Ed Kennell

Another What's It Worth ?

WHX??

Now do I hear two fifty now three now three now three....  now sold to......number ..lets see your number son.. SOLD.. number 7208! :lol:

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

I know it's not high tech Duke, but here is my REDNECK heater. 

It does keep the cab (measured at the windshield) 30-35 degrees above outside temp.  The right leg is a few clicks warmer.  :angry-extinguishflame:

IMG_3078.thumb.JPG.a19b44c72dbe85451a7a2f6ffdc575eb.JPGIMG_4139.thumb.JPG.aeecf58a0a708313d7d0563ea1bd2c3e.JPGIMG_5359.thumb.JPG.d991822a10844d7c9469d31ffeb8abf6.JPG

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

OK Guys, the bids are in.  4-5 guys bid it up to $1000, and it appeared it would be sold, then #7208 jumped in and  ran it up to $1400 and left it go for $1450.

This same rig sold here 3 years ago for $3600, and was sold again 2 years ago for $1800, and now for $1450.   Maybe next year.   :confusion-shrug:

The winner...the auctioneer that sold it three times and made close to 2 grand.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 2

HorseFixer

HOT DAMN! I hate being right all the time!  :banana-linedance::banana-linedance::banana-linedance:

• Like 1

clueless
2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

The winner...the auctioneer that sold it three times and made close to 2 grand.

Is his name Trump?

• Like 2

WHX??

I'm not gettin it Ed ....why so low this time and why does it keep coming up for sale?? A black... err red.. sheep?? It looked to be in really good shape so why do PO's (want to) get rid of it? Obivously PO's ain't been putting hours on it or using it proper?? I guess I need to be Ed ucated about auctions,,,,did I mention I hate auctions!!! Is this some kind of auction house where they take things in on consignment? Why wouldn't a PO just throw it on CL or evil bay or the good ole classifieds in the paper and not take the beating of the auctioneers gavel?? Somethin just don't smell right in Denmark to me.

Ya you were right Duke ...I'll eat that crow!!...did I mention I hate auctions!

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

Well I know if it were mine my left arm would be like Popeye's but my right still scrawny, then the chute rotator is also on that side just way too much going on there, do like Ed and Duke said buy it swap out the deuce and cab on a sweet 520H find a deck and find it a new home or keep it to mow or plow a garden,  but I'm spoiled with hydraulics so that's where I stand, Jeff.

• Like 2

WHX??

Thats what I was actually trying to say Billy... the sum of the parts is worth more than the whole but don't get me wrong I would have NEVER parted it out  so quit thinking that! LOL

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

I can't explain it Jim.  Why Anyone would pay 3600 and sell it a year later for 1800.  And the auctioneer told me there was only a $700 reserve on it today. So If I had not been there, it would have sold for a grand today.

To my knowledge, everything worked as it should.    Like Duke and Jeff , my plan was to part it out and end up with a free deuce, but the numbers just weren't there.

I think the reason some of these items go to an auction vs CL or local paper ads. is that a lot of people can't deal with the phone calls, lookers, and low ballers. 

Usually the bulk of the auction sales are from estates and a lot of the time, prices are determined by the presents or absents of family members that have sentimental ties to some items.

Example, I saw a 14" cast iron skillet sell for $675 last week.

No horse followed me home today, but I did get a 0.5 to 6" l set of Fowlers telescope gages, a box of craftsman sockets, a set of nut drivers, and a nice ridge reamer, all for $30.

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Ed Kennell Well you did not come home empty handed or with an empty wallet. I think you guys have more auctions in PA them we do here. Our uncle in Bedford Pa is always talking about auctions. Down here there are more estate sales with set prices. Of course there aren't many tools for sale and no :wh:. Craftsman sockets down here are priced so high at the estate sales you get a better deal at Sears.

• Like 3