Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Wheel horse tractor show in MI.

Kelly

I know this should be posted someplace else but I need peoople to see it for a day or two then move to the proper spot.

I just got off the phone with the cordinator for the local tractor show they hold every year at the Eaton county fair grounds, this is called the big and little tractor show, he called wanting to know if I would like to hold the MI. Wheel horse meet and greet there this year, of corse I said yes, the date is being set tomarrow at the meeting, but should be the first weekend in August, it looks like we will be able to have the main building all to ourselves a very large polebarn with cement floors very nice I'd say over 100'x100' and he said we would have a area outside the building to park tractors also, they have garden tractor pulls with a weight sled (not sure on the cost but last year was $15) also antique tractor pulls, zero turn rodeo, pedal tractor pulls, a swapmeet (mostly big tractor parts) food vendors, camping is available for $15 with electric and water, nice showers and restrooms, all wooded, if you don't want to camp they have with in a couple of miles, a super 8 hotel, holiday inn, and a comfort inn, nice restarants downtown and fast food only blocks from the fairgrounds also the grounds are only about 2 miles off I-69 very easy to get to, I'm going to the next meeting in a few weeks, and would like imput from anyone that might be interested in coming to this event, questions, wants needs, anything, the more people we can get to come the better, this is not limited to RS members I'm going to post this on the yahoo site also, kinda a mini Wheel horse northern show, he also said any vendors are welcome, it would be nice to see 100+ tractors show up, also we are very welcome to make this a yearly thing, maybe for those that can't make the big show in PA, I know I can't make that trip every year, this years feature tractor at the show is going to be JD, but all makes are welcome, as I said we already have a very large area to use right in the front of the grounds, so lets see if we can put it to good use, also anyone that would like to help in planning this PLEASE email me.

I will be posting more as I go, and as I get the info. this is located about 60 miles north of the IN. state line right on I-69 so only a hour drive from there also very easy to get to from OH. and it's about 20 min. SW of Lansing

I hope I can get some interest in this, we have a few months to plan, this could be fun even if it's with other brand tractors.

stevasaurus

I am really interested in this show...only about 4-5 hours drive. Could bring 1 or maybe 2 WH tractors. Possibly 2 round hoods 1962...(702 and 502) if I get them running. Other options...1967 (857) and 1972 Raider 10. I will watch the posts and advise. Am willing to help if I can. Thanks :thumbs:

KyBlue

I'll have to see how the BBQ is going, I might be unable to take a weekend off, but If I can, I'll be there.

TJ

Count me in. Whatever help you need, just let me know.

HorseFixer

Sounds Good to me the Stabbin Cabin Will Roll! :thumbs:

Bow_Extreme

I would probably be interested in going if I don't have a bowfishing tournament on the date that's set. Maybe I could have an articulated bult by than....Maybe.

whlpny

Kelly- That is a great location for sure. The grounds are nice. I will give you any help I can and will be there as long as it doesn't fall on the same dates as the Portland Indiana show. Really convenient for me - about 45 minutes from home. Let me know what I can do to help out.

WheelHorse_of_course

So where is Eaton County? MI is a big state.

I hope I might make it :thumbs:

Kelly

We are located 60 miles north of IN. on I-69 look for the city of Charlotte

GlenPettit

Kelly:

Count me in, with a couple of tractors and some stuff to sell.

Hope you can use some extra help, please count me in wherever I can help.

Glen

wildman

Could you post actual date asap. You bet , i would rather go pet horses and put up with the smell of the droppings, than go to work. :thumbs: -Bill

Eriks Red horse herd

Kelly I knew you could do it . when i talked to the guy in charge of the tractor show last year he said then that he was very interested. And you pulled it off!great location. easy access from the Hwy. and lots of room for parts selling!!! YOUCAN DIFFENTLY COUNT ME IN!!! I can bring half dozen to dozen tractors to show and a few odd ball implements. Being that I,m just a hop, skip and aJump from Chartuckey I could lend a helpping hand. Keep us all informed. This would be a great place for a year after year show. seeming how we lost the constantine show here in michigan .Sounds like everyone close by is very interested. now I better shut up and get to work on those unfinished projects. Don,t hesitate to call for a helpping hand. Erik-

Rideawaysenior

Bow Extreme,

I prefer a 12 gauge with fish in a barrel. LOL Don't think, rather I know I couldn't hit the bottom of a pond if I were standing on it with a bow and arrow let alone a moving target.

Jack

Bow_Extreme

Rideawaysenior,

LOL.....What can I say, I have a few addictions, wheel horse tractors is the newest one but bowfishing takes the top of the list. I can drive the boat, shoot at the same time while managing 2 other shooters in the front. I have it down to a science now a days. We have a small flat bottom with a regular tiller steer, I steer with the foot and throttle and shoot in between everything else going on.

perry

kelly, how far away from your place is it.? is it in charlotte ?.

Eriks Red horse herd

Perry. Don,t mean to charm in front of Kelly but from kelly's i'ts just up the road I'd say about 3 to 4 miles give or take. From I-69 take M-50 bussn route north 2milesand the fair grounds is on right side can't miss it.

Kelly

I have more info. on the Mi. show, it will be on Aug. 1st and 2nd, sat and sun but they will allow you to park tractors all day fri. and parking for the trailers, I will be there in and out fri. bring my tractors down.

They will for sure have the garden tractor pulls, last year there was at least 30 pullers there, from stock to car engine powered machines, and yes even WH pullers.

The show web site is being updated right now, but as soon as it is up and running I will post a link to it.

We are getting the front and center part of the show grounds, and the main building, I'm going to get pic's in the next week or so to show you all what we will be using.

I'm looking for Ideas for a name for this show 1st annual????????? I have a idea but I need to ask for permision to use the name first, but lets see what you guys come up with.

I'm thinking of having a bonfire at my house sat. night weather permiting, I live about 5 miles, straight up the road, but we'll see as the time gets closer.

BPjunk

Kelly,

If I can be of help let me know.

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Teddy da Bear

I will be there in and out fri. bring my tractors down.
I am reminded of the emortal words of C.W. McCall song......

"Rubber Duck? Looks like we got us a convoy!!" :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

I vote for the 1st. annual "Kelly's Wheel Horse Invitational"

Kelly......cause your the main dude...

Wheel horse.......hope you all can figure that one out....

And invitational because your all invited!!

Second thought... Shouldn't it be the "second annual"??

You already had one event....and telling people it is the

"second" makes you sound more established.