Sign in to follow this  
DanPatch

Lawn Ranger

DanPatch

I have a '67 or '68 Lawn Ranger. Where does the clutch spring go? I have looked at the service manual and it really don't show where it goes. Does it go in the hole on the brake lock lever or the clutch pivot arm ? Where does the other end go? How long is this spring? I would also like some advice on a replacment spring because mine is missing and I have never even seen one. Also I have been watching ebay for decals for a couple of months and Ibbecca or no one else has had Lawn Ranger decals. I will try to contact the Vinly guy maybe he could restock Ibbecca :thumbs:

WHC-125

I will try and get a pic tomorrow if no one gets one before me of the clutch assembly :thumbs:

sorekiwi

The spring is available from your Toro dealer for $5 or $6.

I dont have a good picture of its installation, but you should be able to see it here (BTW, this spring needed replacement!!)

IMG_1851.jpg

I'm assuming the later model Rangers are similar to the early ones here.... :thumbs:

WHC-125

Here are some more pics (I know I need to wash my Lawn Ranger :thumbs: )

GT14andLawnRanger2-9-09002.jpg

GT14andLawnRanger2-9-09001-1.jpg

sorekiwi

Well, looks like the later Rangers are a bit different. Mines an early round fendered one, so your set-up is more likely to be like Chris's.

WHC-125

I am pretty sure his is like mine as well :thumbs:

DanPatch

You guys are great ! The pictures say it all. I guess I will be going back to the toro dealer to see if I can get a clutch spring. :thumbs: again

BPjunk

Here is a little tip when installing the clutch return spring.

1) Hook the front half first.

2) Use either a good pair of vise grips or hook type spring installer, the kind of look like the letter "J".

3) Stand back ifn's the spring goes flying! :lol::dunno:

3) a - On my pulling tractors I will twist the spring a few times for a little more tension. :thumbs::whistle::whistle:

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

WHC-125

Dan,

How did you make out with your clutch spring?

DanPatch

I went to the toro dealer and asked for a #1014 clutch spring they crossed it over to a 83-2730 which is the same number that I got when I asked for the #1486 spring which is the clutch spring on the mower deck. The spring is 4 inches long unstreched It is definately the right spring for the mower deck but it looks short for the tractor clutch. I had to order them and just picked them up the other day. I will try to install the spring soon.