Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Trip to Oopsville

T-Mo

A small road trip, into Blagojevich land - Part I

I got up this morning, with the 753 loaded and ready to go for the first lag of it's journey to it's new home. We made it into the Land of Blagojevich without incident. We got to the rendezvous point a little early, so we drove around with the 753 following faithfully behind. When The Sarge arrived, we conversed, coaxed the 753 from one trailer into a foreign trailer. As we were saying our tearful goodbyes to the old girl, the squeal of semi-brakes interrupted our sad farewells. The semi just missed taking out a poor, little lost SUV, who apparently might have been witnessing our tearful goodbyes to the 753.

Part II

Left the 753 in good hands, er, I mean, a good trailer. I know she will go to a place where she will shine again, to be resurrected with loving hands. We drove west back out of the Land of Blagojevich into the promised land, Missouri. Into St. Peters we drove, where outside in the drive way was a Cub Cadet 104, waiting anxiously to see who was going to take her to the dance. I looked over the 104, I liked her stance, her demeanor. I drove her down the street where she promptly ran out of gas. Put more fuel into her and she started up and I loaded her up onto the green monster, the trailer. After my somewhat embarrassing attempt at lowballing, I paid the man and we left with the CC following anxiously behind. Part II of this trip is going well.

Part III

We pulled into a gas station and I wait until a van finishes her time at the trough. So I pulled up and even before I come to a full stop, I feel a sudden jolt. Checking first to be sure the CC hadn't tried to run away, we noticed a rather odd addition to the right rear of the trailer. A late '80's Ford Crown Vic had decided to see if it could get a closer look at the CC. Some young girl had ran out of gas and just made it to the station. A gallon later and she starts the car, place it in drive, only to have the car give up the ghost. Being young and inexperienced, the girl didn't know that without engine power, brakes and steering is now very difficult. The Crown Vic found a SUV of it's own, a gave it a little kiss, tried to rearrange a sign, apparently in it's attempt to get a closer look at the yellow and white on the green trailer. Luckily it missed my trailer lights and only pushed in the fender into the tire. A little straightening of it, a compassionate "That's okay, it's only a trailer" comforting words to the shaken girl and we're on our way again.

Part IV

We go next door from the station to a Hardees. Placed our order, go to the table to wait for the girl to bring us our food. She arrives with baskets full of burgers, fries, all the good greasy stuff. She places one basket on the table, exchanged a little, "who gets what" and then simply dumps the remaining two baskets into my lap. A few 20,000 "I'm sorry" from the girl, more undumped food later and we eat and leave.

Conclusion:

We make it home without further incidents and I now have a spanking, not so quite, new Cub Cadet 104 - my first Cub. I'm sure it will get along fine with the Deeres and the Horses.

100_0567_resize.jpg

TJ

Enjoyed the story. Nice looking tractor. :thumbs:

Sparky

Great story Terry. I kept waiting for some kind of disaster to hit ya but I suppose a bent trailer fender aint bad.

Thats a good lookin tractor. I'm surprized it doesnt have headlights tho. I've been thinkin about getting something non-Wheel Horse myself but I have a big dollar purchase coming up and a new tractor will have to wait till thats behind me.

Mike...........

Rollerman

Terry the 104 looks pretty decent!

If anything your garage will be more colorfull...like mine. :thumbs:

I've only rescued one Horse from the Land of Blagojevich & it didn't go well enough to ever want to go back.

Much easier to go North, East, & South for them than West.

KyBlue

Man what a Story!!! Glad you made it out and back safe!

pond195520032003

nice cub T-Mo :dunno: liked the story aswell :lol: if you ever want to add lights to the cub :omg: the wiring is already up front, just taped up :whistle: also same near the ignition switch, purple wire i believe :thumbs: :whistle:

big mike

Terry,good lookin find!

Headlights were an option but shouldn't be hard to find......I just may know where there is a set :thumbs:

Might wanna keep the Moldy ones away from the Cub and Horses......don't want the good ones coming down with anything. :whistle:

T-Mo

Thanks, guys, on the compliments - for both the story and the tractor. I guess, the moral of the story is this "If you venture into the Land of Blagojevich, be sure you keep your eyes open for bad things to come!"

Big Mike,

I might need a deck. :whistle: This one seen it's better days.

Stephen,

A little color doesn't hurt, does it? :thumbs:

Mike (Sparky),

I hear ya, on the big purchase. Luckily, this little Cub didn't set me back too much.

Sugarmaker

I like Cubs too and that looks like a nice one.

I restored a 106 and had a lot of fun getting it back in shape. The oldest boy now has it and its plowing snow or mowing grass. He does need to find a good used gas tank for it.

I still have a very tired 127 that was my uncles. Cheryl likes the hydro a lot better than the std so its her tractor. Needs a engine soon!

Regards,

Chris

Suburban 550

T-Mo, Great story and nice tractor. :thumbs: I used to own one just like it.

T-Mo

One thing I forgot to mentioned, it must have slipped my mind after all the "other" excitement. On the way to meet Sarge, we stopped in the first Rest Area in the Land of Blagojevich. And, there working the welcome counter was old Abe Lincoln himself. Or a guy who could have passed for him, complete with the beard, the slimness, the tallness and the facial features, including the mole. It should have been a sign...of things to come. :thumbs: