Vintage Trucks

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, 87 416-8 horse said:

300 6 4spd manual

Absolute favorite truck right there!

Bull nose too!

• Like 2

Pullstart

I found a picture of my first hot rod today.  This was an ‘87 or so Regular cab short box S10, with a 350 v8 and 700R4 transmission.  I welded the rear spider gears (Lincoln Locker) and had a Predator carburetor on it.  It was a single barrel HUGE square carb with a massive butterfly.  It was basically all or nothing.  It would idle ok and run W.O.T. And not much in between.

At one point, I milled my own header flanges and built zoomies about 16” long 1-7/8” tube straight out the fenders.  Loud?  Whatchu talkin’ bout Willis?  :lol:

55971BC6-ACB7-46A1-B6D5-266931F4ADCD.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

19richie66

Never didnI ever think a truck built in the 90’s would be a classic but here we are. Recently I bought this off my best friend back in Florida. It was his uncle’s truck. He bought it when his uncle passed. I got it last November and brought it home to NC. Tidying up a few things and getting it drivable(to my liking anyways). Hope to be cruising it soon. Pretty much all original and most of the mods I do will be with factory option parts for these trucks. Electric sport mirrors, newer sound system, the Tahoe limited wheels(I just got) and a couple other things. I really like these year trucks. 

IMG_4426.jpeg

IMG_4429.jpeg

IMG_4490.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Excellent 3

wallfish
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

Never didnI ever think a truck built in the 90’s would be a classic but here we are.

Ha, the first and only brand new car I ever bought was in 1988, an 89 Chev truck short bed and 4x4. Loved that truck and it could climb off road hills like nobody's business. Unfortunately it got T-boned down in LI NY and the passenger side was crushed in at the door. Drove it home back to MA with my friend practically sitting on my lap and it took forever riding the granny lane doing about 40 mph. Even that speed was scary and dangerous but I was like 23-24 yo and didn't know any better. Plus no money to pay for that kind of a tow!

When I drove to the insurance adjuster, the first thing he said was I couldn't have the tow truck drop it off there! He was all upset.  He couldn't believe I drove it 10 miles to get it there let alone the 200 miles from LI. LOL Stared at me shaking his head as I drove out the parking lot to go back home! Good times

• Haha 5

rjg854

That does sound like something you would do  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

PeacemakerJack
15 hours ago, Pullstart said:

I found a picture of my first hot rod today.  This was an ‘87 or so Regular cab short box S10, with a 350 v8 and 700R4 transmission…

55971BC6-ACB7-46A1-B6D5-266931F4ADCD.jpeg

It is fascinating to see what a group of followers those trucks now have.  The old “square body S-10 series” are growing in desirability once again.  In the late 90’s I knew multiple people that owned them—some stock and some hot modded! Cool little trucks for sure!

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

PeacemakerJack
1 hour ago, 19richie66 said:

IMG_4490.jpeg

That is a cool truck Richie! Time and age sure is relative.  Think about this fact-that truck is what early 1990’s? When it was new a similarly aged truck would be this one…

IMG_0720.jpeg.e50c388c10115bc25d1c66c89f96566c.jpeg

If that don’t make us feel old!!! If you look back at the first post I wrote to start this thread, I related to story on how one of my sons buddies commented on my “classic Chevy pickup”🤔👀😅 and that was my 1995! I had to chuckle when Caleb relayed his comments to me! But age is indeed relative!  Can’t wait to visit you again Richie and go for a cruise in that thing😎🙌🏻

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart
6 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

It is fascinating to see what a group of followers those trucks now have.  The old “square body S-10 series” are growing in desirability once again.  In the late 90’s I knew multiple people that owned them—some stock and some hot modded! Cool little trucks for sure!

Cruising the ‘69 C10, I often get the “I grew up riding in one of those” hollers and looks.  My mom had an S10 Blazer, but even before that I’ve always loved these trucks.  It was my dream to have one for my first vehicle, and it didn’t happen that way.  I had a 2.8l V6 2wd for a while, and this 350 one.  They were fun, but my heart was in the 4x4s.  I never did get one :lol:.  I get the itch to get Mrs, P’s 84 305 truck out quite often, it deserves more than sitting in the barn with flat tires!

• Like 3