Sign in to follow this  
fritz

what makes it better

here 4 the horses

WHY does everyone talk down to techumse?!?!?!......it makes me mad..not saying any names!...but i have 2 and they would out last any kohler. and out pull any!.....they run just as good as anyhting and one of them is a pulling tractor!.........so i think wheels horse is the best because there the most simplest tractor to operate and chacnge attachments!..thanks jeff

BPjunk

please record your speech to mister bp. :thumbs: o well i got one more thing. i need a book resource. i dont know where a copy of straight from the horses mouth. but is there any way i could download it and just read it on my computer?? or a magizine articlewould work if i could find one?? well if any one has any ideas please tell me. thank you all

devin

Devin,

The book "Straight From the Horse's Mouth: The Wheel Horse Story" is still for sale so I don't think the author would like it scanned and put up on the internet for people to read for free. You can find cpoies of the book on ebay for sale once in a while.

I did write a article for Lawn and Garden Collecor Magazine on Wheel Horse model designations but not one on the history yet.

E-mail me a mailing address and I will send you a copy of Lawn and Garden Collector Magazine with a copy of one of my columns "Riding Horses with Wild Bill" in it, that way your will have all bases covered for your project.

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

bell

WHY does everyone talk down to techumse?!?!?!......it makes me mad..not saying any names!...

Jeff, don't take me seriously... I like the TECUMSEH ones too... just not as much. (because I'm not smart enough to master the tricky Tecy carbs lol)

Would like to see the one in your sig though.... A 6hp Tecumseh pushing 15 HORSE POWER! :thumbs: WOW, did you put a supercharger on that thing?

Devin, I wish I'd known about this speech... I have the "Straight from the Horse's Mouth" (2nd edition) That you could've borrowed. When's the speech? Maybe you could make another trip over to my house? :whistle:

CasualObserver

Devin how about this magazine article? Horse of a Different Color. It's in Farm Collector magazine, December 2005.

WheelHorse_of_course

please record your speech to mister bp. :thumbs: o well i got one more thing. i need a book resource. i dont know where a copy of straight from the horses mouth. but is there any way i could download it and just read it on my computer?? or a magizine articlewould work if i could find one?? well if any one has any ideas please tell me. thank you all

devin

Ask your school or local library if they can borrow a copy via the "Interlibrary Loan" system. Tell them it is for a school project.

I recall doing a persuasive speech in college about the campus radio station. Another student in the class got involved and eventually became the General Manager!

Rod(NASNUT)

Devin look the book up on E-Bay and tell the author what you are doing and maybe I say maybe he will send you a copy to use for your speech :thumbs:

Teddy da Bear

I often wondered if that book made it's way into the

library system.

nylyon

but i need some ones approval to use this site since it is a forum and i have to cite my sources. like one or two mods would work.

Feel free to quote the site, all we ask in return is that you post your completed speech. I for one look forward to what you have to say!

fritz

Hey every one,

how is every one tonite. well mr teddy i know i told you i would work on my grammer and spelling. but on this i dont think i am gonna be able to. i will try my best. mainly i wont be able to is becouse thisis going to be a very very long one. i got alot of qusrions. i will start my qustions rite now. well myabe. i want to say thank you all before i get started. you have all been great help. i aint gonna say who helped me the most becousethat is un fair. but you have all helped me a great deal as a whole. thank you

1. what is a Tri-Fecta of durability? ease of use ? ease of service. are they all awards?? if so where can i find more information about them?

2. why did wheel horse close the doors? was it any ones fault?

3. may i ask who said i was a talented student? who ever said that. thank you

4. how would i do a pull off on my own? and what type of otherbrand should i use?

5. would it be okay to kinda be like a sales man? like act like im trying to sell wheel horses to my class mates.

6. where can i find a whole list of all the attachments?

7.what could i do for a demonstration if i cant do the pull off?

8. what type of picturs should i use?

9.who wrote straight from the horses mouth? how would i be able to get ahold of him? and if i cant get ahold of him would i be able to borrow your book mr bell?

10. do you all mind if i say thank you to you all in my report?

it is a power point presentation i have to do. i did pm mr chris about using the information on the forum. and he said i could as long as i quit calling him mr chris. :whistle: i dont know if i would have enough guts to actually do a assembly. much less this speech. :thumbs: i will try to get my speech vidio taped. or i will post a copy of the speech. becouse i am gonna have it all written out before i do it. we do still use pencils. well once in a while :whistle: usually texts messages. im just messing about that :dunno: i want to thank you all for every thing. i have learned alot. thank you. sorry that this is to long.

your freind

devin

TJ

The word "Tri-Fecta" is a gambling term from horse racing. It involves a wager on the finishing order of the top three horses in a race. If you pick the correct order of finish, you will usually receive a large payoff on your wager.

