Sign in to follow this  
Ian928

My Brothers Gutbrod 2060

Ian928

Thought I would share a picture of my brosthers tractor, a German Gutbrod 2060. I guess most of you are americans and that the Gutbrod brand is maybe not very familiar?

This is really a nice tractor, it is built like a big tractor and has a cast frame with 3-speed high and low ratios, difflock, twin brakes, adjustable trackwidth, a 16hp inline two cylinder engine and hydraulics.

Maybe not the best looking tractor but not the worst I have seen either. It is nice to ride and that difflock is really something I miss on my Wheel Horses. He's been having problems with it lately though, it sometimes drop one cylinder, the plug gets wet. We have tried to change coils, plugs and wires between cylinders but the same thing happens. As both coils get triggered by the same signal we now believe it may be carburettor problems, but as to why always the same cylinder drops we don't know...

Maybe somebody here has one?

99257520_b1b8cd1839_b.jpg

pond195520032003

Ian, Guthbrod built a tractor for wheel horse labeled as the D-250! you will find them in the photo gallery :whistle: hope your brother gets it figured out :thumbs:

they have a 4cylinder renualt engine!

here is a couple pics http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2742

• Like 1

Teddy da Bear

I think it is a nice looking tractor...

Thanks for sharing.

.5racer

I'd look at the springs to the valves to see if you got a week one or a valve hanging up , maybe not seating right.

wildman

that's different.I would have to say i don't have one of those rigs in my back 40!

Ian928

Ian, Guthbrod built a tractor for wheel horse labeled as the D-250! you will find them in the photo gallery :whistle: hope your brother gets it figured out :thumbs:

they have a 4cylinder renualt engine!

here is a couple pics http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2742

I didn't know that! It is the same tractor as the Gutbrod 2500S:

php8g3wyH.jpg

d250002.jpg

Ian928

I'd look at the springs to the valves to see if you got a week one or a valve hanging up , maybe not seating right.

That is a good idea! I will tell him to look into that.

clintonnut

Does your friend live in the US. I would love to have a 2500 if he had sources.

Charlie

Ian928

Does your friend live in the US. I would love to have a 2500 if he had sources.

Charlie

No he lives in Norway like me!

There are sometimes some for sale on Ebay.de, but of course then comes the transport costs.

My brother just stumbled upon his 2060 on a autojumble, there are not that many here in Norway either.

RPJ

There is a new Gutbrod Owner's web site at www.gutbrod.co There are many Gutbrod owners in the US. The site has manuals and parts lists for most classic (pre-1995) models. There is also a gallery and forum. Drop in and say hello.

Cheers.

RPJ

Don1977

You say you have changed coils, how long does that cylinder run before it quits. Does this engine have ground wires run to the coils to stop the engine. I had a bare ground wire to short one cylinder out. If nothing is wrong with it electrical, I would say you have broke or worn rings.