Sign in to follow this  
Buzz

Ol' Smokey rides again

Buzz

As many of you know, my beloved 856, Ol' Smokey, died a couple of weeks ago. :thumbs: I finally had a day off work last Thursday and a warm winter day so I decided it was time to get busy with some organ transplants. I had bought an 855 at the show last year with a good engine so started swapping parts around. Both tractors had some pieces that were in better shape than the other one. Here's what I used to make 1 complete tractor.

The 856:

frame, hood stand, footrests, linkages, front axle and spindles, hood, seat, belt guard, steering wheel, cigar lighter

The 855: engine, transmission, all four wheels and tires, seat pan, dash, wiring harness, gas tank, choke and throttle cables

Put it all togrther and it runs sweet, and no smoke. :whistle: I'll probably have to change her name. It is still an 856, says so on the ID tag and the belt guard. :whistle:

I would have loved to have done like Eldon and totally restored her but she's a working tractor and probably won't ever go to the big dance. Another reason I didn't was that I was pressed for time, don't have a really great work area, and the main reason......... not that talented. :dunno:

Sarge

Great, glad to hear it's back up and breathing again . Take your time, download the manual and rebuild that original engine - it's not all that bad .

Sarge

Rollerman

Take your time, download the manual and rebuild that original engine

Giveing Buzz a tip to download a manual...thats kinda funny. :whistle:

Sarge...Buzz is one of the first to help some one out by offering a link with a manual download. :thumbs:

Buzz glad to hear you got Ol' Smokey 855/6 going. :whistle:

Teddy da Bear

Buzz.....you have to name it Lazarus.

He was brought back from the grave by a miracle.

Glad it's back from the grave.....I can take that

black arm band off now...lol

Kelly

Glad to here you got it going, some tractors are born to be worker the rest of there lives, I have a couple that way, I kinda like the look of them rusty and beat.

Suburban 550

Buzz, Good to hear Ol' Smokey is up and running again. :thumbs:

kj4kicks

That's great news Buzz. Glad that neither one put up a fight for the exchange. Always nice to have another worker back in the picture. :thumbs:

pond195520032003

Buzz, glad to hear you gave the ole gal another chance :thumbs:

CasualObserver

Another one gets its card! Nice job Buzz.

whdonorcard.JPG