In the context of a Wheel Horse tractor, the payoff is as described; durability, ease of use, and ease of service. Three major selling points when they were new, and three major reasons why many of them are still running strong after fifty years of service.

bell

Devin, you can borrow my book... See if you can find a way over to my house. I also have the "Farm Collector" magazine with the PA show feature... You could also borrow it. As long as I would get them back, I'd love to help out. :thumbs:

here 4 the horses

''BELL''............yes its hitting 15 horse!...its the one in my default picture...as soon as i figure out this photobucket thing here ill post some pictures of it!..u should here it run!. it sounds almost like a chevy small block ideling..lol....and yes much apprieciated because i didnt think i would like those motors either but i turned out to really like them!..jeff :thumbs:

Teddy da Bear

<------guilty on question #3 :thumbs:

Grammar, spelling and punctuation count on the long and short

speeches Devin..... Am I going to have to call your teacher?? :whistle:

I hope powerpoint has a spell check.

I was wondering how difficult or ridiculous it would be to bring

in a small 4 speed tranny (totally cleaned up of course) and show

the internal workings? From a previous post it was a wheel horse

innovation for the inline gearing it had. Maybe due to bulk and

weight it is not realistic though. Anyone have a cut a way pictorial

of a tranny? The toro drawings are no good because they are

exploded isometric. It would get confusing for most.

I know that the kids would be interested in the Hot-Rodded

wheel horse pullers... Could we get some pics of those?

A pull-off is out of the question for you Devin.... (school

insurance and such if you got hurt) The school would never

consider it.

Devin...your not going to try to sell a wheel horse....you should

focus on just the idea of what makes a wheel horse better than

other tractors out there. Don't stray from your main goal.

Mike

bell

Devin, there is a pic of a "cutaway" 8-speed in the farm collector mag. that I have... Also, I think most of the pics are on the "Farm Collector Magazine" website...

Btw, I think the cutaway tranny belongs to Wild Bill....

boovuc

I believe the "Wheel Horse Story" is available in a lot of local librarys. I'm almost certain I saw it years ago at the Ross Library in Lock Haven, PA and I know it was in my old High School Library. (Bald Eagle Nittany). Not to be confused with the inferior but similar sounding institution near Julian and Milesburg, Pa. :thumbs:

Good Luck on your presentation and look in your local public libraries for the book!

jepruis

Teddy, Red does go fasterAsk my son, red doge stealth, When he got a speeding ticket from the local law the officer said," I knew I'd get you one of these days".

I told him the car was arrest me red when he dought it.

fritz

Hey,

What model should I use on the front page of my presentation??

thank you.

devin

im leaning towards a late 60s charger or raider or something. but i cant decide between those or a round hood. or a 520 h with a front end loader. :thumbs:

Rod(NASNUT)

devin Use the Round Hood :thumbs:

fritz

I used 6 diffrent ones. 58 rj 58, 62 702, 66 1076, 1976 b100, c 125 hydro, 2007 classic gt. i figured show them all :thumbs:

bell

GOOD IDEA! :thumbs:

linen beige

If it's for the front cover why not a '46 lever steer? Present it breifly as "The one that started it all" and segway into the Wheel Horse models you've written about in detail.

fritz

I will include a lever steer and it will say the one that started it all. It will be in the histroy of the tractors. but I cant speak to long about the history. I just have to persuade them that Wheel Horse is better then all the other brands. Who was Wheel Horses biggest competitor?? During the 60's through 2007? What about there first few years of buisness?? Any volenteers for a lever steer photo?? ( whos can i use?

thank you

devin

linen beige

It's hard to say who their biggest competitor was. May be more effective to point out the inovations introduced by Wheel Horse that so many other brands tried to imitate. For example, even after all these years no one else has a better system of mounting attachments.

Teddy da Bear

Yes Devin,

If there is room on the page....

I would put a picture of Elmer and Cecil Pond.

And superimpose a lever steer, a suburban, a 60's square hood,

a 70's C-series, an 80's blackhood and so on....underneath

their pictures.

I am sure someone out there would have a picture of them.

John Deere was likely their biggest competitor during the 60's.

I had heard that trouble started when Kubota was allowed to

flood the American market with a like-sized tractor. The ones

that were determined to buy wheel horse...bought wheel horse.

The ones determined to buy Deeres...bought Deeres...

The ones undecided....were pursuaded to buy the Kubotas...

Wheel horse lost that little share of their potential market. And

in bad economic times....every share counts. And every loss hurts.

Operator

I've been watching this unfold since the first posting, very interesting young man you are Fritz. To put in abit more could you compare some of the other small tractor companies as far as when they started how sales did, when sales went down hill type of comparison. IH Cub Cadet, Case, JD, MF, Just some of the more well known ones, not the box store brand. When is your presentation? Just my two cents worth.

Randy