Sign in to follow this  
MaineDad

Throwing Snow At Night - Video

MaineDad

Last Wednesday night after work, I jumped on the C-160 and proceeded to remove about 10 inches of snow. The weather experts called for 18 to 24 inches of snow during this storm, so I thought I needed to take car of this storm in two stages. When I finished the driveway and backyard paths, it was still snowing well so I thought I would wake up the next morning with another 10 plus inches. We ended up getting only another 3 inches

Click the link to see the video;

http://www.gardentractorgardening.com

Sparky

Great video Micah! I gotta learn to post videos someday :thumbs: .

One thing I did notice is that it seemed like you throttled the tractor up and then engaged the PTO for the blower. I was told to engage the PTO at a lower engine speed and after the blower( or deck) was running to throttle up to operating speed. This was supposed to extend the life of the clutch disk by engaging at a slower speed like you would in a standard transmission car.

Any thoughts guys.......am I way off base?

Mike......

KyBlue

As with your other videos.. Great Job! :thumbs: Looks like that thrower is doin a bang up job for ya!!

Kelly

Sparky I would agree, also the shock load on all the parts involved would be less, nice video, but I'm about tired of snow for the year.

Rideawaysenior

Micah.

Love the Snoopy hat with the aviator goggles. I shouldn't tease. I weat a knot hat with one of them yarn balls on top. :thumbs: Thats really good vid. Those head lights are very bright too. Did you replace the bulbs with 55w halogens? They look way too bright to be stock.

Jack

Sarge

Great video , that taller chute really does help with distance ....

Sarge

TJ

Love the show, but I'm tired of the snow.

Operator

Great video! Rubber chains working good too. Now about those headlights?

WheelHorse_of_course

Micah.

So are you finding the Hydro to be nice for this winter work?

MaineDad

Yeah I love the hydro because it takes less time to do the job. I can even go slower than low 1 if necessary. I just don't like the small leaks I can't stop in the tranny :thumbs:

The headlights are the newer 55 halogens from Napa. They look brighter on the video than they really are, but are much better than the originals.

The rubber tire chains are working great! They are more expensive than regular chains but worth it to me because of the no driveway scratching.

Stigian

Nice vid Micah :thumbs:

I need to move to somewhere that has enough snow so i can get me a snowblower :whistle:

Old Iron

Thanks for the footage!! Throwin' snow looks fun!! :thumbs: :banana:

bk-scouter

The rubber tire chains are working great! They are more expensive than regular chains but worth it to me because of the no driveway scratching.

Micah-

How long have you had them on, and how well are they holding up compared to chains? I'd be interested in seeing what shape they are in after the winter season. For that price it would great if they can be used for a few years. I just noticed the marks at the end of my concrete driveway this morning when I left for work :thumbs:

-BK

Nick

Nice video and as always very good work on the Garden tractor blog. :thumbs: Looking forward to the spring gardening installments.

MaineDad

Micah-

How long have you had them on, and how well are they holding up compared to chains? I'd be interested in seeing what shape they are in after the winter season. For that price it would great if they can be used for a few years. I just noticed the marks at the end of my concrete driveway this morning when I left for work :thumbs:

-BK

BK,

The rubber tire chains look like they are holding up just fine. I'll make sure I post about their condition at the end of the season. I will try to use them in the garden this spring to test them in soil conditions too.

MaineDad

Nick,

I'm looking forward to my spring blog posts too :thumbs: That will mean it's warmer out :whistle: