C-121uk

Cub Cadet 70 restore

D_Mac

Your work is outstanding ! What did you use on the tires?

C-121uk
On 4/19/2020 at 3:41 AM, VY2 said:

In the middle of restoring a 70 from my dad that passed away late last year. He loved CC’s and doing this to remember him. 

Enjoyed looking at your pics, a question or two if you do not mind. How did you disconnect your engine from the drive shaft? I want to remove the engine for painting.

Also did you take the frame off from the rear end & transmission to paint or just work around them? 

thank you in advance for your help,

VJ2

Hello, although i've stripped it right down to nothing you'll have to excuse me but I actually can't remember how they disconnect, as there's not many in the uk i've only had the chance to work on this one. I think once you have removed the front grill casting, you can unbolt the engine from underneath and then the engine slides forward a little. This disengages the drive and then it will lift out. I took the rear end off for painting, I notice many people don't strip down the tractors completely but I think to do a proper restoration you need to strip every last thing down to clean and paint but just do what you can!

On 4/19/2020 at 2:34 PM, VY2 said:

C-121uk,

Not sure you’ll ever see this due to you posts being 3yrs old but I just noticed your 70 drive train is belt driven and mine is directly from the engine shaft. 

Thanks & again nice job. 

My 70 is shaft driven not belt driven, the belt is for the starter/generator 

C-121uk
On 4/20/2020 at 4:09 AM, D_Mac said:

Your work is outstanding ! What did you use on the tires?

I just used some tire black in a spray can, its a bit like an oil, the front are new but I actually got the back ones pretty clean by just scrubbing them.

VY2

Thank you C-121uk.  I finally kept working on it and to your point, unscrewed the motor mount screws and it pulled apart. 
Many thanks for the reply. 
All the best & stay safe,

VY2

RandyLittrell

Don't know how I missed this, I am a Cub guy too and you have done a super nice job!! It should be good for another 50 years!! 

Randy

• Like 1

Elliot Garfinkel

Beautiful  job ,better than new ,roughly what was the time frame on that project

PeacemakerJack

Great job on this restoration!  Reminds me of the work that @Achto has done on some of the tractors he’s restored.  Your detail is impressive and the end result shows that. I have like the CC 70/100 for years.  They are neat little tractors and very capable workers too.  

Well done.

• Like 1