Wildhorse

Wheel Horse Fire Engine

ztnoo

My question is what model is it??? The ad listing gives nothing I can identify........MODEL NUMBER 62.20973 ?????

In the "Item specifics" is states RJ..........but I don't know the earlier models well at all, so I have no clue.

Anyone have any ideas or info on what this custom is based on?

new2horses

It's a Lawn Ranger. :handgestures-thumbupright:

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:  Based on what I can see it is probably a 1963,  33E  , not that it matters.

• Like 1

TDF5G
3 hours ago, 953 nut said:

:text-yeahthat:  Based on what I can see it is probably a 1963,  33E  , not that it matters.

Right.  It's a one of a kind no matter what model it is.

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 1

WHX??

What might be more interesting is the history behind it....the who, what, when, where & how!?!?

• Like 7

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: You forgot one...the WHY???  :angry-banghead:

That's the story I'd like to know.  :text-imsorry:

• Like 2

WHX??

Yes I should have said that... beg forgiveness Craig.....maybe the why is the creator narrowly missed out on a Senior and he built this to console himself?!?!?:ychain:

• Like 2

ztnoo

Journalism 101:

The five "W's" and the "H".

Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How................

WHX??

Sorry @ztnoo....musta forgotten that when the missus beat me up about the head with the cast iron skillet when I brought that last tractor home. :angry-cussingwhite:

• Like 1

ztnoo

Well..........we all have "domestic situations and considerations"..........so no harm, no foul.

;-)

I've only owned ONE Wheel Horse for 35 + years.

No skillet has been near my head...................at least that I can remember.......

ztnoo

Now @ $710.00

Time left: 5h 37m 7s
Ends: Today 10:24PM

Boys better start checking your bank account if you are really interested in this.
Bidnapper bidding will probably go nuts when the clock strikes 30 seconds to the close of the auction.
Any guesses where this will wind up???

• Like 1

WHX??

No thanks not gonna dip into my C-161 fund either. I gave up @ 260 clams. I'll guess 900 ....closest winner gets to hang out with Squonk at the bus stop or have a sip out of Steve's mug....take your pick.

• Like 2

953 nut

Two committed bidders with deep pockets, every sellers dream scenario! I may stay up past my normal bedtime just to see how high it will go, or not.

• Like 1

ztnoo

So Richard.......do you know both these bidders???........and where do you think this might end up???

Curious minds want to know.........

umm.gif

I have my own speculative option, but I prefer to hear from those more experienced Wheel Horsemen.

What say you, Gentlemen???

umm.gif

953 nut
2 hours ago, ztnoo said:

do you know both these bidders???

I don't know the bidders, but if you click on the number of bids it will show the first and last character of the bidders ID and at present there are two going at it.

• Like 1

ztnoo

The thing about the sniping tool technique is if you put your bid in first and hold to a high beyond what you think the item will actually go for, sometimes you can win the auction one increment above the required amount to raise the bid, whatever the last bid winds up (be it by $1, $10, $100, whatever).

You'll almost never win trying to do it manually by watching the bids physically.

If you do, you'll always be late in your bidding, and you'll be SOL.

• Like 2

TDF5G

Just checked on this again with about 20 minutes to go at $825.

Is that Wheel Horse body work and engine put on some kind of electric utility vehicle like a Cushman scooter or something like that?  It just doesn't look like the WH frame is there.  And the seat, it kinda looks like maybe it's made of wood.   Very curious.  It would certainly be cool to know the story behind this thing.

:huh:

Edited by TDF5G

Rp.wh

She went for 845$ someone will be getting a neat little peice with some awesome back ground hopefully we all get to here about it!

• Like 2

TDF5G

Just watched the auction end at $845.  Thank you to admins for bending the rules a little on this one. 

:)

• Like 3

WHX??

Gotta luv these  auctions.... now do I hear 825 now 850 now 9 now 9 now 9 hey sold to who ever is nutz enough! !! :lol:

• Like 1