Docwheelhorse

Another one pulled out of crusher...

Notfishin

good find 

Wishin4a416

Nice save!!!!

woodchuckfarmer

The wheels are not even rusty. Give a good buffing, a seat  and it will look like a new tractor,  Nice save.       Wayne

Red144runner

Nice 4-14.  Magnum 14hp, 8speed and likely the bigger axles

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Score.

Glenn

JAinVA

Worth $100.00 all day long.Great score!JAinVA

mrc

what a shame someone thru that away. glad you saved it!  mike in mass.

Retired Wrencher

Good Save Tony. Looks like a good winter project.

Tony I remember one time  I had a C141 with a butcher job on wiring. I just redid the hole thing with new wire and Got rid of all pain in the A>> safety switches. :D Enjoy the project.

ohiofarmer

In a way, that is what i did with a big twin 26 HP modern Briggs engine. PO had wired a solenoid and grounded the hot wire. When I got it, someone had cut the battery cable and I assume that it was done in an emergency as the kill wires to the coils were on fire. Of course the coils were both smoked. I never replaced those wires, so the annoying feature of not being able to back up the tractor with the blades spinning was gone. The only safety wire that remains is not being able to start the engine with the electric clutch/ blades in gear, because that wires to the starter solenoid, but that is a good thing.

The shop that cut the battery cable wanted to give him $30 for the whole tractor or $800 to fix it. i did some bearing repair to the deck and new coils and belts for about a hundred and a bit of body work on the hood and painted that repair Wheel Horse Red. Good thing those coils were dead, because the mouse nests around them would have killed that engine in short order

Of course you may wonder how to shut the thing off with the key with no kill to the coils, but this engine also has a gas shut off anti-backfire solenoid to the carb fuel supply

stevasaurus

While looking at your pictures, it reminded me of the "Cruelty to dogs and pet commercials" that we see on TV.  It puts tears in your eyes and saddens your heart to see it.  This one was lucky, but it makes you wonder how many are not.  Nice save Tony.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 8

Retired Wrencher
18 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

While looking at your pictures, it reminded me of the "Cruelty to dogs and pet commercials" that we see on TV.  It puts tears in your eyes and saddens your heart to see it.  This one was lucky, but it makes you wonder how many are not.  Nice save Tony.  :occasion-xmas:

Tony I remember one time  I had a C141 with a butcher job on wiring. I just redid the hole thing with new wire and Got rid of all pain in the A>> safety switches. :D Enjoy the project. well said Steve.

chip61

except for the missing seat, that looks as good or better than a couple of mine!!! Good save

• Like 1

WHX??

Just saw this thread. .....thanks for saving Doc...even if it's not a project good parts for others. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Docwheelhorse

Hello all and thanks everybody for the comments. Looked at it close...while not ultimately "fatal" it is rough. Havent decided what to do---heres the short list

Coil wire cut off, complete air filter and magnum cover mia, both battery cables cut off to get battery off quick for scrap, choke cable frozen, steering wheel bent, gas tank half full of the nastiest crud and rust....

Etc... etc... may pull motor to re-power a clean C roller I have and may pull transaxle to put in very clean running 312 with completly destroyed transaxle.

We will see

Tony

• Like 2

WHX??

Understandable.....That's probably what I would do Tony, save what you can use for other projects, try and get a even a litte of your franklin back and make some friends &  others happy with parts along the way. Be abit of a project to resto, more than what I would care to bite off, at this point. 

Terry M

Nice Save!!!!  👍