Steve_O

Gear Oil level in 2 stage blower gearbox.

bc.gold

Look like your brass crown gear on that snow blower is an economical replacement compared to the Kubota blower that I had at $1600.00 for a replacment, your gear is keyed to the shaft while the one I had was formed onto the hub as an integral part.

Powdered metallurgy makes it impossible to just replace the gear when it becomes part of the shaft. Double meaning.

What brand is your snow blower, thanks.

gear.png

Edited by bcgold

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, bcgold said:

Powdered metallurgy makes it impossible to just replace the gear when it becomes part of the shaft. Double meaning.

What brand is your snow blower, thanks.

gear.png

These 2stage blowers are TORO brand, they use the same Peerless gearboxes used on smaller self propelled units, the parts kit is still more than most of us have paid for the blower itself though not $1600 OUCH,...which Kubota unit did that come out of as I just purchased a like new low hour 50" unit (BX2750D as well as 60" plow) to retrofit to my Mahindra eMax, Jeff.

IMAG5440.jpg

IMAG5441.jpg

WVHillbilly520H
8 hours ago, Kurt-NEPA said:

I didn't use the end bolts.

Jim, I used cap screws just to keep everything aligned while I drilled the new holes for the 3 bolt flanges, then with a bit if RVT I threaded some "set screws" in the end of the auger shaft just to keep the threads viable if by chance I went back to bone stock original.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 2

Achto

:ROTF:  You guys & your snow blowers.:ROTF:

With all the rain that we've been getting, then add in a frozen sump pump line. Well...:eusa-think:...what I really need is a trash pump for the front of my tractor so I can bail the water out of my basement.:lol:

Much more rain & they'll be closing @WHX21's bridge again. Then he'll be stuck taking the long road to town.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

WHX??
1 hour ago, Achto said:

You guys & your snow blowers

Hey ...keeps us outta the tavern and in the shop fridge where we belong! :laughing-rolling:

• Haha 2

bc.gold
6 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

These 2stage blowers are TORO brand, they use the same Peerless gearboxes used on smaller self propelled units, the parts kit is still more than most of us have paid for the blower itself though not $1600 OUCH,...which Kubota unit did that come out of as I just purchased a like new low hour 50" unit (BX2750D as well as 60" plow) to retrofit to my Mahindra eMax, Jeff.

IMAG5440.jpg

IMAG5441.jpg

Dont remeber the model, it was a front mount that came off a 4x4 Kubota tractor that the owner sold. I converted it to a three point hitch for my Grey Market Kubota.

From the parts diagram it looks like someone in engineering got a wake up call.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=2ahUKEwiUhqy-x97fAhUn7IMKHbLaAFQQFjAAegQIChAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kubotabooks.com%2FAutoIndex%2Findex.php%3Fdir%3DSnowblowers%2F%26file%3DBX2750D%20OWNERS%20MANUAL.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0ljxJAuE6dFWb6WYD4Ya0V

worm.png

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
42 minutes ago, bcgold said:

Dont remeber the model, it was a front mount that came off a 4x4 Kubota tractor that the owner sold. I converted it to a three point hitch for my Grey Market Kubota.

From the parts diagram it looks like someone in engineering got a wake up call.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=2ahUKEwiUhqy-x97fAhUn7IMKHbLaAFQQFjAAegQIChAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kubotabooks.com%2FAutoIndex%2Findex.php%3Fdir%3DSnowblowers%2F%26file%3DBX2750D%20OWNERS%20MANUAL.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0ljxJAuE6dFWb6WYD4Ya0V

worm.png

Thanks for the files, and I intend for this to be a front mount on the same quick hitch/subframe as the snow/dozer blade just like the B3200 it came off of...

Screenshot_20181212-120721.png

WVHillbilly520H

@WHX21, Jim now don't forget the most important part of revamping the deuce...extra lighting for those foggy snow moving mornings :ROTF:

Screenshot_20190108-180149.png