Sign in to follow this  
Raider

C-160 hydraulic hoses

Raider

I have a couple of leaks on my C-160. The worst is the short hose running from the lift valve to ram, I believe it is the pressure side. It leaks fast at the elbow fitting at the ram when the plow is up. The fitting is tight at the ram but the pivoting fitting itself is sloppy. There is also a minor leak on one of the big hoses from pump to lift valve, it might be just loose.

I have looked for these hoses on the Toro lookup and Jack's Small Engine. A couple are discontinued and the remaining are quite expensive. I can't tell which is which on the Toro website drawings (they aren't shown in the drawing but the part numbers are there). Does anyone know which part number is the pressure hose to the lift ram? Is this a common item besides just Wheelhorse. I wouldn't mind a substitute if it all works the same. Are there alternatives or components I could use to make up a new hose? I have a Tractor Supply Store and Farm and Fleet store handy and also a Toro dealer. My C is no beauty queen, I just want it to work right so I'd like to fix this leak soon.

Thanks much

Raider

Here's the drawing I'm looking at: 3951016A.gif

Raider

That's great, do you take paypal? Will I need to purge the lines after swapping in new ones?

kj4kicks

Yes on the Paypal. The site will take you through registration and shipping/payment options.

The lines will clear themselves in a few seconds just by operating the lift valve in both directions. Don't forget to make sure the drive belt is engaged, of course.

Thanks,

E.

kpinnc

The worst is the short hose running from the lift valve to ram, I believe it is the pressure side.

Just FYI on this, and forgive me if I misunderstood your post- but BOTH lines to the cylinder on a Wheel Horse are pressure sides. The cylinders are dual-acting.

Kevin

Raider

Eldon, I'll likely be buying a set of hoses from you once I get it approved with the accountant :thumbs: Would the 'kj' in your screen name have anything to do with Jeeps?

If the cylinder is dual action I could get down pressure with the right linkages then? I wouldn't want that for plowing snow of course but if I were to try dozing dirt or something.. My leak would be on the hose that provides lift then I think.

Thankyou guys for the help. I'm glad I can get the parts and knowledge here to get the horse fixed up.

kj4kicks

KJ is for karaoke jockey. Did that for 11 years.

Gator is 100% right about the dual action cylinder. Yes, with a solid link you can produce down pressure.