elcamino/wheelhorse

Pto Clutch facing

elcamino/wheelhorse

Any one know where I can purchase facing material for PTO clutch. Looked a threads but only found it mentioned once.

elcamino/wheelhorse

Thanks , I was hoping  to get the material replace what is on the there now.

N3PUY

I can get it locally at a industrial brake relining company.

The last 7"x7" piece I got was $1.

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

@N3PUYIf you could do me a favor and pick up 5 pieces , I will pay for your time and all shipping costs.

• Like 1

WHX??

There was a really good thread on replacing it I saw once but for the love of me can't remember by who or find that thread. It might have been in a resto thread. I'll keep looking.

• Like 2

roadapples
1 hour ago, N3PUY said:

Bettin` you could triple your money at the Big Show....:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse
48 minutes ago, WHX11 said:

There was a really good thread on replacing it I saw once but for the love of me can't remember by who or find that thread. It might have been in a resto thread. I'll keep looking.

I found one by Portuguese Farmer dated 3/30/2016 Titled  c-120 PTO Clutch reline and rebuild . Excellent thread.

• Like 4

jay bee

@WHX11 I think this is the thread you were looking for.  A friend and I just did this same re-line and it worked out great.

Jim

• Like 4

WHX??

That might have been the one Jimbo.. All I remember is he did a really nice job and had good pics. 

Yup thats the one Jimbo 2...Thanks... we got to many Jims here!....Should get you going Jimbo1!:lol:

jay bee

@WHX11 You can never have too many Jims :ROTF: 

Jim

• Like 1

857 horse
6 minutes ago, jay bee said:

@WHX11 You can never have too many Jims :ROTF: 

Jim

All looks normal here,,,,,,but I can tell you 1 thing,,,,,,

Just ask whx11  where he will be ,,,the week after fathers day,,,,,,,,   YUP...........lloololololol   AND HE WONT BE AT NO  GYM !!!!!!!!

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

I don't care  you call me. The Squonk has called me Waldo and other unprintable names at the BS last year.

1 hour ago, N3PUY said:

@N3PUY Based on McMaster price you could charge double your price about and I would be happy. You could be the Forum's newest vendor.

• Like 3

123GO

Gluing new lining on an old plate is the cheapest way to go but in case members (maybe name Jim) wants a brand new PTO due to added time/hassle, there are China PTO clutch plates sold much cheaper than $150 OEM today.

Both ways worked very well for me, I glued one together last yr on my old B100-8 thats doing fine. This yr I bought a brand new China made clutch assembly off Ebay ($29) for my 414-8.

Fyi- I see another HD version is out now for about $65, I actually see several models on there now. 

I got the reg version & if it lasts half what my original PTO did I'm happy since my old arse won't be around to replace it again with my bad health by then. My OEM was 35yrs old, highly doubtful these last anything like it, but its working perfectly now.

Basic China PTO Assembly:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/394793185154?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=86segr3pqmo&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=jdKlBQXkQjq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Heavy Duty China PTO Assembly:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/305031081242?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=0eJTTZldQxi&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=jdKlBQXkQjq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

midpack

I found a nice lining that's round already and about 1/8" larger OD than original with a smaller ID, which allows more contact area. Can't remember where I got it and I'm not at home right now. I won't be home for another week and a half but I'll check then

davem1111

I've used these to re-line my PTO clutches on 2 tractors. The OD is a little smaller, but I don't have a problem with that.  To me the worst case is I get some uneven wear on my bell, which can be smoothed out later.

They've done well, although I'm not 100% sure I'm not getting some slippage under heavy load (tall grass).  Blades seem to slow down a bit and I have to back off to get back up to speed. Could be belt slipping....

https://www.zoro.com/a-i-products-friction-discclutch-lining-628-od-4-id-6-x6-x1-a-36f45/i/G701702262/

Also, this is the adhesive I used.  It's already come in handy for some other uses:

https://www.zoro.com/pliobond-voc-compliant-adhesive-25lv-12-pt-pbc-25-lv/i/G5252886/

Edited by davem1111