Sign in to follow this  
b-80boz

old blue

b-80boz

went to my dads today and pulled out the first rider I rember us having. Its a Bluegrass 8hp made by Belknap Inc. louisville ky. I think its probably 70-74 not sure .I`m trying to find out how to look up the model of the tractor and the briggs engine to pinpoint a date and any other info I could get.Its a real well built littlie mower has a metalic blue paint job and steering wheel. also the hood has a really cool spoiler.It also has the bluegrass tool emblem. My dad work at a lumber co. in richmond mo. thats where he bought it from.the only picture I have are on my phone and I`m not that good at pictures and stuff.I will try to get a picture posted :thumbs:

TT

If the Briggs engine is original, the "code" number stamped on the blower housing will give you the date of manufacture of the engine only. (YY/DD/MM/XX)

Here's some info from the web about Belknap Mfg: LINK

linen beige

Man does that bring back some memories! I grew up an hour away from Louisville. I remember the old Bluegrass mowers, but not in detail.

My dad's mother and sister both lived in L'ville and we visited often. It is my wife's hometown. My oldest daughter lives there now, as does more family.

Not to get too far :thumbs: but,

TT: Thanks for posting the link to Belknap's page. My dad's dad helped roof some of their warehouses in the '30s. My wife's sister works for a software company that was in the remaining building until a few years ago. The lobby of this place is decorated in an industrial art deco style that is fascinating. Reminds one of the entrance to the Empire state building.

If any of you have ever heard of the yearly "Thunder over Louisville" fireworks show, this building is THE place to view it from. We would view from the 10th floor. Fireworks not only above you, but coming up from below, from straight ahead, every angle! If any of you have ever been to one of these shows you know how impressive it is. It is the largest fireworks show ever done anywhere and the company owner sets a new record every year. He has said that he will never do a larger show than the one he does in Louisville because the location is perfect. Part of the show is done from the 2nd street bridge and this building is the only one in Louisville that has a clear downward view of the show side of the bridge. This show kicks off the Ky. Derby festival and is always two saturdays prior to Derby day.