Sign in to follow this  
fritz

Two belt slots?

fritz

Hey,

I notcied along time ago that there are two belt slots on the clutch? What are they for? Can u like run a deck and a snow blower at the same time if you wanted or are they there for different attachments? Yeah I know the snow blower and the deck going at the same time is stupid. I thought it was kind of funny. :thumbs:

Thank you

Devin

kj4kicks

You're kidding, right? :thumbs:

Take some time to do some reading and you'll get your answer.

Rollerman

Okay I'll jump...it's a simple question right?

Devin differant attachments called for differant PTO speeds.

Thats why the two grooves in your PTO have differant sizes.

A mower deck would run on the groove closest to the engine..."more speed"

Where a snow blower uses the groove on the outside for slower speed, but more "torque" to the auger.

illinilefttackle

:thumbs: Good answr Stepen.

When I got my first intro to WHorses-I was full of questions-I still am in some respects. I might not be able to phrase my questions just right, but at least I would respect some civil treatment. What is the deal here anyway? Seems some folks on this forum have "Holier than thou attitude" Got a Bee in your saddle?

Thanks for your level headed response Tickster!-AL

jerrell

:whistle: Good question Devin, when i bought the first horse with different attachment i didn't know where or how anything fit but i figured it out by the belt length on the different attachments i hooked up, :thumbs: maybe the mower could sling the ice and snow the blower missed :whistle:

seriously there are no wrong questions on here ,, just ask and you WILL get good answers.

Rideawaysenior

It shouldn't matter how many times the question is asked, or how many topics there are regarding the question. There could be several reansons as to why you asked it. Perhaps someone has a reply that they didn't put in the previous post because they didn't see it either. Many times it's faster to post the question and get a quick reply then to research the threads. I think that some of the comments regarding peoples grammar, spelling, punctuation and english is uncalled for so are some of the snyde remarks made.

Please pay no mind to the few remarks such as the one you received here. Most of the group here will gladly answer you. Even if a previous post exists.

Jack

evanloock

Sure it shouldn't matter how many times something is posted....if you're too lazy to do the research necessary to find out if a topic has already been discussed instead of wasting space starting a new thread. Grammar and spelling are unimportant, if you have absolutely no pride in your discourse and want to come across as obtuse.

As fritz stated "Yeah I know the snow blower and the deck going at the same time is stupid." Sums it up pretty well in my book.

kpinnc

I am certain no one wants to smash Devin's questions. We are part of a forum, so if no one has questions, we won't have much reason to come here.

BUT- For the sake of keeping the place as repetition-free as possible, it would be most helpful if we all used the search feature. Questions not answered by the feature's use can certainly be asked, and we may all benefit from it.

Kevin

fritz

Thank you for everyones help that help. I'm sorry that I didn't know there was a search thing that did threads. I mite be wrong but the I feal like some one called me stupid. But that really really does not sit with me. I mite be wrong on the way i am taking it. But i just wanna say a few people have lost my respect. Im sorry. Please would a mod close this thread please.

TJ

You aren't stupid. It is the aninimity of the internet that allows, and even encourages, boorish behavior.

JimD

it seems some of the members, and moderators, who want to ridicule and critisize our questions, grammar, spelling and punctuation , need to go to the top of the page and re-read the redsquare guidelines. it has to do with being friendly, and no personal attacks. it needs to be stopped. this is the reason i don't ask questions. why do we welcome new members to redsquare, tell them to ask lots of questions, and then critisize them for doing it? sorry, just another "stupid" question i guess.

jim

fordsonmajortom

Don't worry about it Devin. I didn't know why there was two belt slots on the pto pulley and I have read a lot. Snowblowers are like hensteeth in this part of the UK seeing as we only have enough snow for one about every 20 years , so the use for the outer pulley slot is hardly likely to crop up. The only attachments we come across are mower decks and the odd snow plough blade. I have got the attachment brackets but no blade.

Michael

Docwheelhorse

Out of curiosity I used the search feature and tried different combos---i.e. PTO PULLEY, PULLEY, Belt Placement.... AND GOT NOTHING..... If you don't want to answer someones question just don't.... don't load up and take a pot shot at them... :thumbs:

1117scooter

Normally.........I would sit here at my desk and read the posts here for hours

and not actually comment on some of the things I see. Until now, I did the search and didn't find the answer to the pulley question either. Apparently some people here need to get off their high(wheel)horses. I have been on a lot of other sites online and enjoy this one the most, there are quite a few talented people here,but the snobbery has to stop. You feel a question is beneath your rose scented ass then don't answer it ! :wtf:

PS I'll be checking in all day if the posting police want to come at me next.

