Racinbob

Axle retaining snap ring

Racinbob

I've been giving the C-160 a much needed going over and found a multitude of things that needed to be done before I put her back in service. I pulled the front wheels to clean up and replace the bearings. The original B/C series utilized a bolt in the end of the axle but these have been replaced since it was mine last. The axles now use an external snap ring.  After I got all the grease cleaned off I noticed that the groove in the axle was much wider than usual and required a wider snap ring. The correct one is about 1/16" thick and one axle was correct. the other one had a 'typical' snap ring that was too thin. I looked at a couple other models looking for one that used these and didn't find one. Rather than searching all the models known to Cecil Pond can any of you guys give me a part number for this wide snap ring? I can double up with what I have while i finish up my repairs have but I don't want to work it like that. :)

Edited by Racinbob

squonk

Yup! Heavy washers, snap rings, axle keys, funky headed bolts, McMaster-Carr is DA BOMB! :banana-wrench:

• Like 3

Racinbob

It no longer amazes me that I learn something new everyday on this forum. I've never run across these things before. My first reaction when I saw the wide groove was :bitch:but a closer look told me it was made that way. Paul is being so kind to fix me up for now but I need to keep McMaster Carr in mind. A big :text-thankyouyellow: to Paul. :)

• Like 4