Sign in to follow this  
Whispertje

Pictures Wheel Horse 227-5 and attachments

Sparky

Looks good. So what can you tell me about those headlights? I like em! I assume their not factory. Did you mount them up? Can we get a picture of the inside of the hood.

Mike..........

TJ

Looks good. So what can you tell me about those headlights? I like em! I assume their not factory. Did you mount them up? Can we get a picture of the inside of the hood.

Mike..........

Sparky beat me to the question, but I was interested in the same thing.

Great pictures. I like the presentation. :thumbs:

KyBlue

Very nice Slideshow.. :thumbs:

wh500special

That's a neat tractor, and not one that was ever available in the US.

Looks like an updated model of our early 200/B-vertical series lawn tractors. But there are some 250/YT-12A series traits in there too. What leaps out at me as being really particularly unique are the manual PTO clutch and the extra wide hood stand. Our early 200's had a similar PTO whereas the later 250's were electric but were also exclusively hydro transmissions. Neither had that hoodstand from what I recall seeing.

Must be a Kawasaki 17 hp engine I suppose like that used on the 257-H. And they must have kept the tiller compatible transaxle from the original B (vertical) and 200 series which disappeared here around 1986.

Most of the guys here concentrate mostly on the horizontal shaft tractors, but I am so delighted you posted this because I never knew there was a 220 series! Amazing what can be learned here.

Thanks,

Steve

Duff

Very, very nice! Thanks for sharing! :whistle:

Duff :thumbs:

Whispertje

That's a neat tractor, and not one that was ever available in the US.

Looks like an updated model of our early 200/B-vertical series lawn tractors. But there are some 250/YT-12A series traits in there too. What leaps out at me as being really particularly unique are the manual PTO clutch and the extra wide hood stand. Our early 200's had a similar PTO whereas the later 250's were electric but were also exclusively hydro transmissions. Neither had that hoodstand from what I recall seeing.

Must be a Kawasaki 17 hp engine I suppose like that used on the 257-H. And they must have kept the tiller compatible transaxle from the original B (vertical) and 200 series which disappeared here around 1986.

Most of the guys here concentrate mostly on the horizontal shaft tractors, but I am so delighted you posted this because I never knew there was a 220 series! Amazing what can be learned here.

Thanks,

Steve

"I never knew there was a 220 series".

In this serie there are 2 other models:

212-5 (12hp) and 222-5 (14hp)

I'll put some pictures in the Wheel Horse picture gallery.

Nick

Not sure how I missed this post. Nice pictures in the sideshow. Also always interesting to see tractor or attachment models we did not get here in the US. :thumbs: