Team70R

606 with electric start

Team70R

Two of my 606's both have battery trays and electric start. Both with factory 606 tags. Now my question is why not just get a 656 from the dealer ship? Was it cheaper to get a 606 and upgrade the starter? Both have the proper key ignition switches as well. 

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Probably because a lot of people couldn't justify the electric start at the initial purchase... these machines were comparatively expensive to purchase new, even back in the day. So I would imagine that some people opted for the most economical model they could, and perhaps just upgraded to electric after the first one blew up, when they could afford it, or when they got tired of pulling the rope!  I'm sure the dealers didn't mind having a couple spare take-off or trade-in engines around to sell for those people who couldn't afford a new one.

• Like 3

Team70R

Very good point! I used an inflation calculator to see exactly how much they would cost in today's world and it's absolutely crazy! Guess that's why there are so many left though. After spending that much money you couldn't afford to throw it away and buy a new one. Had to keep if going!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Steelspinner76
      By Steelspinner76
      Just picked up a wheel horse 606 looks to be pretty complete someone has put a different cover on it and mounted a snow blower style electric start. but everything looks solid and the engine turns over. looking forward to bringing it back.  Any things i should look out for on this model
      Weak points wear points ect Here is a pic as it is now just arriving home this morning
    • Team70R
      By Team70R
      Well I scored a free 4" linear actuator from a combine so I went ahead a built an electric rear lift. It's not the fastest thing but it definitely beats manually lifting! Right now it's just set up for my grader blade but I will be getting my cultivator and disc to work with it as well.  Blade lifts to almost 5"

• Team70R
      By Team70R
      Thinking about setting up an electric actuator for my rear hitch on my C165. I was wondering if I could put it up under the belly of the tractor and hook the rear cable to it and leave the manual lift handle for the mower deck. Would a 330 pound capacity actuator be enough?
    • Bttatro
      By Bttatro
      I have seen these 36" gear driven decks on short frame tractors and lawn rangers alike.  And I happen to have one off a lawn ranger, but have a 606 I'd like to put it on.   Is this possible?   Or do I need some substantial modifications? 

Thanks! 
    • Bttatro
      By Bttatro
      The title pretty much sums it up.  I picked up lawn ranger? carcass for $20 in hopes the deck will work on my 606.  It looks like they both use the attach-o-mattic, but I could be wrong.

Any help is appreciated.  Also if anyone needs parts let me know. It doesn't have an engine, fuel tank, hood, front rims, or probably other things too.  (Maybe I should just list what it does have, might be shorter)

Thanks!