Sign in to follow this  
badbob

C-175 wiring harness

badbob

Gentlemen

You were great help in identifying what model I purchased C-175 twin with 16hp Kohler. The previous owner made a mess out of the wiring and I would like to put a new wiring harness in. Any ideas where i can purchase all the links state discontinued

Thanks

badbob

bitten

badbob

Get the wireing diragram and make one yourself. Iv had to do this before and it wasnt that hard. The one I did didnt have the test lights or anything like that and I dont know if yours does, that would make it harder if you wanted to keep all that stuff working.

Good Luck,

P.J.

WHC-125

badbob,

:thumbs:

jerrell

:thumbs: welcome BB, i have a c175 and the PO did the same thing to my wireing, and i struggled with it for several months, finally had to replace the switch and all the wireing, i have the wireing diagram but don't know how to get it to you. there is a member on here that sent it to me and it is very easy to follow. i know nothing about rewireing and i was able to follow the diagram. i will see if i cannot locate his name and see if i can recall the email and forward it to you. it was really very easy. i replaced every wire except for all the safety switches, i know they are good things to have but i have considered them to be a nuiasance to mess with and just deleted them when rewireing. i will repost if i can find the diagrams, jerrell

BYW where are you located???

TJ

:thumbs:

Duff

Like the boys said, making your own wiring harness is a darned sight cheaper than a replacement OEM if one is even available! The prices of replacements are ridiculous! JMHO based on experience! :whistle:

Good luck and have fun! :thumbs:

Duff :whistle:

jerrell

:thumbs: BB , just sent the diagram, (on dial-up so may be difficult or timely to download) complete manual MIKE sent me , he did me a great favor and that's what this forum is all about, a little bragging and a lot of help, hope you get the info, it is located in the back of the manual, can't remember what page number..let me know if you don't get it and will try something else..