Kelly

Is this a Wheel horse cultivator???

Kelly

I have a chance to buy this cultivator from a guy, this is the pic he sent me, I'm not sure it is WH. maybe for a RJ/suburban??? any help would be great, if it is WH what would be a good price??

cultivator.jpg

• Like 1

TT

Positively WH, Kelly.

I believe it would be a 1961 AC-7, but will probably stand corrected shortly. :thumbs:

Kelly

Thanks TT are they hard to come by? I've never seen one, but I've not seen a lot of things.

TT

I would say one in that condition (and the fact that it's complete) would be tough to find.

I can't say that I've seen many of them over the years, but then again, I haven't really been looking. :whistle:

Perhaps if you tell the seller that they sold for under $40 when they were new, he will cut you a break on the price. :thumbs: :whistle:

Kelly

he's asking me to make a offer, I was thinking $50 I really don't need it, but if the price is right.

jusjeepn

Kelly, I went through my manuals and this looks ALMOST identical to the AC-6 cultivator. Only difference I see is the rear breaks over behind the wheels. In the manual, it shows the wheels in the rear position and the frame does not break over.

Manualpic.jpg

pond195520032003

Kelly, TT, I have a manual of an AC-6 and its different that that one! also have a 1964 brochure that shows the AC-7 and they look like the brinly framing :whistle: it still might be a wheel horse cultivator :thumbs: look in the photo gallery as i believe i posted the 2 that i have and see if they look like it :whistle: anyway maybe you can get it at a reasonable price :dunno:

mcwh1950

I have a chance to buy this cultivator from a guy, this is the pic he sent me, I'm not sure it is WH. maybe for a RJ/suburban??? any help would be great, if it is WH what would be a good price??

cultivator.jpg

kelly i didn't know if it is a ac-7. but here is a better picture of the ac-6

hitch2.gif

i also see that the ac-6 use u-bolt on the shovel cult and three rail

Teddy da Bear

Looks like the real deal....only p.o. altered it slightly.

Perhaps to suit a specific need in the garden.

Eriks Red horse herd

Kelly looking at your picture it apears to be an early AC-6. Notice in your picture that the frame or beams are solid, not like the manual of the AC-6 a later vesion that has the u chanel and u bolts to hold on the cultivator shafts and teeth. Yours uses the U clamps and bolt. The AC-6 was introduced in 1954 and lasted to 1959. one more thing is the beams are bent in the back. I saw on a walk behind Wheel Horse at a farm show down in Ohio, I belive it was a 1955-56 wailk behind had bent cultivators like that. Some thing to think about that it might be for a walk away?

mcwh1950

cultivator.jpg

kelly here are some picture of a mauals for the ac-7

100_2344-1.jpg

100_2348.jpg

hope this help a litter

evanloock

That is not a Wheel Horse cultivator. The early ones used for the RJ and Walk-Away had straight arms and a cast iron wheel that allowed one to change the spacing of the cultivator arms. Additionally, none of the Wheel Horse cultivators had a hitch arm that long.

Workin_Horses

based on the pictures of model 7-1711 it looks like that could be it but it does appear modified. Looks like the wheel have been moved and the hitch arm has been moved forward.

Just my thoughts.

Eriks Red horse herd

Kelly I've gone through all my resource books and brochures of just about any maker I have. I no there is hundred or more different manufactures of lawn & garden but of the 75 or more I have nothing comes close to the cultivator you have shown. In my opinon it sure comes real close to the AC-6 shown in a early RJ-58 brochure, onthe back. The picture shown has the tongue pushed back and the cast iron adjustment wheel on the tongue. Remember the late Walk away tractors used the slot hitch assembly just as the early RJ's did. If you look at the book "Staight from the horse's mouth" pg. 43 shows the Walk-Away Deluxe with culivator notice the end towards the back is bent like yours the only difference is it carries a soild cross member. Your picture also has the tongue pulld forward and if you look close it has been welded. I'm still gravitateing towards wheel horse that has been modified to meet what the last owners need!

Kelly

I'm going to pick up a mighty mac shreader from him sun, :thumbs: I've wanted one for a while now, I have a nice Cub cadet shreader that I was going to convert, but now I'm going to sell the cub one. he wants $75 for the cultivator, I'm going to pass, but if anyone wants it, I can hook you up with the guy, he's in central IN, so if your in MI. I can bring it back for you, at least to my house, maybe yours never know.

Jim_M

I'm going to pick up a mighty mac shreader from him sun, :thumbs: I've wanted one for a while now, I have a nice Cub cadet shreader that I was going to convert, but now I'm going to sell the cub one. he wants $75 for the cultivator, I'm going to pass, but if anyone wants it, I can hook you up with the guy, he's in central IN, so if your in MI. I can bring it back for you, at least to my house, maybe yours never know.

Kelly,

If he'll take $65.00 for it, I'll take it.

If you could stop by with it on Sunday I would pay you back. I'm about 1 1/2 miles from 69 and 24 or 69 and 14, so it's right on your way home (sort of).

I have a project in mind that this would work well for.

Jim

mailman

Yep, worth 65 to me too. Just the logistics that cause a prob. Location, location, location :thumbs:

Kelly

Jim send me more info on where you are, I'll drop it off, on my way home, I'm going to Logansport,IN. yes I'm going right though Ft.Wayne on I-69 and taking 24 there, I'm guessing about noon, on my way back by you.

Jim_M

I sent you a PM.

sorekiwi

Jim, be very careful if Kelly's coming to your house - you'll start thinking of all the other stuff you need, and chances are that Kelly's got a couple of each of them, and before you know it your shop will be full again! :thumbs:

Kelly

I was hoping Jim would have a shop full of stuff for me to look at, and bring home :thumbs:

jusjeepn

You'll be just 45min. west of me there in Logansport! P/M sent

sorekiwi

Gotta make sure that Indiana gains more Horse stuff than it loses here!!

Duckthumper

I found this thread doing research on a AC-7 replica I was doing, but I also have this exact Cultivator.  So I no longer believe this is a modified AC-6.  Has anyone ever found the maker of these?  I would love to make it look like it was originally.  Just need info on it.

IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2178.jpg

• Like 1