cschannuth

FEL Build for 520

Nice work!  Pat yourself on the back for painting it before using. 

I finished mine and decided to move the giant load of mulch before taking it off and painting it, since the mulch had been sitting waiting for me to finish. 

So far I have moved roughly 70 yards of material, and it still isn't painted.  Someday I will find the time to take it back off, clean it and paint it. The funny part is the only rust is on the welds. Whatever that coating on the steel is protects it fairly well.

• Thanks 1

Nice 520 FEL and P71.  For a split second I thought it was a Marauder.  Is the P71 your tow rig?

• Thanks 1

To clean those internal threaded holes - go hunt down some plumbing brushes, they work excellent and will drag any debris right out. Seems those are a bit stiffer and tougher than most and come in several pipe sizes.

Sarge

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bds1984 said:

Nice 520 FEL and P71.  For a split second I thought it was a Marauder.  Is the P71 your tow rig?

I’ve always wanted a Marauder and my son found this on a purple wave auction site.  It was a detective car in a suburb of Kansas City and had all of the scheduled service done and the records to prove it so it is a very solid car.  Other than the holes for antennas and all the holes inside from the police equipment being removed it looks pretty nice, especially at a distance. I had the Mustang tires and wheels so I put those on there and it does have a Marauder feel to it. We just use the car as our grocery getter and for some trips  to keep the miles off of my wife’s vehicle.  

1 minute ago, Sarge said:

To clean those internal threaded holes - go hunt down some plumbing brushes, they work excellent and will drag any debris right out. Seems those are a bit stiffer and tougher than most and come in several pipe sizes.

Sarge

Thanks, Sarge. That’s a great idea and I already have plumbing brushes. 

You're welcome, enjoyed the FEL build thread - nice job, btw.

I do a lot of mechanical/welding repairs here, those brushes are a life saver. I need to pick up some of that thread sealant myself, my old bottles are no good from sitting too long and I need to get the new temperature gauge sending unit into the D's hydraulic pump. 

Sarge

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cschannuth said:

I’ve always wanted a Marauder and my son found this on a purple wave auction site.  It was a detective car in a suburb of Kansas City and had all of the scheduled service done and the records to prove it so it is a very solid car.  Other than the holes for antennas and all the holes inside from the police equipment being removed it looks pretty nice, especially at a distance. I had the Mustang tires and wheels so I put those on there and it does have a Marauder feel to it. We just use the car as our grocery getter and for some trips  to keep the miles off of my wife’s vehicle.  

I would like a Marauder as well.  I have a 2005 CV LX Sport with 2008 Mustang GT wheels on it.  It is pretty much a Marauder (interior, color, and sound) but with a few less HP and has been the most reliable car I have ever owned.  Here is a pic from 2010.

CVLXSPORT.jpg

• Excellent 1

3 minutes ago, bds1984 said:

I would like a Marauder as well.  I have a 2005 CV LX Sport with 2008 Mustang GT wheels on it.  It is pretty much a Marauder (interior, color, and sound) but with a few less HP and has been the most reliable car I have ever owned.  Here is a pic from 2010.

CVLXSPORT.jpg

I love that car. They are a lot of fun to drive and handle more like a sports car than you would imagine. 

Nice build. What are the dimensions and gauge metal of your bucket?

On 10/11/2018 at 8:58 AM, Walnut said:

Nice build. What are the dimensions and gauge metal of your bucket?

Did you get the information I sent you?