TT

Three things:

1) The search feature here at RedSquare does work if the person using it sets all of the parameters correctly. This was previously addressed and nothing can be done to make it work easier or be more user-friendly. :whistle:

HERE are the search results I got by entering "PTO pulley" in the search box and HERE is the post from a result of that search that contains all of the needed information.

2) Here's an image direct from the IPL that shows what PTO pulley grooves are for what attachments. Save it to your computer or print it out for future reference if you like:

PTOpulleygrooves.jpg

3) You guys can spell, write, fart, spit, sneeze, dance, drive, paint, and live any way you choose. That is part of your rights, but certain behavior will be scrutinized by others - perhaps even by someone wearing a uniform and a badge - even if it is on your own property.

What some of you fail to remember is the fact that this ultimately IS a private forum belonging to "whchris". He has appointed certain members to help oversee and moderate the activities here at his forum and trust me, we do not get any compensation whatsoever - it is done solely for the good of the hobby and because we love Wheel Horses. Naturally, this "job" was much simpler when there were only two or three hundred members, but some of us still try to keep the place safe and sane. There's only a small group of people who have a clue what goes on "behind the scenes" in a forum, and even fewer who know how much work it is to take a generic template provided by the forum host and turn it into what you see here. Those who know how much work it is to give people a place to congregate do not want to see their hard work, time, and effort flushed down the "internet crapper" because a few people think they can waltz in and do as they please.

It really seems ironic that a bunch of you went right for Devin's throat when he asked about using a Wheel Horse for a demolition derby tractor. Some of you felt it was fine to tell him what to do then, but it's not alright for the people in charge of this forum to suggest using the search feature or use spell check? :thumbs:

Talk about making the rules up as you go! :whistle:

illinilefttackle

:thumbs: After reading all these posts-mine included-Where are the "powers that be" in this forum? It,s one thing to be degraded and called "stupid" be another Forum member-(even tho he himself probably can't tie his own shoe laces) But it's entirely another thing to be ridiculed by a "Mod" . It's kinda like going to McDonalds drive thru, Why do the put the people that can't speak a simple sentence, or just don't give a Dam what you said your order was, on the PA system?

If you can't conduct yourself in a professional manner-you should not be a "mod".

AL :whistle:

bitten

:thumbs:

Cant we all get along.

I just tried useing the search feture and had no luck went to the help section and after reading it I was still unable to find what I was looking for.

I spend more time doing other things then learning all the ins and outs of useing a computer. I thought I was doing good just to find you guys on here.

There are things in life that we take for granted. Using a search feature might be simple to some but not for all. In my line of work, I have to remember this all the time. What I think is commen since isnt to everyone and I feel its my duty to help whenever I can.

When I got my first horse I didnt know what the two groves were for. But I did learn by reading littiture that I could find. I wasnt a member here at the time but if I was I would have asked the same question in hopes of finding out.

Is there a size limit to how many post that we have on here or are some tired of seeing things that they have already seen or know about?

His ? could have been answered with a couple of simple sentinces, and I wish I was the first to see his becouse that is what I would have done.

I joined this group to learn more about my hobbie and have learned a lot from you guys. I want to learn as much as I can in life, always have and always will.

The only dumn question is the one not asked.

P.J.

Rideawaysenior

Well, this has received much more attention than I ever thought. I'd like to respectfully say that everyone here has brought out very good points. If you take the time to experiment with the site, you will see that there are features that can help you out with your questions. Moderating a free site is very difficult and I'll bet that it's a thankless job that all of the mods volunteered for of gladly accepted when they were asked. I as well as many other members really do appreciate ALL of your hard work.

Each and every member here is from a different walk of life. Some college grads, maybe some even with post doctorates. Some may have some college, high school, GED's or may have not had the opportunity to complete their education for various reasons. This is why I feel that a little leeway needs to be granted. Mr. Van Look "evanlook" placed a very unfortunate post here which I hope is immediately addressed by the administrators. Shame on you for measuring the fifteen-year-old person on his text and question and calling him stupid. You out of most people here should know this the best. Your title badge of Esq must have been a hard earned degree, or perhaps you just assume the title through lineage. A distant relative of some several hundred year old deceased English Knight. :horseplay:

No one here is any better than anyone else. The majority of us here are adults. This is supposed to be a family friendly site. As adults shouldn't we try to help the kid in question here instead of chastise him? (Devin sorry for calling you a kid, but to me you are still a youngster. I am glad you joined) I'd like to ask that everyone place a good faith effort here. Read the membership guidelines, if you have a technical question attempt a search to see if it has been discussed already to help the moderation team. Please acknowledge that the moderators have a tough job that is not compensated. These guys are here to help keep this site the place it is intended to be. Finally, be respectful of one another and realize that with over 1,000 registered members as well as the many outsiders who view our site are from different walks of life. Each and every one of us here contributes in our own way. Whether it is by posting threads, pictures, asking questions or by working on this site.

