to be, so I'll be able file the whole length of the weld.  Probably going to be time consuming.

The hot ticket would be one of those air powered skinney belt sanders.

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

New air cleaner for the C-105 worker.

Quick & dirty front hitch for the WHrat WHrecker so I can move the trailers around without cranking my neck... Ain't pretty but used scraps and bolts on hand so free is good... In addition to just looking cool, this one is now my designated tow tug...

IMG_1276.JPG

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

Lost.soul.collecter
17 minutes ago, LandoCommando214 said:

Decals finally came in! (new guy here btw). Big thanks to www.redoyourhorse.com for the decal kit, and Lowell at wheelhorsepartsandmore.com for the hydraulic hoses and cylinder rebuild kit.  Started restoring this 1977 C-160 several weeks ago. I'll make a separate post with more pictures and challenges throughout the whole project, so this just a preview I guess. This is my first restoration, and I can't thank everyone on this forum enough for the help I've received. Thank you to everyone asking questions, and thank you to everyone answering. I can't believe the awesome community I've discovered here, just by picking up an old Wheel Horse rotting away in a barn! I no longer think this will be the first and last of my collection...

Anyways, here's a little before and after. Decals went on excellent today and I got to do a little cruising around the property.  

IMG_20200418_150250.jpg

IMG_20200418_150316.jpg

IMG_20200512_200936.jpg

Looks great wish I had it and I love them back tires great choice in my opinion 

• Like 1

Pullstart

@LandoCommando214 :text-welcomeconfetti: from another Michigan fella.  That machine deserves a resto thread!

• Like 1