Sign in to follow this  
BairleaFarm

A couple RJ questions

BairleaFarm

Whats the shift pattern on a RJ 58 and why the frame mods on both my RJs? See the notch cut out - they both are like that. I would assume to clear a deck?

1-24-08.jpg

stevinator

Somebody will give you more info here I'm sure,but that frame and trans are different than my rj58.That must be an earlier version. :thumbs:

evanloock

Looks like you have a RJ-35 (1955-1957) that someone totally FUBARed!!!

Jim_M

That's not an RJ58 frame as far as I can tell.

linen beige

David, Here's the shift pattern on my 1054A. It's the same pattern for your RJ-58.

HPIM04531-1.jpg

I have no clue what is up with the frame mods on your RJ-35 and RJ-58. The guy you bought them from told me they had both been used as pullers. That may also mean the tranny on your RJ-58 is toasted. I'd suggest making yourself as familiar as possible with CORRECT versions of both models BEFORE you start cutting things off the frames to return them to original. There were some small tabs and the like original to them that could look like add ons. I may be able to get you some good pics of my RJ-58 when it warms up a bit, but she's buried in the back of my shed right now. And the shed is buried under my ice covered hemlock tree. I don't have an RJ-35 to compare yours to. Somebody beat me to the last one sold near here. :thumbs:

sorekiwi

There's a few pictures of both models in the picture gallery, David.

I have an RJ58 if you need any close ups or dimensions of anything. I'd love a 35, but dont have one...

BairleaFarm

That's not an RJ58 frame as far as I can tell.

Pictures is the RJ35 No pics of the RJ58 - sorry for the confusion. The tranny on the 58 seemed to roll fine and shifted in all the gears(just pushing it through the yard). As cobbled up as both these are I dont know what to do with them. I dont have the knowledge to restore them. I may get the 58 drivable (seems with the lack of pulleys on either tractor this would be easier), Fix the hood, and leave it at that for the time being.