Sign in to follow this  
beast owner

What's it worth?

beast owner

Hello everyone!! Home owners insurance what's to know what my 1976 D-250 is worth. :thumbs: I'm sorry I don't have pictures for you guys to look at. It has 853 hours on it, 48 inch snowblower, and a 60 inch mower deck and everything works and it runs great! Rating from one (low) to ten (high), I would call it a six or seven. Any idea(ballpark) what is it worth? Thanks in advance!!

Teddy da Bear

I know why no one wants to tackle this one......lol

Guys need to see it. Hear it.....and then it is still just

speculation.

I would give a wild innaccurate shot in the dark and

say $750......for the low....and $1000 for the high.

pond195520032003

I agree with Mike :whistle: its hard to put a price on something without seeing it :thumbs: what condition is the rear fender pan in :dunno: anyway maybe someone can get a close estiment for you :whistle:

HorseFixer

You would be hard pressed to see a D-250 that runs great with working deck and snow blower go for under $1000.00 on flee bay! I would say $1200.00 to $1600.00 I see um go all the time for that in fair condition :thumbs:

Rollerman

How do you estimate the value of a vintage tractor for an insurance company?

Do you shoot for the price that it would sell for at an average value....ebay, craigslist?

Or what it will cost an owner to replace with new/used equipment that will do the same task?

64s

The best way to convince an insurance company as to the value of a tractor is to find auctions/sales of the same model. I know nobody does it, but a bill of sale will also help. Search old Ebay auctions or find other tractor sales to prove what yours is worth.

If you can't show current value, the insurance company will says you can get a new one for around $900, yours is forty years old, depreciate it 10 percent a year, it only cost $500 new, $50 times 40 years equals $2000, so $900 minus $2000 means you owe us (the insurance company) $1100 if your tractor burns!! :thumbs: All for the privilege of sending them premium checks.

mcwh1950

remember insurance company know how to google or yahoo. too

Buzz

Bill Pearson (BPJunk) might be the person to ask. I know he has helped several people do the exact same thing you need to do. Try sending him a PM.