Duramax7man7

To paint or not to paint...

Duramax7man7

Hello again my friends...

I recently purchased a used but new upgraded forward swept front end for my 95' 312-8... I plan on tearing the entire tractor eventually and fixing or beefing up anything that I see fit for intended use and then a fresh coat of red on it.

Should I do wait to paint the front end with the rest of the tractor in the future or do it now while it's off as I plan on installing and using the new front end and steering components within a week...

The front end and steering components are all in moderate esthetic paint shape for their age. No rusting. Just a little dusty and dirty with a some chipping here and there.  

What say you?

• Like 1

Digger 66

:wwp:

• Like 1

Jerry77

If it is decent, I personally like the original patina.  A full-on resto is great, but I think it is hard to beat the " used " but still " great  look".     ( think - a 77 year old man with new dentures and a wig  - doesn't that just give you chills?? )  :twocents-02cents:

• Like 6

AMC RULES

Don't they, kind of all...  :confusion-shrug:

look the same once they've been "restored"?

• Like 4

roadapples
21 minutes ago, Jerry77 said:

( think - a 77 year old man with new dentures and a wig  - doesn't that just give you chills?? )  :twocents-02cents:

As long as he`s not wearing shorts, sandals, and black knee socks....:ROTF:

• Like 5

JeanUKWildcat

I would say keep it looking like it aged with time, like it tells a story of its travels if you say. :wwp:

• Like 1

oliver2-44
6 hours ago, roadapples said:

As long as he`s not wearing shorts, sandals, and black knee socks....:ROTF:

Whew! @roadapples

Im glad it OK to wear blue socks with my shorts & sandles

Meanwhile, back to the tractor.  Keep the paint original for now, or if the parts have some areas your concerned about rusting, give them a coat of satin clear.

• Like 2

Duramax7man7

This was pre tire replacement and install today... just about done installing the front end. Forgot the seller didnt give me tie rod end nut spacers... have to get some. But she looks good! New set of rubber on the rims. ;)

20170129_182357.jpg

• Like 1

Duramax7man7

If you want to see the progress thread of the install of this stuff, here is the link... (Photo heavy. Just like you guys like it! ;) )