Thank you for listening, I'm stepping down now. :thumbs:

Respectfully,

Jack

1117scooter

For Sale:

1 soapbox slightly used-Make offer

:whistle: Ok, my mistake -as far as the search,I didn't realize you had to set the length of search in the search engine

every time . I found the info. :thumbs:

kj4kicks

After reading all these posts-mine included-Where are the "powers that be" in this forum?

They are right here. So far at least 3 have tried to explain this.

It,s one thing to be degraded and called "stupid" be another Forum member-(even tho he himself probably can't tie his own shoe laces)
So, 2 wrongs make a right? Devin called his own question "stupid". Nobody did it for him. You taking a pot shot about tying shoes didn't help anything.

But it's entirely another thing to be ridiculed by a "Mod" .
I was not ridiculing. I was trying to get him to do his own homework. "Easy and fast" is one way to get your question answered, but remember this: Somebody else has to use their time to make the reply to your question. Being too lazy to use the search feature tells me that the poster thinks that his/her time is more valuable than the person who has the kowledge, and takes time to provide the answer. Also, by taking the time to do your own research, chances are better that you will actually retain the knowledge.

If you can't conduct yourself in a professional manner-you should not be a "mod".
Opinions vary. Maybe the moderators job should also come with a baby-sitting certificate.

evanloock

Actually my post was more directly addressed to your comments RideAwaySenior. Allow me to discuss them one by one for your benefit:

1.)"Many times it's faster to post the question and get a quick reply then to research the threads."

Yes, lack of initiative should be rewarded. The mods have posted ad infinitive about using the search feature.

2.) "I think that some of the comments regarding peoples grammar, spelling, punctuation and english is uncalled for so are some of the snyde remarks made."

The remarks made by the Mods regarding this issue are not "snyde" (I assume you meant snide.) If one uses the site, one can certainly take the time to post in a coherent manner. The posts are being made on a computer are they not? There is this item called "spell check" that works wonderfully if USED.

3.) "Yeah I know the snow blower and the deck going at the same time is stupid"

Obviously the poster regarded the validity of this inquiry as questionable. Why post it then? I put this right up there with the multiple "Welcome to Redsquare" posts in the same thread when an individual is looking for information.

P.S. My degree has no bearing on this issue. Common sense is something that can be obtained/practiced without formal education.

My purpose was to support the Mods who do a hell of a job!!!!

JimD

just a thought, perhaps there could be a "pinned" thread where the mods and/or the more experienced members could give us a quick "how to use the search feature". i'm sure there are those who know best what works or doesn't. it would be easier for eveyone if we all had access to this information, thereby curtailing some of the repeated questions. it sure would have helped me many times. then the mods wouldn't be so burdened. i know this should be posted in site suggestions and updates, but it seems relevant to this thread. please feel free to move it there for discussion by the membership if you so choose. thanks, jim

illinilefttackle

They are right here. So far at least 3 have tried to explain this.

So, 2 wrongs make a right? Devin called his own question "stupid". Nobody did it for him. You taking a pot shot about tying shoes didn't help anything.

I was not ridiculing. I was trying to get him to do his own homework. "Easy and fast" is one way to get your question answered, but remember this: Somebody else has to use their time to make the reply to your question. Being too lazy to use the search feature tells me that the poster thinks that his/her time is more valuable than the person who has the kowledge, and takes time to provide the answer. Also, by taking the time to do your own research, chances are better that you will actually retain the knowledge.

Opinions vary. Maybe the moderators job should also come with a baby-sitting certificate.

:whistle: I hope you are not calling me a "Baby"

There are a few people on earth that can explain any thing to their advantage-it's called "Spin" Those are the same people that never Apologize for anything they do- they never do anything wrong.

This question of Devins-could have been simply answered as Tickster did-ignoring the stupid comments and just giving good information,

My Daddy always said "don't write checks that you can't.............."

AL :thumbs:

kj4kicks

Jim, (and others), The search feature is pretty simple to use "IF" you look at the whole page. Just typing the words in the box gives limited results. Be sure to check the date ranges, etc. We are stuck with the default ranges from forumer, so they do need to be adjusted every time. Works well if that is done.

sorekiwi

Grammar and spelling are unimportant, if you have absolutely no pride in your discourse and want to come across as obtuse.

Think I'd rather be regarded as "obtuse" and "having no regard for my discourse", than arrogant, condescending and obnoxious...

Yes - people should search before asking a question....

Yes - the mods do a great and thankless job, AND shouldnt have to waste their time putting out the fires after a personal attack.

Sometimes something is funny to one person and stupid to another.

I wish someone would close this thread....