Digger 66

Harbor Freight Shop Press ?

Digger 66

Anyone own one of these ? 20 Ton Shop Press

I stopped at H/F last Sunday for a pack of work gloves ( no moving parts :ychain: ) 

Seems pretty sturdy but looks can be deceiving .

Looks like with a little welding & fab work it could be a decent thing to have around .

The "shoes" on the ends of the beam (or carriage) that rides up & down on either upright would need some attention to see that the remain square to the work piece .

I was going to grab it but I took the Cobalt instead of the pickup & the box was too big :wacko:

DennisThornton

Used mine very little but happy so far. 

• Like 1

Kurt-NEPA

I have the HF 20 Ton press - works great.  I replaced the hydraulic jack with an air over hydraulic jack. That made it better.  This press has handled everything I've thrown on it. 

• Like 1

squonk

We have one of those at work. You cant put Garzunda sized pieces in it but it works well for pressing bearings and what not. :banana-wrench:

• Like 1

Daddy Don

Have one and never no problems with it.

RandyLittrell

Mine is a good fifteen years old now, but I am happy with it. Haven't really used it that many times, but damn handy when you do!!

Randy

Digger 66

Thanks for all the responses fellas .

I originally wanted a bench-top model but it seems they only go up to around 6 tons .

Plus the throat size is pretty small .

I'm going to pick it up Sunday morning .

• Like 1

maxiblue

Have had mine for about 35 years now. Bought it when I was build racing engines, had to press off rods from piston had ten sets of V8 rods machine shop wanted $3 a rod so I went out bought 20ton press for $225 and still have it. Don't use it that much any more but when I need it I'm glad I still have it, and a lot of  people are happy I have it too:ROTF:  mostly on the weekends.

Edited by maxiblue
  • Like 2