Sign in to follow this  
williambogner

Quick question-Back Hubs

williambogner

Ok guys. I got the Auto 12 tore down. when i bought the tractor it ran great and had to problems. But since i jacked it up and took the tires up i tried to spin the hub by myself. One hubs spins and the other one does but in the opposite direction which is correct. My question is, there is a ticking noise inside when i turn the hub by hand?? It definately sounds like gears grinding. I got a old engine and put a belt from the engine to the hydro and put the tractor into drive and it didnt make the noise??? anyone have any ideas. Also i cant find the dam screw for the valve to hand push it. Anyone have an idea. On my d its a hole where you put a screwdriver and twist but this thing is complicated. Help would be appreciated. Thanks William

WHC-125

I had a C-175 Auto that made the same noise and my friends grandfather's C-160 Auto does too :thumbs:

jtmoyer

there is no manual pressure release valve. the noise you hear is the "internal" pressure release. it may not be what it is called but that what it functions as. that is why you can only push it at slow speeds of the wheels will lock up.

Mike

On my 73 auto it's right under or behind your left leg as your setting on tractor & might need vicegrips to move it, it has a slot for screwdriver but might be hard to turn, mine was.

Teddy da Bear

There was a post on this not long ago... It is a normal sound for hydros....

I believe they said it is some sort of relief valve popping.

illinilefttackle

:thumbs: YO, Teddy-your'e right, I posted that question because whenever I pushed my Hydro across the garage floor-it went "Click-Click-Click". Pressure relief valves popping I think is what they said it was-kinda sounded like a "Parking Pawl" in a automatic car when you put it in park before you are at a complete stop. ( don't ask me how I know) I'm glad it's nothing to worry about.-AL