Busted knuckles

Wheel horse 520h need help finding parts and prices

Busted knuckles

Hi everyone im new here. I own two wheel horse 520h both 1993 and only 150 serial numbers apart. One of them isnt sparking and im postitive its the ignition pickup module so now what where do i get one and what do they run for a new one. Internet isnt working for me is this obsolete or what?

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

You are in the right place...These guys will fix you up...The 520 H expert crowd will be along shortly - I have no doubt!!!

Sparky

Would you buy a used one? If yes get into our vendor section located in the classifieds and ses if one of them has what your after.

Mike.....

:WRS:

Busted knuckles

Id rather buy new im worried that its become obsolete. In my eperience it doesnt pay to buy used electronics unless your trying to sell the tractor.

rmaynard

Still available. Toro part #71-6380. Around $200.00 with shipping. I'd opt for a used one. eBay has several listed from around $75.00.

Bob

:WRS:

• Like 1

Busted knuckles

Wow thats alot from toro i found a onan parts website and it lists that toro number as cross reference and its 99 plus shipping. Im starting to beat the internet and find what im looking for. Thanks for that number glad to be here hope i can keep my old steel running for years to come.

onanparts.com
16 minutes ago, Busted knuckles said:

Wow thats alot from toro i found a onan parts website and it lists that toro number as cross reference and its 99 plus shipping. Im starting to beat the internet and find what im looking for. Thanks for that number glad to be here hope i can keep my old steel running for years to come.

Unlikely Onan will run out of the modules anytime soon. :) Can't say for sure but the ebay ones for around $75.00 are imported from what we have heard. The genuine Onan modules are still made here in the U.S.A. :)

Before replacing it though the module should be tested as shown here. 

OnanModuletest.jpg

Onanmoduletest.pdf

• Like 3

Busted knuckles

Thanks for all the help. I havnt owned these long. I bought my first two years ago and a month ago the transmission locked up. I just fixed it the differential nuts backed out and a bolt jammed the gears up this unit only has 450 hours. Since i was worried id be without a tractor i found a second one for back up it was a barn find and didnt run but had good compression front and rear with 660 hours. I tore into it and somone had took the carb apart and lost the float jet so i tracked another one down. Got her to fire up fixed and sealed 3 flat tires greased it cleaned all the grass from inside and out and was taking my first joy ride when it just died. I did the normal testing and the module is bad so now i have it tore apart AGAIN. I hope i can make these old war horses work for me between the two of them i need to keep 3 acres mowed and snow clear on a 100 yard driveway

Busted knuckles

I guess last question once i pull the flywheel does the stator need to come off or can i just get right to the module?

AMC RULES

68143.gif.50c77fb9f3856ac45e8f80428e959c56.gif

:wwp:

onanparts.com
9 hours ago, Busted knuckles said:

I guess last question once i pull the flywheel does the stator need to come off or can i just get right to the module?

Stator has to be removed to access the module and it's two mounting screws. The stator only has three screws. Easy to remove, just don't try to force it off the timing cover. :)

WH4FUN

I would change the trigger ring also.I have change the pick up before and the trigger ring failed shortly after. Cost is cheap versus tearing it down again.