JC 1965

Mower Spindle Bearings

JC 1965

Does anyone have a good source for spindle ball bearing # 109966 metric ?   Mower deck is 42" side discharge model # 15-42SC02 year of manufacture is 1990. I haven't  removed them from the mower deck yet

so I don't know the dimensions  ( size ) of the bearings. I looked them up on Parts Tree and they want $12.24 each.  (  ouch )  I want to replace all 6 of them.  Any help appreciated.  :thumbs2: 

WHX??

I think they are real common bearings JC. I went thru mine last year and I think I ordered a bunch off fleabay real cheap. They were sealed but I removed the seal on the inside so they could be greased. I'll go back to my ebay orders and see if I can find the dims. This is the 2nd time I have gone thru my 92 vintage deck and the 1st time I got them thru Toro and they raped me so not going there again. These are 40mm od x17mm id x 12mm thick.

I will try and confirm if they fit your deck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Qty-10-6203-2RS-two-side-rubber-seals-bearing-6203-rs-ball-bearings-6203-rs-/131203590281?hash=item1e8c57e889

Up date here JC.... yup your deck bearings  will have/use  the 40/17/12 bearings ...do a search on evilbay 109966 bearing and you will find hoards of them cheap. 10 of them for 20 bucks with a few extras for the shelf. Remove one side seal if you have the zerks in the tops of the spindles and slap them in & good to go mow some grass:chores-mowlawn:!

Edited by WHX12

JC 1965

OK Jim, thanks for the info.   Much Appreciated      :thumbs2:

WHX??

:handgestures-thumbupright:

Stike

I just received 10 off amazon for 13.99 bearing number 6203 is 17mm x 40mm x 12mm, mine are sealed both sides but I'll just remove seals, nice having extras and can't beat the price.

• Like 1