USHorse

Woodruff axle key

So simple....yet so complicated.  Ordered a woodruff key for my 310-8 (assuming 21-10K804).  It has the 1- inch axle.  The WH parts list says 937108 which I ordered and is way oversized.  Measures 1/2" x 1 3/8.  Anybody have the right part number?  

That is the correct part number. Are you sure there aren't two keys stuck together?

Any good hardware store ie. ACE, True Value, TSC,  carries a selection of woodruff keys.

• Like 2

937108 is a Woodruff #22 - 1/4" x 1-3/8"

937097 is a Woodruff #15 - 1/4" x 1"

If you are looking at an online parts list look farther down the list for the same item number listed again. The one I looked at they are both item 21

http://www.partstree.com/parts/toro/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/21-10k804-310-8-toro-310-8-garden-tractor-1987/wheels-and-tires/

Garry

• Like 1

Every time I went some where to get a woodruff Horse I ALWAYS came home with every one but the one I needed. Ebay or Amazon  woodruff and you'll find those nifty kits with all sizes in a nice little box for the shelf.

9 minutes ago, gwest_ca said:

937108 is a Woodruff #22 - 1/4" x 1-3/8"

937097 is a Woodruff #15 - 1/4" x 1"

If you are looking at an online parts list look farther down the list for the same item number listed again. The one I looked at they are both item 21

http://www.partstree.com/parts/toro/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/21-10k804-310-8-toro-310-8-garden-tractor-1987/wheels-and-tires/

Garry

I just measured the broken one I took out...seems to be a good match for the 937097 number..  Shame on me for not scrolling down farther on the parts list.  Tx!!!##

• Like 1

That is the trouble with online parts lists. If you look at the engine page you will see that parts list covers 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 and 18 horse power models.

The higher hp models will use a transmission with 1-1/8" axles and the larger key. Problem is they don't make that distinction.

There is nothing better than an original parts list where the models are stated.

Garry

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1