ericj

little guys show being moved

ericj

I received word today that the little guys show normally held at Bob Rentzel's farm in Manchester Pa, scheduled for May 20,21 2017 has been moves to Steam-O-Rama's spring fling May 6,7 2017 with set up day Fri may 5th.

A news letter will be going out to everyone who registered the last couple of years at the show explaining whats going on in the near future. I'm just trying to help get the word out as soon as possible. I know there are several members on here that attend bot the little guys show and Windsor's Steam-O-Rama when weather permits lol. I'll try to update with info when and if I get more

eric j    

• Like 4

rmaynard

Thanks for that info Eric. 

• Like 1

jimt1971

Eric,

Do they allow camping there?

Jim

ericj

Jim, yes they do allow camping, this year will probably be a little hectic till everyone gets settled in. during their big show they allow camping but not at your display, you set up camp up in another field. so i don't know what rules and regulations they may put in place. Charlie Culley and Bob Rentzel are having a meeting  with the leaders of Steam-O-Rama tonight. so I'm sure more details will follow. I did ask about riding a tractor around the show, becuase I think you have to at least register and get a permit to drive during the big show in October.  I was also told that there will be garden tractor plowing and roto-tilling during the spring fling weekend in May

eric j

jimt1971

We may just load the small trailer and come up for the day. Now we can go to the May Jacktown show that was the same weekend as the Little Guy Show.

ericj

Jim, I talked to Charlie tonight and when asked about camping he said that we would be able to camp at your display. Hopefully that might help you out.

eric j

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Thanks for the updates Eric.     A combined show this spring sounds like a great idea.  I hope it comes together and mother nature cooperates.  

It was good talking with you this evening.     These vacations are great, but I am glad to be back in the barn.   We logged 3014 miles in 10 days.

• Like 2

Zeek

Here's the flyer and some additional show info

Little Guys 2017.jpg

Little Guys Show Info 2017.jpg

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

Thanks Zeek,  Hope to see you there.        Should this date and info be put on the :rs:calendar ?

• Like 2

Zeek

Yes, I plan on being there.  If the weather is nice I may stay overnight, but early May is kind of iffy . . . I'm not a cold weather guy :sleeping-drool: and will just have my cargo trailer so we'll see.  I've been to Steam-O-Rama, but I'm not sure we will have power where we are set up.  My guess is probably not.  If it's cold I may do a day trip to evaluate this year.  Either way I'm bringing a tractor and my Cub puller. 

• Like 2

rmaynard

What's the deal on driving your tractor around on site? Will it be allowed?

Ed Kennell

I have never attended the spring show Bob, but there is a lot of tractor riding at the fall shows.

Zeek

I'm not sure about riding either. I saw people doing it though.  I think Eric is checking on that form his earlier post.

ericj

as far as I have heard an know we should be able to drive our tractors around at the show this year. A lot will depend on how everyone acts while driving that will make the difference on weather we will be able to continue driving around at the show

eric j

• Like 1

Zeek
On 2/5/2017 at 10:00 PM, ericj said:

as far as I have heard an know we should be able to drive our tractors around at the show this year. A lot will depend on how everyone acts while driving that will make the difference on weather we will be able to continue driving around at the show

eric j

:auto-layrubber::auto-swerve::auto-ambulance:

• Like 3

Zeek

Unless something changes with the forecast, I will not be attending on Friday as I had planned.

weather.JPG.49cd51733e85c497b8ef9d30728c64cd.JPG

Ed Kennell

I hear that Zeek.      I'll wait and see  :confusion-shrug:.

ericj

i've got 14 tractors down at the show as of right now, roto-tilling Saturday at 2 pm and garden plowing at 10 am Sunday. I'll be there both days someplace or another, hope o see some of you's this weekend

eric j

• Like 2

SPINJIM

Too bad; the second year in a row with rain.  Saturday is supposed to be better, so I'm going to give it shot.   I'm trying to thin the herd so that I have room to work in my shop, so I'm bringing a running B-100 Automatic to sell at the auction.    A soggy tractor show is better than sitting at home.   See you there.

Jim

WH B100 001.jpg

Edited by SPINJIM
  • Like 3

kthack657

We are packed up and ready to go tomorrow, just still waiting to see what tomorrow brings...have a raider 10 for sale with us...hope the weather cooperates...want to show off Triclopse...

Edited by kthack657
  • Like 3

Ed Kennell

Weather permitting, I should be there by noon Sat.    Where are the Little Guys set up at Eric?

• Like 2

ericj

up beside the pulling track, where the big tractor display is at the fall show.

eric j

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Thanks Eric, I assume you are at your regular spot  "Down in the Valley".

• Like 1

ericj

no I'm up at the pulling track this time

eric j

• Like 1