Ed Kennell

What have you done to your Wheel Horse today?

Pullstart

Fat Bottom Girls!

love that Cinnamon EB!

• Thanks 1

D_Mac
2 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

I'll tell Trina. She's the one that built those.

Something tells me your wife dosnt make out a Honey Do List for you. She seems to have her own philosophy..... 

i-dont-have-a-honey-do-list-i-have-an-ill-freaking-do-it-myself-list-and-guess-what-it-gets-done--c142f.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart 2

ebinmaine
12 minutes ago, D_Mac said:

Something tells me your wife dosnt make out a Honey Do List for you. She seems to have her own philosophy..... 

i-dont-have-a-honey-do-list-i-have-an-ill-freaking-do-it-myself-list-and-guess-what-it-gets-done--c142f.png

100% correct

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

rjg854

@12Horse Paladin where's other 11 horses :ychain:

• Haha 4
  • Heart 1

12Horse Paladin
11 hours ago, rjg854 said:

@12Horse Paladin where's other 11 horses :ychain:

'Ssssshhh.... Daddy's working (onnit)...'

😅

A line stolen n paraphrased from, Boondock Saints II

Yer question isnt how i chose the name, lol...

But challange accepted.😉

EDIT: 

Technically i have 4/5 already, but they are either in use or grazing at the moment, at other locales, lol

Edited by 12Horse Paladin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart

@12Horse Paladin looks great!  I like the wall mount system for the decks, care to shed light on how you get ‘em in place to tie ‘em off?

• Like 1

Pullstart

Not what did I do to, but what I did for my Wheelhorses...

I ordered a can of Berryman’s Chem Dip with the basket y’all praise so much.  I have a carb that is very gummy but tight that will be dipped, along with a couple that need bushings.  I’ve never done much more than parts clean and brake clean carbs, but feel like it’s one more thing that I could benefit from.

B572A9B1-E89F-49FE-9C5F-022E493B663D.jpeg

• Like 5

12Horse Paladin
2 hours ago, pullstart said:

@12Horse Paladin looks great!  I like the wall mount system for the decks, care to shed light on how you get ‘em in place to tie ‘em off?

Sure, but not much to tell...the one up high, i had help with. 

The rest down low, i did mself; dont have help.

Just position where i wantem between the studs n go from there, one screw @ a time, one 'hanger @ a time (just paracord or rope doubled up).

The bottom decks are just resting on their center rollers, but the way i hung them, most of the stress is on the ropes, best i could.

Takes longern it has too, n is a pain, but helps with space, n i do tend to get things done, somehow.😉

Thanks for noticing/the interest, n asking!😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
43 minutes ago, pullstart said:

Chem Dip

Best luck I've had is to disassemble as much as possible. Soak carb for 24 or 48 hours. Remove it and scrub all the big stuff off.

Repeat that.

Then a couple cans of brake clean through all the galleys and such.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

FAST

Picked up a rototiller this morning. I need to level my front yard after installing city water last year. Now I need to get the parts to mount it to my tractor. And the belt and pulleys that you need to run it.  If you have them or can point me in the right direction message me please.

AD4B1E59-1965-4559-A63B-D63CE9F75962.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

Stormin

The blades on my 42" rear discharge deck are well past their sell by date. They've done a lot of work over the years and not on ideal  ground.  Blunt and worn is an understatement and the deck when mowing has got rather noisy. Bearings are ok so suspect blades out of balance.

So yesterday I checked over a 32" deck I acquired last year. This is a Torro one. No play in the bearings so they got five shots of grease. . Blades just needed a tickle.

Popped it on the C-125 with a new belt, started the engine and engaged the PTO. Though the blades spun ok, something just did not seem right. Not as fast as I thought they should for the engine revs. Stopping the engine I felt the PTO. It felt warmish. I guessed slipping a bit so I adjusted the pressure.

Runs great now and I tested it out on one of the lane verges. Cuts much better than the 42" deck, which wasn't really surprising given the state of the blades. 3rd low instead of 2nd or 1st and at less revs also.  

I'll get new blades for the 42" one day.

• Like 2

Pullstart
11 minutes ago, FAST said:

Picked up a rototiller this morning. I need to level my front yard after installing city water last year. Now I need to get the parts to mount it to my tractor. And the belt and pulleys that you need to run it.  If you have them or can point me in the right direction message me please.

AD4B1E59-1965-4559-A63B-D63CE9F75962.jpeg

I may have a spare tiller mount / plow mount.  Wish we knew about your needs when you were here last!  Let me look if you’re interested in another drive...

• Like 1

WHX??

Yes you will need the axle bracket and a mule drive that bolts up under the pto. Also the tractor will have to have rear rockshaft to pick it up. Get the manual for it will tell all. They are a beast. Someday I need to find a dedicated tractor to mount mine back on. 

33 minutes ago, Stormin said:

blades on my 42" rear discharge deck are well past their sell by date.

Good one Norm!  :lol:

Sorry Kev been at least a week since I brought this up so your overdue.... :laughing-rolling:

1 hour ago, pullstart said:

but what I did for my Wheelhorses…bought them some kind of bathing product..... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Pullstart

Now why would I get something better than my rednecked poor man’s sprayer washer?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, WHX24 said:

Someday I need to find a dedicated tractor to mount mine

Now whahtt in tarnation?!

You telling us you can't find something in that fleet of 25 or 30 little red tractors to keep a tiller on ..... isn't that kind of like going to a Ferrari dealer and asking them if they have a car that will go fast?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Heart 1

Pullstart

He probably told Cindy that he needs a tiller tractor and somehow convinced her that he’s right for once!

• Haha 4

ebinmaine
Just now, pullstart said:

He probably told Cindy that he needs a tiller tractor and somehow convinced her that he’s right for once!

That's true. He's right.

You know what?

I think that is full justification to go get another one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WHX??
32 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

fleet of 25 or 30 little red tractors to keep a tiller on

Um ahhh welll the only tractors I have it will fit is a C145 which is up north and a dedicated mower and a couple of 520s which are snow machines....and all hydros and they say you have to have a gear jammer for tillers... so I need to find a 300-8 series that was used by a little old lady every other Sunday! So praise the Lord and pass the rear rockshafts…. Hey I don't make up these rules! She says anything I tell her to go start the bhind tiller! 

• Haha 3

ebinmaine

That all sounds fair to me.

johnnymag3

Worked on Covid, the newest acquisition..310-8...one owner...……..trying to do what the Media is beating into our heads. Unsure of the whole mask, no touch, but they hand food to me with contaminated gloves   ETC.

I tore her it apart only to find a nightmare wiring cob job. I started to disassemble the entire tractor and and tear apart the horrible wire harness. Im not sure what the original owner was thinking when he tried to SPLICE IN various items. The Volt meter with a light had positive wires running to both sides of everything! no ground anywhere. the entire thing was toast. On my way to making a color correct / gauge correct harness that is ran in the proper locations. This machine is so nice, I cannot leave it the way it is...…..Stay safe everyone...… Keep Horsin around !!!!

john659573305_310-8wiremess.jpg.dcc99a44f4c6faf2693eb4d2b768cb88.jpg1109299924_310-8apartforwires.jpg.8e0785efc6427eceaed683801c994321.jpg2021260110_310-8wiremess.jpg.ac4a4975e68ded821b94047d6d8202c6.jpg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

johnnymag3

Is Covid a proper name for a machine I acquired two weeks ago? Or should I name it something more politically correct?

1375950380_310-8rside.jpg.442e06e19cd2e7befae835ebc9125c09.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5