Cee245

Problem with a stalling 416

Jeff-C175
5 hours ago, Handy Don said:

by TESTING parts before buying new ones

Agree!  The time spent spending money and throwing parts at the problem would be better spent learning how it works and then logically approaching the problem in a systematic way and troubleshooting to find the problem and THEN throw money at it.

At the end of the day you will be ahead of the game.

• Like 1

Redline69

Problem is the engine dies after using it for a while, then the engine gets hot. It might re start once or twice for a short time, but then it's done and has to be parked until it cools off..then it will start and run again.

Redline69

Thanks Cleat, will do this test and report back.

Redline69

OK, sorry for the big delay getting back here..farming and life gets in the way sometimes..

I've determined from your test Cleat, that I need new ignition module and ...Trigger ring? does that go around the crank shaft?

I can't find part numbers on these.. again, assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

lynnmor
52 minutes ago, Redline69 said:

OK, sorry for the big delay getting back here..farming and life gets in the way sometimes..

I've determined from your test Cleat, that I need new ignition module and ...Trigger ring? does that go around the crank shaft?

I can't find part numbers on these.. again, assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

166-0785

166-0767

166-0786

Or get the complete set.

• Like 1

Redline69

Thanks lynnmor, I'm going to see if I can source that kit within Ontario first, otherwise I might see if that outfit ship here to Ontario.

lynnmor
11 hours ago, Redline69 said:

Thanks lynnmor, I'm going to see if I can source that kit within Ontario first, otherwise I might see if that outfit ship here to Ontario.

That "kit" is just a group of parts put together by that supplier.  Google the part numbers along with Onan and you should be able to find new and used parts.  You may only need the module, the gray ring is rather trouble free, the insulator wasn't included on earlier models but they should be used and the old one may be good.  The key should be OK for reuse. 

• Like 2