Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Wheel Horse D-200 with attachments for sale!
A Wheel Horse D-200 fitted with all the options including a clevis hitch pinned to the transmission with a three-point hitch! This unit does run, but I haven’t used it in a few years. I was going to refurbish it, but never got around to it. Great for anyone handy, a collector or someone looking for a refurb project. With some TLC, it can be a not-so-pretty work tractor for you now. This unit comes with the disk and plow attachments. Details are: 1-0630 1974 D Series Garden Tractor D-200 Automatic Kohler K532-53105A 20 Sundstrand 90-1137
Thanks for looking - not interested in parting out, will sell as is. I also have a replacement hood for the tractor that comes with it.
By Petes Horse
Getting my mess of a d160 rebuilt and found the source of play in my steering.
This may also explain the oddball rim.
Bottom race. Or is it races now?
-----------------------If you don't like modded OEM parts go no further, there be carnage ahead!----------------------------------------
So I went on a hunt for a replacement. Wow those are expensive. No standard bearings even close.
Turns out 3/4 x 1-3/8 x 1/2 wheel bearings fit perfect because of their flange. Well almost. The ID is a little off.
Adjustment needed. I already ground the lip off. I believe the lips were to hold the bearings for assembly.
The flange of the bearing sits nicely in the adjustment cup.
Looking down into the cup with bearing in it. Flange side down.
Worm alignment with sealed bearing in cup on left. Same as new.
The cotter pin hole doesn't line up but there is enough room to drill a new one.
End view with bearing installed.
To install both top and bottom bearings you have to grind or turn a good portion of the shaft and the lip on the other side.
It's only .030 so not to bad.
Both bearings installed. Fit nicely against the shoulder of the race on the worm.
Worm alignment with both bearings installed. Old outer races removed. tightened snug. Still has full travel and is more centered.
No way to install cotter pin. but my alignment cup was so tight it will not come loose. I'm lucky I got it out.
End cap with both bearings installed.
Hi-tech cap removal tool one ground down wood bit.
The sealed bearings sit up against the shoulder of the race and the bearing flanges face away from the worm.
The flange may need adjusting depending on who made it. There is no inner seal so it can be greased like usual.
I'm not sure how they will hold up to thrust loads but for 6 bucks I'll risk it.
I didn't grind near the original races at all so it can be put back to original if need be, minus some metal anyway.
Welp, back to painting parts.......
I have a d200 that has one brake peddle and it does nothing. I was told it was a parking brake and I was better off leaving it that way since if something on the inside broke it could mess up my transmission, The linkage is connected but I haven't a clue as to why it isn't doing something. But taking it one more step I saw where the d200 also came out with a dual brake sys. and would like to know if I could economically convert mine and a recommended site as to where to get the needed parts.P.S. This is a working tractor that is in use. Not a show tractor. I would at some point be interested in putting a loader on it as well. Please for conveyance if you don't mind send me a response by e-mail email@example.com