thehorse

HELP! Storing snow blowers in shed????

thehorse

I am looking for a way to store 2 single stage snow blowers up off the floor so I can park a tractor in shed under them. Walls are studded on 16 in. centers. Any ideas??? Corner shelves of some type????

• Like 1

JPWH

You could use a wall ledger then post far enough apart to park a tractor between them. If the roof structure is strong enough hang all thread down to a shelf.

• Like 6

thehorse

pfrederi....,that's showing off!!!!!

lol

i have a sky crane ordered from harbor freight!

image.jpg

• Like 6

JPWH

How much does a snowblower weigh? 

smoreau

Build a loft and pick it a block and tackle setup and you should be fine

• Like 5

thehorse

That's what I was thinking?!!

how much does a blower weigh is about another hernia! Lol

• Like 2

smoreau

Did this in my shed and hooked the rope to the hitch of the tractor to do all the lifting. It helps to have a helper to push the blower on the shelf as you back up to lower the blower. Should be able to pick one at any hardware. Blower is around 150 I believe 

• Like 2

thehorse

Ok

thanks all!

Ed Kennell

Just buy more horses and keep the blowers on them.   Then PM Craig for the plans to build a magic shed.   :rolleyes:

• Like 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Ed Kennell are the plans for the magic shed on line ? Following the advice of my father " don't throw away anything , you will need it in the future " , my current storage /working area can be described as a 5 lb. bag with 10 lbs. of stuff in it:wacko:.

• Like 2

608KEB
2 hours ago, thehorse said:

pfrederi....,that's showing off!!!!!

lol

i have a sky crane ordered from harbor freight!

image.jpg

Block and tackle  or a 1/4 or 1/2 ton chain hoist. put lag bolts through your storage shelf studs. Also secure the rafters with lag bolts.  a snow thrower probably weighs 150-175 lbs. That's just a guess.

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

This little beauty will lift 30 inches. You could lift it in stages with a few concrete blocks used as cribbing I use the crap out of mine using it to lift the Horses to a comfortable height or as the base for an adjustable height welding table. It is one of those tools you keep inventing uses for

http://www.harborfreight.com/high-position-motorcycle-lift-99887.html

I have been thinking about making a larger version of it by adding some parts  to an engine crane.  You could lift and  store wheel Horse tractors right on heavy duty wall shelves or hang a good looking one with some hidden mechanical issues as wall art on the wall of your man cave five feet off the floor.

I think if anyone could take my idea and make it work they could sell lots of plans to people wanting to build one

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

I think Farmers idea of using an engine lift would work great for placing items in a shelf.

46219_700x700.jpg

thehorse

Well the "loft" is done! As you can see, I have 2 blowers, a 36rd deck, some gas cans and a few other odds and ends up there. Thank goodness with my neighbors help, two 40 something year old men were able to heft the blowers into place! Now there's room for 2 horses and a Big Bear!

IMG_0655.JPG

• Like 5

Ed Kennell

Wow, your neighbor must also be a "Horse" .      Looks good!:text-bravo:

• Like 1

HorseFixer

Personally I like to keep My Blower dedicated and on the Tractor. :handgestures-thumbupright:  Cause there seems to be to many SNOWFLAKES around all year Long!   :ychain:

• Like 1