Adams94

520h with 60" deck

Adams94

Dad recently bought a 520h from a friend of his that was the first owner, it has the 60" deck on it.   Great tractor but when mowing around trees and things he noticed the front end would slide some, is this common?

• Like 1

HokieAg07

Yes, cant make super tight turns with the deck down as it will push the front end. 

• Like 2

lynnmor

The OEM tires aren't the best for traction.  I have SuperTurf tires now and they are better.

• Like 1

EricMassey

I have the same set up and recently put v61 5 rib tires in the front and firestone flotation 23's in the rear. It will still skid the front a little but nothing like it used to with the factory turf tires. 

IMG_2461.JPG

IMG_2444.JPG

IMG_2447.JPG

• Like 4

Adams94

Thanks 

• Like 1

Pollack Pete

Give me the 60 inch deck and you won't have that problem any more.Nice tractor.Love the Onan's.

• Like 3

Adams94
55 minutes ago, Pollack Pete said:

Give me the 60 inch deck and you won't have that problem any more.Nice tractor.Love the Onan's.

I just might do that haha or maybe not,  It is a great mowing machine just need to make it not slip as much

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

That weight hanger (still waiting on those couple extra dimensions) you had made for the bagger models with 50# or so would help slot as well as new set of front tires, those Dico did what they were intended but I like my new front tires 100% better for holding while turning, Jeff.

• Like 1