Sign in to follow this  
fritz

what makes it better

fritz

Hey,

How is every one today? Well Mr Bill. I got your magizine. You are a really good writer. Thank you. When do you need it back? Did you see the yellow Wheel Horse crawler? Id love to find on of those with a dozer blade on it. :thumbs: I have started my power point presentation. If any one would like to see what i have so far I could try to send it. So just PM me with your email. Thank you everyone.

Your Freind

Devin S.

fritz

Hey,

Well i found out when my presentation is due. It is due on February 16. The outline and citations are dueon February 10. I hate it when teachers want us to show our prgress. I wish we could just work through it. But any ways. I will repost some of my qustions I have.

1. Why did wheel horse close the doors? Was it any ones fault?

2. Where can I find a list of attachements?

3. What are the TRUE Wheel horse colours?

4. What is the most useful model that could use almost all the attachments?

Thank you. When I get a chance Mr. Jon i will try to get to your house and borrow that book and magizine if that is still okay. That hub was not any good. Thank you again Mr. Bill.

Devin :whistle::thumbs: I dont like school work. :whistle:

CasualObserver

Devin... I'll give you my opinion on your questions, hopefully a few others will chime in as well, and you can take the best of what you want.

1 - Wheel Horse didn't close the doors, they sold the company... Wasn't anyone's fault, it's just the nature of business.

2 - Depends on what list you want? The original 22 attachments can be found in this old thread, along with discussion of some aftermarket ones as well. What are the 22 attachments?

3 - Again, depends on the era you're referring to. Early Wheel Horse was just a shade off from International Farmall Red, and there have been a few wheel colors from black to silver to linen beige.

4 - Most useful model would be a C-160. Was a basic long frame tractor that had plenty of power and utilized probably the most broad range of factory and after-market attachments available.

fritz

Well, how is everyone doing today? Well I have a problem with my research persuasive speech. We have to research the other side of the argument. I dont know how to. Should i go to a John Deere forum or a International Cub site? What would be a good argument that they would bring up that I could fight with my arguement? Here are a few more qustions tat i think are opinions alittle bit.

1. Do you think that more 1960's and 1970's Wheel horses are going than John Deeres, Cub Cadets and other brands? Or are there more other brands still going?

2. Where is the most popular place in the country for Wheel Horses?

3. Does everyone agree that the C160 would be about the most useful?

Thank you,

Devin

I am going to be doing research to. If I find something to answer those qustions I will post on here and make sure they are correct.

nylyon

My personal take would be to contrast the Wheel Horse with a box store brand such as Craftsman. In my neck of the woods, most home owners here have Craftsman and MTD. The newer non-horse tractors around here generally last between 3-5 years. Many of my neighbors have had 2 or 3 Craftsman's while my daily 416-H still runs like new.

Horses are not popular in Southeast NY, but I suspect that the mid-west is most popular for Wheel Horse.

Although I love my C-160, I would think that the newer 520's are slightly better since they can handle the 60" mower deck as well as ALL the other attachments which the C-160 can, with slightly more power and stability (See Eldon's C-520 FEL for example)

MaineDad

Perhaps one argument that can be made for IH Cub Cadets, is that it is a direct decedent of the agricultural big brother the Farmall Cub. People could assume that it is a better product because of it's affiliation with Farmall IH.