sirman

418-C

sirman

I wonder how many of these were made any ideas

Racinbob

:think: In 1987 they had a 418-8, 418-A and the 418-C. All I can think of is it stands for commercial. No clue how many. :)

• Like 1

Big_Red_Fred

Seen 2 418's on C List, 1 parting out, other selling, both non running, guess them twins wasnt the perfect engine ? Dont tell ericj i said that hahaha

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
3 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

Seen 2 418's on C List, 1 parting out, other selling, both non running, guess them twins wasnt the perfect engine ? Dont tell ericj i said that hahaha

The first series Kohler twins weren't the greatest as they were splash lubed vs pressure lubed like an Onan.

• Like 3

Red144runner

What year did they pressure lube them? I thought the last year of the c195 (84?) had full press lubrication. 

pfrederi

The 418 series used Magnum twins with full pressure lubrication.  They are great engines (really the same as Series II KT 17s but with a magneto ignition.)  Never sure why WH didn't spec an oil filter..some users did and you can retrofit one)

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Big_Red_Fred

I'll post the Locations of them, i'm Thinking the Pittsburgh area & their numbers, the 1 that isnt being parted was complete, kinda looked nice, i'm tied up in a D200 at moment along with a C145 in a box, so i have the Mittens full, post them pics soon

Big_Red_Fred
9 minutes ago, Big_Red_Fred said:

I'll post the Locations of them, i'm Thinking the Pittsburgh area & their numbers, the 1 that isnt being parted was complete, kinda looked nice, i'm tied up in a D200 at moment along with a C145 in a box, so i have the Mittens full, post them pics soon

All 3 are on the Pittsburgh C-list, id post them but dont want any owners getting mad, If you want 1, i'll nab it 4 ya

sirman

Well thank you but I'm not looking for one I already have one just got it seems really nice only needs a few repairs love ours runs good and sounds great