Guest fireman

The RJ58 Resto has begun

bo dawg

I don't know, but it doesn't look half bad with the engine color the way it is :thumbs: at least the paint on it looks good. But the tractor is fine looking. Good job :thumbs2:

:ychain:

Coadster32

I had a feeling that hood was going on it. Looks good. :thumbs2:

stevebo

i think i would keep the motor that color. looks good to me and different

HorseFixer

Looks good! Ya did an awesome job on the front end parts!

And Im diggin that Electric Start :thumbs:

By the way, Welcome back! :thumbs2: Oh and another thing, A few hundered

dollars my azz! :ychain:

kpinnc

What a beautiful machine. You did a great job! :thumbs2:

Kevin

chamjack

Turned out great! I like the motor that color too. Sets it off and makes it unique :thumbs2:

bitten

Fireman you did an awsome job. Looks real good!!

fireman

Thanks for the comments guys. Duke, ya got me there now that I think about it :thumbs2: . More like a Thousand! But like I tell my wife, I could have bought a rusted out 68 Chevelle for $5000 and put another $10,000 to $20,000 into it. She's actually fine with what I spend on my hobby.

On a side note, I am thinking about making some of the front-end parts and others as a kit. I have to see what kind of interest there is in it.

hounddoghundzsa

You sparked my interest - Going to be starting on my Rj as soon as I finish my 854.

HorseFixer

Thanks for the comments guys. Duke, ya got me there now that I think about it :thumbs: . More like a Thousand!

Jeff those trips to the hardware store and so forth add up quick! Believe me I know! :thumbs2:

kpinnc

You sparked my interest

No kidding, mine too!

I won't be one to tell you what to do with your machine, and I really get peeved when someone else does, BUT!

If that tractor was mine, I wouldn't change a thing. Even the replacement hood gives it a distinct look, and the engine color looks nice with the red. My RJ has a replacement engine like that (only the color, no the ES), and you've got me wanting to leave it alone!

Again, very nice work. :thumbs2:

Kevin

CasualObserver

Very nice Jeff... the stainless parts and the geometric marvel that is your new shift handle look very sharp! :thumbs2:

Do I see 4 bends in that? How long did it take you to get it right? :thumbs:

fireman

Jason,

Took me about 2 hours with a coat hanger getting the geometry correct. Bending the new shift rod only took about 1/2 hour or so.

Kevin,

I like the hood myself. Only problem is I have a 61 Suburban that has a hacked up hood. Hence the reason I bought the NOS one. Next I am going to start getting the forward swept front-end from a 520 I got at the show swapped into the C-81 and then get the loader on it. After that I am going to restore the 702. It's my second favorite round hood.

Jeff

Greg Parnell

Jeff,

Great work and I like the different color engine too! I'm getting ready to start restoring a 702 myself.

What tires do you have on the front?

wallfish

Nice job Jeff! I too like the motor color the way it is.

I also see that you added to the herd.

I have some interest in the front end kit. Could you at least turn me out some clevis pins and bring them to Bill's meet & greet? Just let me know how much if this is possible.

fireman

John,

I will try and get a set done for you by then.

Jeff

acsousa82

Sweet job Jeff. I must have taken about two dozen pics of your RJ at this years show. My father is also trying to mount a K91s on his RJ59 and we were marveling at not only your electric work but all of the stainless. The one thing I didn't see and didn't get in any of my pics is where you mounted the Kohler's voltage regulator, I'm guessing under the hood? Any pics? :thumbs2: :thumbs:

stevebo

Alex,

Now you are not thinking of changing your 753 are you??

fireman

Alex,

Ask and you shall receive:

RJ58Ignition001.jpg

RJ58Ignition002.jpg

RJ58Ignition003.jpg

Butch

Fireman I too think it looks great with the engine color. It stands out better. But it comes down to what you like. As for the 68 Chevelle you're way much better off buying one already done than restoring one yourself unless you want the satisfaction of doing the work yourself.

Butch

S. Jersey

Suburban 550

Great job, Jeff. :thumbs: Looks good the way it is without changin' the engine color. :thumbs2:

acsousa82

Jeff,

Thanks for the pics of the electric work under the hood. One word: WOW! There is certainly no lack of thought in this tractor. Hope you don't mind if we steal an idea or two off you for our RJ engine swap. :thumbs2:

Now you are not thinking of changing your 753 are you??

Steve,

Never, I want to be buried on that tractor. :thumbs:

MikesRJ

Very nicely done, Jeff. :thumbs2:

pezsox

not sure if these posts ever close but I sure could use some front end parts if you are still making them....

VinsRJ

not sure if these posts ever close but I sure could use some front end parts if you are still making them....

What woud you be looking for... PM me