JAinVA

ice storm

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: I'm betting that bucket truck will pay for itself this week...good luck, be safe. :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor

Yes Craig I bet it will. That is if the big city guys don't come up here swarming the place like vultures

ClassicTractorProfessor

Electricity and phone service are back. :banana-dance: Big shout out to all the utility workers who came to our small town all the way from North Carolina to help out. And so begins the long cleanup process but thankfully the worst of it is over. Silver lining...I have an excuse for some :wh: seat time. Hope everyone else affected is safe as well

• Like 3

can whlvr

well were in for it now,the weather people are calling this serious,school buses are cancelled and asking people to be careful tommorow

ClassicTractorProfessor
5 minutes ago, can whlvr said:

well were in for it now,the weather people are calling this serious,school buses are cancelled and asking people to be careful tommorow

Stay safe

can whlvr

so are still getting nailed,it froze rain all last night,all day today and is still going,its strange because we get warm for a couple of hours and then back to the freezing rain,its a complete nightmare up here in the country,in the city only rain,had to assist the firemen at work today,a car hit a tree,and the lady refused help,on the way out of the scene(right in front where I work)a cop slipped and fell,knocked himself out and the firemen had to come back,it was so icy I moved gear for them with my loader tractor which is chained up and I have many tonnes of sand salt on hand,so I spred some sand for them to work on so no one else goes down,i have ice cleats for my boots and wondered why none of the responders have them,there great,like no ice at all,so every one goes away and I'm out getting the garbage cans and the fire trucks show up again,this time the lady up the road decided she needed help now,the firemen brought a ranger with tracks to get to the scene,its up a large steep hill,they get it stuck so I recue them again with my trusty new deere laoder tractor,ya I know a deere but this machine is beast,unstoppable even on pure ice,so I pull them out and go up the hill and help get the ambulance unstuck wuth my bucket load of sand and salt,they were very grateful and tried to recruit me as its a volunteer station and its hard to get guys that are close to the station in the day,but I reclined and went on my way

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor

Sounds like you are getting hit pretty hard...stay safe and keep us posted

can whlvr

well it finally stopped,warmed up today and the ice is melting but its gonna take about a week to melt it all,cant post any pics because photo bucket seems to freeze my computer when I go on it,dont know why