Duramax7man7

60" 520hc Deck Find!

Duramax7man7

Seems to be a great condition! Only things is the back portion of the right side shoot has been removed. I'm assuming that this was to allow better flow of the grass exiting the deck. 
Which you can see in the bottom RH side of the photo.

What I'd like to do is get another piece in there if possible while still keeping functionality of the deck and guide wheels without hindering the flow of grass like the original design.

Possible? I'm thinking that some sort of curved piece welded in will do the trick. If this photo doesn't show enough I'll get more up. They cut out the corner piece there. 

60inch_Deck.jpg

• Like 1

wildman

Nice find

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Yep,Nice find....that looks like an easy fix to the chute.      That doesn't look like a spring loaded mule for the 60" though.

• Like 1

Duramax7man7

Yes the Mule idler drive is spring loaded. The Mule Drive is labeled "520-HC"....

20170331_130456.jpg

I'd really like to make a curved piece for this repair to allow good grass flow. I guess I could even make the more rigid corner piece and weld that back in and then just weld in a bridge to cover that corner?

20170331_130909.jpg

The underside is pretty clean (minus the grass of course) overall.

20170331_131115.jpg

• Like 1

Duramax7man7

Okay, so am I really seeing this right? This isn't the only photo that I've seen with a "Bolt on" rear grass shoot plate???

Deck_Part.jpg

Tankman

The fix looks great and easy enough to do. I think I would tack weld the piece in place.

Nice deck!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by Tankman

Duramax7man7

Oh that's not my repair. That's what I have seen a couple of times on the internet. Is this bolt on piece a revision for ease of cleaning the deck or something I'm not thinking about?

Duramax7man7

Okay, so I took some time and clean this monster up today and gave her test run on 312-8s and WOW... What a FANTASTIC Mowing deck. I will never go back to the smaller decks.

Got to give a shout out to Joe's Outdoor Power! That guy is real nice and has some great equipment to offer. I highly recommend him as well the other venders.

PHOTOS: Underbelly hosed down...

20170401_142642-1.jpg

On the 312-8s

20170401_151452-1.jpg

Front end shot. Hood is crooked a little Checked it out after this shot and it was just pressed in a bit on the left side.

20170401_151440.jpg

• Like 1

ericj

how did the 312 spin that big sucker, I ran my 60" on a 90 416-H with the 6" front tires, they rubbed a little but it was do-able. I don't think the 312 would have enough power to run  that big deck under a load

eric j 

• Like 1

Duramax7man7

I was questioning that and that's partially why I put it on the 312-8s first...

It did very well though. Granted the grass wasn't worth cutting but it spun the blades up just fine and I ran the yard in 2nd gear without any issues. Even ran 3rd gear for a bit without issues. I have a 1988 Scag, belt driven walk behind that is a 52" with 14hp single cylinder Kawasaki that will cut through 1ft tall grass. Being that this 12hp magnum will be cutting and also moving close to half a ton in weight, that might be a different story though. Well see soon. 

• Like 2

HokieAg07

That piece you are missing on the discharge side is straight, ie, it makes the discharge a rectangle. Apparently it is a weak piece as mine is in need of replacement as I have repaired it several times. These big decks cut low and I catch that piece on roots or other obstacles from time to time and tear the weld. Easy fix though 

• Like 1