carlosking450

Gear box 702

carlosking450

Hello friends recently I have finished my 702, but when trying to put the speeds I scratch the gearbox a lot without being able to put the speed, I have the cover of the strap on.

I have to adjust the carburetor so that the idle speed is lower, but currently it is not too high to scratch the speeds

The pulley of the change that receives the movement of the belt must stop completely when treading clutch?

• Like 1

ACman

When you press down on the clutch/brake pedal with the belt guard on the belt should stop completely while the engine pulley is still turning. Don’t try to put it in gear if the belt it turning or change gears will driving . The pulleys should be bare metal (clean and smooth) in the groves also . I think things are getting lost in translation . Is there anyway you could make a YouTube video to post so we can see what is happening?

Edited by ACman
  • Like 1

953 nut

There is a small tab attached to the idler pulley that will grab the belt when the clutch is pushed down, Take a look at it to be surte it is not too far back like the one in the photo.

ideler.JPG.f6315a92fa5ea9283c9196e1de5db4f7.JPG

carlosking450

First of all, I do not have that angle in the pulley support, as it is attached to the support

carlosking450

4r10ofy.jpg

carlosking450
13 hours ago, ACman said:

When you press down on the clutch/brake pedal with the belt guard on the belt should stop completely while the engine pulley is still turning. Don’t try to put it in gear if the belt it turning or change gears will driving . The pulleys should be bare metal (clean and smooth) in the groves also . I think things are getting lost in translation . Is there anyway you could make a YouTube video to post so we can see what is happening?

Thanks Acman, I have another question, when the brake belt acts does it only on its pulley or does it also brake the pulley that receives motor movement? I believe that it remains free.

• Like 1

carlosking450
3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

There is a small tab attached to the idler pulley that will grab the belt when the clutch is pushed down, Take a look at it to be surte it is not too far back like the one in the photo.

ideler.JPG.f6315a92fa5ea9283c9196e1de5db4f7.JPG

That piece that I need is the one in charge of braking the strap, right? Could you send me a picture of the back of the pulley?

• Sad 1

953 nut
21 hours ago, carlosking450 said:

That piece that I need is the one in charge of braking the strap, right? Could you send me a picture of the back of the pulley?

I'm away from home for a couple weeks so can't provide a picture now. Perhaps some one else can. There is a nut welded to the back of the bracket and it tightens in the desired location.

ACman

I’m believe that the input shaft and pulley will still move even if the brake is pressed down. 

I can’t get to my tractors either , but I have three 702 frames I don’t recall any of them having that tab . 

@carlosking450 you do have a Kevlar smooth belt on the tractor and not a cogged belt like the one in the pictures?

I can feel your frustration :deadhorse: ... So close to finishing your beautiful restoration . Then top it of with the language barrier and a tractor that’s probably super rare in Spain. 

ACman

Got out barn and the two that I could see don’t have that tab .

CE35247D-E30E-4DF9-995E-96280FFB806A.jpeg.e3b20d7f1c0ec96a6e94d203086e342b.jpeg

470A5699-6AF6-4A55-A52E-C3049408F01A.thumb.jpeg.31a2f741dcaddb855871daa4bf0357a4.jpeg

583F2A4D-FC4A-4F05-BB19-56CC88011630.thumb.jpeg.8153d0665041fa116ad3a856b935170a.jpeg

953 nut
2 hours ago, ACman said:

702 frames I don’t recall any of them having that tab .

Jeff, you are sooooooooo right.      :hide:       I don't own a 702 but looked at the Owner's Manual and that part is not listed. Looks like 1963 was the first year for it.      :bow-blue:

carlosking450

Hello everyone again, I have mounted a smooth strap and remains the same, what is the function of the strap cover?

The truth is that I am a little frustrated, because I have finished, I just need to solve the problem of change that should be something simple that escapes me.
The other problem is simpler, I fail to feed gasoline but I will mount an electric pump

stevasaurus

Hi Carlos...the function of the strap cover is that it is your clutch.  When you step on your clutch pedal, you take the tension off of the strap and the strap cover should help to force the slack in the strap toward the engine pulley...when that happens the input pulley of the transmission stops turning and you can shift the gears.  Like Gerry said...any adjustment is for pedal height...only.  You may have to bend a piece of heavy wire to help your strap cover.  Look at this picture of my 857 right below the muffler.  That wire is about 4 or 5 cm above the belt and is set about 11:00 o'clock in reference to the drive pulley.  This should solve your issues Mate.  You may have to make one of these.

DSCF8671.JPG

• Like 1

carlosking450

xuW043k.jpg

eHxRkwT.jpg

nlPFhgj.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

stevasaurus

This is a picture of RJHammer's horse...he put the "stops" on the top and the bottom to funnel the slack toward the engine pulley.  This is on a horse with the engine near the seat, but the whole thing works the same as for your 702.  You will find that you will be able to shift if you do this.  :)

DSC_0678.JPG

• Like 2

carlosking450

I hope you like it, I love it even without being 100%

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Carlos, your work on this 702 is outstanding for sure Mate.  Absolutely beautiful.  :occasion-xmas:

• Like 1

carlosking450

For now I must wait to receive the electric fuel pump, until then I can not continue, I will keep you informed, the bad thing is that I do not have the 702 in the place where I live.
Really, thank you very much for your advice and solutions, thank you!

• Like 3